Metroid Prime 4 is in development!

screen_shot_2017_06_13_at_9.10.51_am_1024.1497370265.png.jpg

Metroid Prime 4 is now in development. Dreams really do come true.

No other info is currently known.

The new game will mark the first entry in the Prime series in a decade, as the original trilogy concluded with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on the original Wii in 2007. The Prime subseries debuted on the GameCube in 2002, and was especially notable for successfully translating the iconic, moody exploration of the original Metroid games into a three-dimensional, first-person experience.

Last edited by chavosaur,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish someone else is doing it than Retro Studios.

...because I feel Retro Studios is better making "new" games, not sequels to their old games. Both Donkey Kong Country and Metroid Prime were great, but Prime 2-3 and Tropical Freeze... well, they were not bad, but it was clearly lost potential when Retro Studios could have been making their own version of whatever Nintendo throws at them. Would you not want to see Retro Studios version of Ice Climbers, or Star Fox, or F-Zero, or whatever neglected series instead?

Its not Retro this time

Ninja'd hard
:bortz2:

Last edited by BORTZ,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like they decided to go with the Prime canon rather than the Other M canon (which had to disregard Prime to even approach making sense). Good move.

Not done by Retro, eh? well, that's okay. It'd be nice if we had some new ideas, something fresh. Though I'm guessing it'll dumb the metroidness down and make it a chore of a game. I'want to explore that ever-present creepy isolation but I suspect we'll be going through a bazillion dialogues of sterilized military complexes....but the director of this game is the director who did sticker star, colour splash, and federation force. So I'm expecting it to be a pretty shitty game. But maybe it'll be something worth playing.

Last edited by osaka35,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Looks like they decided to go with the Prime canon rather than the Other M canon (which had to disregard Prime to even approach making sense). Good move.

Not done by Retro, eh? well, that's okay. It'd be nice if we had some new ideas, something fresh. Though I'm guessing it'll dumb the metroidness down and make it a chore of a game. I'want to explore that ever-present creepy isolation but I suspect we'll be going through a bazillion dialogues of sterilized military complexes....but the director of this game is the director who did sticker star, colour splash, and federation force. So I'm expecting it to be a pretty shitty game. But maybe it'll be something worth playing.
Even so the first person shooter perspective will add immense to it and so will the Joy-Cons.

It's been a long time since there's been an actual GOOD Metroid game. :P

Reactions: osaka35

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
You should crank 2D Samus first homie. I recomend zero mission or super metroid tbh
I am a huge fan of the rom hack Super Metroid Redesign. Super Metroid is one of my all time favorite games. I wish they would continue to make games like that without that 3d rubbish.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My fault Deathscreton. Im a newbie "bruh".
Newbie or not, you're gonna be held to the same standards as many others here. Since you signed up and posted on a forum, a technical one at that, we also assume that you know how a forum works, what the etiquette is and all that goes with it. Instead of saying "i'm a newbie" and trying to be condescending, you may wanna try "Oh shit, my bad, I wasn't paying attention", or "kiss the inside of my asshole, I did what I did because I wanted to".

No reason to be halfway about things.

D

Deleted User

Almost a year gone by now. I´m certain Nintendo shows new Metroid Prime 4 content at E3 next Month.

PanchoCilantro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bruh. This thread is nearly a year old. Why.

Newbie or not, you're gonna be held to the same standards as many others here. Since you signed up and posted on a forum, a technical one at that, we also assume that you know how a forum works, what the etiquette is and all that goes with it. Instead of saying "i'm a newbie" and trying to be condescending, you may wanna try "Oh shit, my bad, I wasn't paying attention", or "kiss the inside of my asshole, I did what I did because I wanted to".

No reason to be halfway about it

Ok the fact that I wanted to is kind of a given, so you're kind of stupid there. But honestly I didn't see it so technically. I will honor the forum and its ettiquette but I'm pretty sure kissing asshole isn't very technical lmao watch ur mouth clown

PanchoCilantro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bruh. This thread is nearly a year old. Why.
Almost a year gone by now. I´m certain Nintendo shows new Metroid Prime 4 content at E3

I dont keep up with 3D metroid but I am still very curious to see what they have stored at E3. Also not too caught up with E3 lately so thanks man. I also hadn't noticed the date this was created so again I apologize lol still learning gbatemp. Im sure 2018 Samus is gonna be legendary

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh wow. Bit of a cunt aren't we? Good luck

We? Na just u bro lol

Manana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No reason to be halfway about things.

You complain about someone posting in a year old thread then post again because pride? Someone responded to the post so clearly it's no biggy. You need Etiquette when kissing assholes too I guess. Quit being a dick, I hate seeing shit like this in forums man. I'd slap you up if you talked to me like that face to face.

Last edited by Manana,
Reactions: PanchoCilantro

PanchoCilantro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You complain about someone posting in a year old thread then post again because pride? Someone responded to the post so clearly it's no biggy. You need Etiquette when kissing assholes too I guess. Quit being a dick, I hate seeing shit like this in forums man. I'd slap you up if you talked to me like face to face.

Lol this guy Deathscrotum is a total newbie "bruh" smh

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You complain about someone posting in a year old thread then post again because pride? Someone responded to the post so clearly it's no biggy. You need Etiquette when kissing assholes too I guess. Quit being a dick, I hate seeing shit like this in forums man. I'd slap you up if you talked to me like that face to face.

Wow. Internet 101 here. Threaten to "kick my ass" over your keyboard. Cool. And who said anything about pride? I told the guy that instead of being condescending, either own up to your mistakes or be a prick somewhere else. Kissing assholes was an example of being a prick. Y'all need to learn to read. Anyways, this thread should be locked.

Lol this guy Deathscrotum is a total newbie "bruh" smh

Are you both 12 or some shit?

Manana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Internet 101 here. Threaten to "kick my ass" over your keyboard. Cool. And who said anything about pride? I told the guy that instead of being condescending, either own up to your mistakes or be a prick somewhere else. Kissing assholes was an example of being a prick. Y'all need to learn to read. Anyways, this thread should be locked.

Your an ass hole man, you know it deep down. You feel it.... deep down in your ass hole.

PanchoCilantro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Damn youre getting too mad man. Just relax bro its a technical forum

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: