Metroid Other M DVD9 to DVD5 tutorial

What you need

Metroid Other M DVD9 iso
WiiScrubber
Replacement files ( http://www.mediafire.com/?974jyox9m63bexs )
7zip or a hex editor

1 - Open the dvd9 iso with wiiscrubber
2 - Extract dm59_cut43b ( Partition: 2 -> movie )
3 - Replace all the other sdf files with dm59_cut43b
3 - Replace the game.rel with the one in the pack ( Partition: 2 -> rel -> game.rel )
4 - Create a DVD5 iso file by copying the first 4'699'979'776 bytes of the DVD9 iso in a new file (you can use an hexadecimal editor, or 7-Zip for example).
5 - Burn it!

Tested with neogamma r9 beta 41 + cios 56 slot 249 rev20

If you're freezing at baby's cry, you can try running the dvd5 ver, then after baby's cry scene change back to dvd9, dunno if it will work

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usb loaders or a dual layer disc save a lot of headache here.

dual layer discs are NOT that expensive, contrary to popular belief, especially considering the cost of one new wii game.

a usb loader will pay for itself. disc loading is pretty much exclusively for modchip users (and they don't run into the issues that people here are), i've never seen the point of discs with a softmod. at least on the wii, which is cracked wide open.

a hard drive will only hold the game data, scrubbing the junk out. by the time you throw 10 games onto a hard drive, that's only used anywhere from 1-10 discs worth, and it will more than likely be less than 10. so comparing raw data (number of discs * 4.3 GB and sum of all game data on a hard drive), you will be saving a lot of space, and money.

i personally use UNEEK+DI, and haven't looked back. i get all of the benefits of a modded system, and one drawback (not launching vc/wiiware from SD card, but the regular NAND is softmodded for that anyway).

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Haha, to say that unskippable CGI ruin the game is hilarious
tongue.gif

I really enjoyed them. No need for a crappy and broken DVD5 version. Stick with DVD9 or dont play the game.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
you can go to alucard.cc and learn how to downsample sfd movie files. did that a couple years ago with devil may cry 3

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MENTALDOMINANCE said:
ACTUALLY - I have been waiting for a DVD 5 rip for this game because it will actually make the game PLAYABLE!
The fucking cgi sequences ruin the game. You can't abort them, they're totally fucking gay and a waste of space,
etc. - I hate it when companies do all this elaborate cgi crap for what is supposed to be an old school style game.
Many modern games suck because they have become inundated with bloat - they worry about everything BUT the
actual gameplay. Even in the Amiga days I hated companies like Cinemaware which basically just hobbled together
a bunch of animations and then, as an afterthought, linked them together with a crappy game.

SO - Make a DVD 5 and pirate Metroid Other M! Why? Because the pirated version is better than the bought version!
You won't have to wait through the CGI and you will actually be able to play through the ACTUAL game rather than
be bogged down with un-skippable crappy cartoons that no one gives a fuck about.

Companies need to learn. Having unskippable CGI is unexcuseable, especially to the extent of Metroid Other M.
For me, it ruined the game and made it unplayable. I actually might play it now that the CGI is gone.

I do not want a "storyline" any deeper than "tell me who I am, what to shoot, and where to get health and weapons."
If I wanted to devote my life to role-playing like crap I would play role playing games.
Metroid is supposed to be OLD SCHOOL. OLD SCHOOL = Arcade, not "get into the story".

Also why wait for a release? This topic has simple instructions for doing the rip yourself.

P.S. - Haven't read the tutorial yet but there are 2 ways of doing it:
Crosslink the files or make small dummy files.
The easiest way is to just find the index in the code where it points to all the
different files and change all them to point to the same file, then make that
file a 1 second animation that says "HORRAY! You don't have to wait! Back to the game!"
The cutscenes were great, the whole game is so all you want to do is run around playing a game with no story line? Go back to the nes you'll enjoy it more than a wii.

~Wiiloader~

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xshinox said:
all you will lose if you made the game a dvd5 are the CG scenes
But can you trim the game for DVD5 but to keep all files like game itself and CG movies... i mean there are always junk files, how much space you gain by remowing junk files? and can you somehow compress movie files and that put them on DVD5 vith the game.... I mean when you playing a Metroid game, it's not fun to just play, its also fun to follow the story and the story is reveald in CG movies
smile.gif

sorry for my bad english...

~Wiiloader~

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oscarj08 said:
i guess is better to play dvd9 + wii lens cleaner because the game is not the same without videos and i have neogamma r9 beta 44 cios 20 based 37 3.2U no modchip burned on a DL+R and perfect withot babys cry glitch and anything else just perfect.
what is ""babys cry glitch"" ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans