Hacking Mercy Me

RukaRoaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have never hacked before. I have never posted on these forums before. But I have been a lurking for a long while. I am done waiting. I want to be of use. What would it take to start hacking? Too broad? Right. I want to hack the 3DS particularly. Why? My main reason is to access the 3DS's actual hardware for homebrew purposes. I have looked around on the forums for information, but it all seems very messy. What can I use to figure out the 3DS? What kind of experience do I need? Do I need coding? Can this page help me? http://en.wikipedia....ki/Nintendo_3DS ? It lists the systems information to an extent. I just need help getting started. How do I go about hacking anything? All I ask for is help. If I offended or posted in the wrong area, then so be it. Sorry, or sorrow is not in my array of emotion and is no place in my heart. I am ready to accept any mistakes I have made. So, if anyone could be so kind as to direct me around, please do so.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Seems you have no idea what you're doing at all, so start here http://gbatemp.net/t...ng-information/ and work your way up.

Thanks for the direction. And no, I do not. But I aim to learn. This is a hacking board currently.
I think you have the wrong idea. Most of us don't "hack" anything, we just teach noobs how to do things using tools given to us by the real teams. We don't (usually) make the hacks, we just show people how to use them.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sound pretty sincere, yet inexperienced.
I wish you luck. You'll definitely need to do your homework. It'll take a long time before you come up with anything better than the fodder that's in the 3ds hacking theories thread. If you succeed though, your e-peen will be OVER 9000!

Reactions: 1 person

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey supr, do you think it'll take YEARS? I can't remember what you said. ;)
Don't discourage the poor guy too much. We never know who will first crack it. I can guarantee it won't be me though. It's way beyond my capability.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hey supr, do you think it'll take YEARS? I can't remember what you said. ;)
Don't discourage the poor guy too much. We never know who will first crack it. I can guarantee it won't be me though. It's way beyond my capability.
I said it'll be YEEEEEAAAARRRRRSSSS. Lol.

I don't mean to discourage him, but I know people like him who thinks he can learn programming in a month and then hack anything he wants in a week. The people who do these types of things have a ton of experience and they generally do it for fun.

RukaRoaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again for the link. This is exactly what I was looking for; a start. I am young, so it is best if I start now. I accept the possibility of the electronics field as a future profession. This should give me some experience with computers and the system works.

And yes, it could take years for the 3DS to be hacked. Or, it may never. But, it is not certain. As I have grown over the years, I have noticed adults around me will say "I don't know" to a question instead of speculating or giving their opinion. My point is, life is random and we cannot be certain what is ahead of us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo