Gaming Mercury Meltdown problems

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a Japanese modded Wii with HBC and a WODE, as well as a U.S. Region EmuNAND.

I can't for the life of me get Mercury Meltdown to run. I've tried multiple dumps, I've tried the WODE, Wiiflow, CFG, GX, and I've tried on the EmuNAND. I'm out of ideas.

Is there some trick with this game that I don't know about?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Works fine here.
I'll post settings later.
FYI I am using the latest beta USB loader GX.

edit: no special settings.

MAKE SURE YOUR ARE USING COMPONENT CABLES NOT THE STANDARD AV COMPOSITE.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i played this game a couple months ago, and it worked but since i didnt liked this version compared to the psp one, i gave up after a few levels

btw i use either wiiflow or cfg usb loader, but at that time probably used wiiflow

make sure the copy you got is good and you got updates softmods...

i am using the standard composite cables (yellow plug)

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I do have component cables, although I don't see why that would make a difference.

Hmm. Is the problem my Japanese Wii?

It could be the dump. I've gotten it from three different sources, although I suppose they could all be from the same original dump. But unless you all dumped it yourselves, I have to assume at least one of you obtained it where I did. There are only so many places to get it.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the disc (I don't download games.) It works fine for me on my NTSC US Wii. Perhaps it just doesn't work properly out-of-region?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have component cables, although I don't see why that would make a difference.

It could be the dump. I've gotten it from three different sources, although I suppose they could all be from the same original dump. But unless you all dumped it yourselves, I have to assume at least one of you obtained it where I did. There are only so many places to get it.
Try forcing the game language to English, I'm pretty sure that this is your problem

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

In the case your tv is'nt compatible with either ntsc or Pal depending your region, you can force video output to use 480P. This however only works using component cables.
480p is the same for both regions, fyi.

Also if you are using the NTSC version of the game, force it's language to english.

I had to force the NTSC dump of the game to NTSC output, whilst I am in the PAL region.
Since I use component on my lcd @ 480p I have no problems.

If you would use the standard leads 480i you would have black screen or black white colors.
This all has to do with the combination of your region Wii and region game + used TV and cables.

Most games fortunately can be forced to using a different video output.
This video information comes directly from the Wii disc and not the Wii itself.
For instance the PAL version of Madworld cannot be forced to PAL 480p since it;s not on the original disc. Pikmin 2 had problems vice versa, so had scarface and a few others.

I am 100% sure mercury meltdown is NOT one of those problem games how ever.

Last edited by Hielkenator,

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In the case your tv is'nt compatible with either ntsc or Pal depending your region, you can force video output to use 480P. This however only works using component cables.
480p is the same for both regions, fyi.

Also if you are using the NTSC version of the game, force it's language to english.

I had to force the NTSC dump of the game to NTSC output, whilst I am in the PAL region.
Since I use component on my lcd @ 480p I have no problems.

If you would use the standard leads 480i you would have black screen or black white colors.
This all has to do with the combination of your region Wii and region game + used TV and cables.

Most games fortunately can be forced to using a different video output.
This video information comes directly from the Wii disc and not the Wii itself.
For instance the PAL version of Madworld cannot be forced to PAL 480p since it;s not on the original disc. Pikmin 2 had problems vice versa, so had scarface and a few others.

I am 100% sure mercury meltdown is NOT one of those problem games how ever.

Well, I tried setting it to NTSC and English, and still no dice.

I'm assuming the problem is the Japanese Wii. I can't think of what else it could be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it