Hacking Messed up my R4

TheOddFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I had just got my R4i Gold 3DS for my DSI 1.4.5e.

I installed the kernel which worked fine however, I installed the patcher and now when I boot up my R4 I get the error message. I reformatted, reinstalled the kernel (without patcher) and still get the error.

Have I messed up my R4?

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's what the 3DS shows when you launch a blocked flashcart. Update the firmware on a DS Lite

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a r4i gold? Try to find the last firmware you where on when it worked before, if all else fails, put it in the freezer and forget about it for a week.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, what patcher, if you are talking about dldi r4i autopatches.

TheOddFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it a r4i gold? Try to find the last firmware you where on when it worked before, if all else fails, put it in the freezer and forget about it for a week.

Also, what patcher, if you are talking about dldi r4i autopatches.

This firmware & patcher.

And yes, R4i Gold.

Oh, that's what the 3DS shows when you launch a blocked flashcart. Update the firmware on a DS Lite

So I need to re-patch it with another firmware?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If at all possible, i would start out with another sd card, install the wood firmware on it and then move over your apps and games from your other card, just to make sure its not your sd card that crapped out. If all else fails, I had my r4i gold 3ds card stop working and i put it into the freezer for like a week and it started working again. That is just a last resort though. I saw the image and am not sure which patch you used, but i read that some of the patches only work for certain dsi firmwares. Hopefully you didn't upgrade your card past your firm, I'm not sure how to check this though. If i remember correctly the only way to check the firm on dsi was some intrusive tests that show screen colors depending on different firmwares.

TheOddFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If at all possible, i would start out with another sd card, install the wood firmware on it and then move over your apps and games from your other card, just to make sure its not your sd card that crapped out. If all else fails, I had my r4i gold 3ds card stop working and i put it into the freezer for like a week and it started working again. That is just a last resort though. I saw the image and am not sure which patch you used, but i read that some of the patches only work for certain dsi firmwares. Hopefully you didn't upgrade your card past your firm, I'm not sure how to check this though. If i remember correctly the only way to check the firm on dsi was some intrusive tests that show screen colors depending on different firmwares.

In the photo, there is one kernel and four patches. I'm using the third patch.

Also, I can get my hands on a DSI 1.3 which should allow me in if I installed an old patch. I just need to know what patch to install.

Last edited by TheOddFox,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your dsi is on 1.4.5 why didn't you use the newest patch for r4i gold 3ds. The one from Aug 2013, is the newest one and said it supports 1.4.5. Is there a reason you used the 3rd one that i'm not seeing?

Are you sure you are on 1.4.5e?

TheOddFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If your dsi is on 1.4.5 why didn't you use the newest patch for r4i gold 3ds. The one from Aug 2013, is the newest one and said it supports 1.4.5. Is there a reason you used the 3rd one that i'm not seeing?

Are you sure you are on 1.4.5e?

Yes, most definitely I'm on 1.4.5e. I can't really explain my thinking because I thought one was for the DSI and the other for 3DS but I'm picking up a friend's old DSI which is on 1.3. Hopefully, with my current firmware I'll be able to get on and just update to the latest patch which is the last one. I'll report my findings in 25mins.

TheOddFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by TheOddFox,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know someone who has a dslight? You also need another flashcart like another r4i or a slot 1 (GBA) flashcart.

Too bad you don't live closer by, i'd fix it for you, but shipping and the time it would take to go back and forth wouldn't be worth it.

TheOddFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You don't know someone who has a dslight? You also need another flashcart like another r4i or a slot 1 (GBA) flashcart.

Too bad you don't live closer by, i'd fix it for you, but shipping and the time it would take to go back and forth wouldn't be worth it.

No, I do know someone who has a DSL (I edited original post) and I have another R4i.

Here is what it looks like: R4i
Will this R4i work?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the post i sent you there was 2 links, kernel and firmware. Download both and in the r4igold_3DS62_Patch.rar there is a readme file there explains what to do. Just disregard the part about downloading the files because you already have them.

Sorry, yes, the card you have should work.

TheOddFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the post i sent you there was 2 links, kernel and firmware. Download both and in the r4igold_3DS62_Patch.rar there is a readme file there explains what to do. Just disregard the part about downloading the files because you already have them.

Sorry, yes, the card you have should work.

Just to be clear because this is where I fucked up.

I take my DSL, I use the R4i gold or the R4i? (which one)
Then I put the "R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSL_3DS" on my R4.
Boot it on my DS lite and update to the new firm?

R4i Gold

R4i

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i'm understanding it correctly, extract the "Wood_R4iGold_V1.64.rar" to the root of the R4i Gold's sd, put the "R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSL_3DS.nds" in the R4i's sd and boot the R4i in the DSL, run the "R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSL_3DS.nds" file and remove the R4i and insert the R4i Gold and press a to update.

Last edited by wicksand420,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good