endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, you have guaranteed a main Mario game and at least 3 Mario spinoff each year. And for Zelda we get a new one at least once a year. Metroid is like one per console if we are lucky, so Federation Force was a dagger in the guts for those who wants the original Metroid formula back. (And probably with how badly Other M was received, they went back to the Prime formula).

To be honest, I'm actually looking forward it, a Metroid Prime multiplayer sounds like fun, and as long as it keeps the elements that made Prime successful, I won't mind Samus not being there, or the chibiness of it.
Yeah, I can understand the frustration of the lack of a more rooted game on either console. Personally I think a true prime sequel would work best on Wii U so I don't know why Federation Force is a bad fit for the 3DS.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the game ever actually tell us who the deleter was? or were we just suppose to know it was the last dude that died because the murders stopped after he got killed?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get what they were going for, gameplay wise, I just don't think it was done very well but it wasn't that bad. It was disappointing, though, as Retro already solved the 3D Metroid thing perfectly fine and this a big step backwards to me.

It was the story that really killed it for me. I've read all the comics and the way she was acting would have made more sense at the beginning of the Metroid series, not the end where she's already worked through a lot of her problems. Sure, the Metroid dying to save her could cause some problems for her, I think any decent person would feel bad for the thing, but that should have been a subplot she was working through, not causing the extreme relapse we saw. It gets even worse when we see her interaction with Adam and others. The excuse for her not using her other power-ups is just silly.

Not saying she can't have weaknesses, all the best badasses have weaknesses, but this was extreme with little reason. Maybe if it built up to it a bit more, it wouldn't be so bad, but as it is it came out of nowhere and didn't even have the typical great gameplay to distract from it.

Reactions: osaka35

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That boy yo