ROM Hack Metal Max 3 Translation Project

MetalFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
INSERTER ISSUE
Hi Friends , the translation goes very well but we are having problems inserting the translated texts in the following files D00, C06, C09, C11, H15 , Please DarthNemesis can you check it out this issue... (I left some captures and also the translated files that we want to insert) Thanks in advance for your help and time...

qWZ2LuH.png
KCUspJ4.png

Ohh, I forgot also I would like to leave some captures of how the edition is going. I hope you enjoy it

0IKz4oT.png
wc8AmfP.png
IDcPi2c.png
20KtQo9.png
d4Me45k.png
CX1eEiv.png

Attachments

• Translated Files.rar
    730 bytes · Views: 229
Last edited by MetalFan,

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we are having problems inserting the translated texts in the following files D00, C06, C09, C11, H15 , Please DarthNemesis can you check it out this issue...
Looks like those are all files with empty TEXT blocks, and it wasn't checking for that when updating the text pointers in the NPCT block. Fixed.

Terithian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, just wanted to wish everyone who's following the project a Merry Christmas, or if you don't celebrate Christmas, a happy non-denominational holiday season.
Progress is ongoing, slowly but surely. I would also like to put it out there that we are looking for other potential translators. I'm currently the only one, and it's a lot of work for me alone, especially since I'm going to have even less free time in the new year.

Reactions: Shadow86

belomar

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Merry Christmas to you too, I can help if you dont mind me using google translator, as I dont known japanese.

Terithian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd rather not have someone using Google Translate for this. It wouldn't actually work properly a lot of the time, as the dialogue in the game is very often in weird slang or non-standard accents that it wouldn't likely recognize, so the translator would actually need to understand Japanese to be able to interpret it properly. Thanks for the offer, though!

belomar

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am happy that in the near future (I hope), we can get a potential parcial translation patch, if you need help to playtest it, I have a lot of free time.

AlcaAdia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.vkdb.jp
XP
Country
If you have a question on a translation, or a portion of translation that you'd like me to look at. However, I don't have enough time to work with many pages of translations, for instance.

Terithian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, I see. Well, if I have anything I'm unsure about I generally post it here, so I'd appreciate the help in those instances.

AlcaAdia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.vkdb.jp
XP
Country
Depends on the amount or how you would convey what needs to be translated. If you'd like, you can PM me some amount you'd like translated and I'll gauge if I can make it work.

Lilfut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, on further thought I'd be willing to join the project if the files were all in a community folder on Dropbox or Google Drive or whatever - I wouldn't be able to do entire script files all at once, but I could certainly pop in and translate a few lines at a time.

Terithian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is, in fact, a Google Drive folder open for this project, but all the text is just in a single archive file in it. I could see about setting up something like that, though, that makes it easier to just pick up whatever you want. I'll send you a PM with a link once I do.

Reactions: Lilfut

MetalFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Before anything , I like to wish you all a Happy New Year.

Text inside the Overlays Files (overlay_0001, overlay_0002,overlay_0003:
Recently I've found some of the Minigame's text inside the overlays files just near to the end.DarthNemesis could you please check it out bro, and please add support on your tool? (I attached the decompressed overlays and some images)

About the Graphics Edition. 05/01/2017
At this point almost all the graphics of the game are already edited and tested. Sadly the only missing ones are the Minigames Graphics which have their own complications.

I've been using the debugger of NO$GBA emulator and it seems that the minigames graphics are rendering in 3D using a 4x4 texel compressed texture, but when I extract them I obtain 3 diferent files maybe (graphic+texture+palette) and it seems like it is not an nsbmd graphic file?? I need to find a way to put these 3 files together to work with them. Somebody has some idea of as working these graphics files?

Attachments

• Text Inside Overlays.rar
    296.5 KB · Views: 254

KasDrifas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello, I'd like to join the project and give a hand with the translation.
Although, I should note I'm not completely fluent yet, I'm around JLPT N3 level, but I think I could be of help, and if anything, it should be less work for you to proofread what I translate than it would be to translate from scratch.

Of course, translating won't be a breeze for me, but with some work and research I could get things done.

Terithian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I'm not great either, but I make do with hefty use of a dictionary. If you'd like to help, I'll PM you a link to the same Google Drive folder I sent Lilfut, which contains all the text files.

MetalFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I made a deeper review of the text I found inside the overlays files and from what I have been able to see so far, fortunately the only overlay that contains text that is really used in the game is Overlay_0002.bin. They are the ones of the menu of the tank's minigame. (I'll leave a catch of what I mean) DarthNemesis could you please check this?

Attachments

• Overlay_0002 TEXT.png
    Overlay_0002 TEXT.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 311

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!