• Views 8,332,849
  • Replies 3,952
  • Likes 278

pjc123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very interested in this software once the current devastating BIOS destroying bug in Ubuntu 17.10 has been fixed and integrated into the MediCat OS. The bug is so bad that Ubuntu is no longer letting people download their software until it is fixed. And yes, I fix these Lenovo laptops on occasion. Unfortunately the forum will not let me post a link to the issue, so just use Google search.

t2171260

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, can you please keep the old hashes in "hashes.txt" ? I don't want to go around downloading random torrents when I have no way of verifying its integrity. Specifically, the torrent linked on this thread recently is just a single patch behind the current version yet there is no way to verify it. It would help a lot to have old hashes listed. Thanks.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, can you please keep the old hashes in "hashes.txt" ? I don't want to go around downloading random torrents when I have no way of verifying its integrity. Specifically, the torrent linked on this thread recently is just a single patch behind the current version yet there is no way to verify it. It would help a lot to have old hashes listed. Thanks.
I apologize for that, I can add the old hashes back.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hashes.txt updated with the old hashes too. Thanks @t2171260

Reactions: t2171260

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
would you mind putting the project in mega again like you used to? my internet is not good enough for 11gb and google sync client is cancer (it restarts, all the time...) much thanks

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
anyone with a good internet mind rehosting the latest medicat on mega.nz for me?
My computer is at home, uploading it to Mega. I just have garbage speeds, so it's taking an entire day to do.

Reactions: MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
My computer is at home, uploading it to Mega. I just have garbage speeds, so it's taking an entire day to do.
thank you. i have seen this reset to 0% like 50 times.
upload_2018-1-2_14-42-43.png

while mega will download for days, weeks, even months without stop.

Nothing2Do

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry to ask it, but how do I install it with linux ? I've search on the net ("medicat install linux" on google) and found nothing. currenntly, I do : "dd if=medicat.iso of=/dev/sdc" but it didn't boot.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to ask it, but how do I install it with linux ? I've search on the net ("medicat install linux" on google) and found nothing. currenntly, I do : "dd if=medicat.iso of=/dev/sdc" but it didn't boot.
I believe Rufus works just fine in WINE, you might just need to point it to the USB drive manually.

Nothing2Do

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I believe Rufus works just fine in WINE, you might just need to point it to the USB drive manually.
no, nothing to choose from any list. I run "sudo wine rufus-2.18.exe". but I can wait for your answer,
by now, I've used my friends computer but it's a shitty solution

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I love Linux, but I wouldn't know what to use as a Rufus equivalent. It has a much slimmer selection of ISO-TO-USB tools. (I'm sort of surprised you don't dual-boot.) I suppose you could always do it from a VirtualBox Windows 7 machine within your Linux OS. It's a bit lengthy, but pre-installed Windows 7 VHDs exist on torrent sites. That should save a bit of time with the setup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1