OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
VBeOIbO.jpg

Yep, you read that right. Metal Gear Solid is making it's return to the PC market, with Ground Zero and Phantom Pain also coming to Steam! Hideo Kojima had announced this during an MGS Stream on Twitch, and both Ground Zero and Phantom Pain have been put on the Steam store. There is, however, no announced release date for these ports.

Snake? Snake?? SNAAAAA-Oh, there you are! Glad to have you, old pal. As expected, Hideo Kojima made the Steam announcement during the MGS livestream. "I'm really happy you guys are so excited with the cardboard boxes," he said after a demonstration of some new box features. "And yes, it's coming to Steam."

There's no release date announcement yet, but Kojima says that Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will, naturally, come first. Also, regarding the box, "You will be able to use it in the game as an item."

:arrow:Source

Personally, I think this is excellent news. It's definitely nice to see MGS return to PC and opening up the game to all audiences.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm happy to see the series expanding to PC land. Now, here's for hoping Twin Snakes gets released on other platforms as well, then I'll be happy.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent news, now the HD collection would be the cherry on top, I ain't going to even hope for MGS4

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Excellent news, now the HD collection would be the cherry on top, I ain't going to even hope for MGS4
Not a big loss - I remember playing MGS4 and thinking that I was playing a Call of Duty game. Too much shooting, no stealth.

A friend has Ground Zero for the 360 and said pretty much the same thing. I'll play them when they're out for the PC, but my expectations are really low. MGS4 left a really bad taste in my mouth and Peace Walker wasn't much better. Let's just not speak about the horrible Portable Ops games.

I suppose that Kojima is just in for the money now, and that he hasn't got any intention of creating another great MGS game. I've played all of them multiple times and nothing reaches the gloriousness of MGS1 and MGS3.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not a big loss - I remember playing MGS4 and thinking that I was playing a Call of Duty game. Too much shooting, no stealth.

A friend has Ground Zero for the 360 and said pretty much the same thing. I'll play them when they're out for the PC, but my expectations are really low. MGS4 left a really bad taste in my mouth and Peace Walker wasn't much better. Let's just not speak about the horrible Portable Ops games.

I suppose that Kojima is just in for the money now, and that he hasn't got any intention of creating another great MGS game. I've played all of them multiple times and nothing reaches the gloriousness of MGS1 and MGS3.
Wow raul, you cray cray. MGS:GZ was easily the best MGS thing in years and 4 was very stealth-oriented with all the UG's around. As for Portable Ops, they're fun, but Peace Walker was miles better.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Who cares about action, stealth or whatever. What's important in MGS are the story, characters and the typical MGS craziness. So far of all MGS games I enjoyed MGS4 the most, followed by Peace Walker which really should have been MGS 5.

Edit: Yeah, Portable Ops was horrible, easily the worst MGS. I managed to beat it just because I had hope the story would become better.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow raul, you cray cray. MGS:GZ was easily the best MGS thing in years and 4 was very stealth-oriented with all the UG's around. As for Portable Ops, they're fun, but Peace Walker was miles better.
I didn't play GZ myself, so I can't confirm that, but I'll just repeat that 4 didn't feel right. I guess that was just me.

Portable Ops felt like a minigame, something you get on your cellphone. Definitely not like an MGS game. Peace Walker was seriously crippled by the mission style of game - it just stopped the flow of the story every mission and you just didn't felt motivated to continue. I prefer long, smooth MGS with a single coherent story.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I didn't play GZ myself, so I can't confirm that, but I'll just repeat that 4 didn't feel right. I guess that was just me.

Portable Ops felt like a minigame, something you get on your cellphone. Definitely not like an MGS game. Peace Walker was seriously crippled by the mission style of game - it just stopped the flow of the story every mission and you just didn't felt motivated to continue. I prefer long, smooth MGS with a single coherent story.
Well, Peace Walker was a portable game - it was designed to be served in small, bite-sized chunks, hence the missions. ;) The themes and the gameplay are there though, which is what matters. :P

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
MGS5...

The one and only reason to buy PS4... and now even that reason is gone!

I've just changed to side of PC master race. :D

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But wasn't that right? As far as I remember, MGS4 introduced "shooting everything" being a completely valid option to play the game (actually, the game gets much easier if you do that). I was also turned off by it. I can understand MGS fans disliking that.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Awesome! Now I won't have to buy a PS4.
I hope they won't fuck up the controls though. Like they did with MGS2.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(actually, the game gets much easier if you do that).

It absolutely was not. The game just presented combat as a more valid option and made shooting not so convoluted. Stealth was a conscious choice, not something you were forced into with mediocre combat mechanics. It also made boss battles actually doable instead of how stupid they were in previous games.

Peace Walker enhanced on this, and Ground Zeroes was heavily stealth focused, even with all the "fancy" mechanics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over