Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello Jayro.
Mini Windows 10 doesn't work in medicat 17.10 (full version). When i try to open it, a Grub command line appears...
If you boot into UEFI mode, it will jump right to Mini Windows 10 by default. But I'll take a look later tonight. (I'm always at work when these issues arise it seems)

Some UBCD tools doesn't work in Boot Management subcategory. Error : "linux.c32: not a COM32R image"

Thx =)

This could be from a boot path in the UBCD folder I probably just overlooked. I'll try to edit and fix it. I'm thinking it's loading the one from the root of MediCat, rather than the root of the UBCD folder.

Reactions: Azertix

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the broken boot paths in the ubcd folder.
Fixed the Shutdown and Reboot commands that weren't always working on the Main Menu. (Apparently they were missing the / switch before the command, and adding it seemed to fix them.)
Modified the bootsplash art.

I'm uploading the new v17.10.01 ISO images now, should be done uploading in about 6 hours or so.

Azertix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you boot into UEFI mode, it will jump right to Mini Windows 10 by default. But I'll take a look later tonight. (I'm always at work when these issues arise it seems)
Ok, so if i boot in BIOS, il will see all menu options but in UEFI not ?
But for example, if i need to boot on Lubuntu in UEFI, it's impossible ?
Fixed the broken boot paths in the ubcd folder.
Fixed the Shutdown and Reboot commands that weren't always working on the Main Menu. (Apparently they were missing the / switch before the command, and adding it seemed to fix them.)
Modified the bootsplash art.
I'm uploading the new v17.10.01 ISO images now, should be done uploading in about 6 hours or so.
:-D thanks !!

Last edited by Azertix,

Azertix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello again. So, I tried to change language in MiniWin10 using the flag in the taskbar/Alt + Shift, but only English was available, and the control panel section was disabled. I think it's not very important, but I just report the problem. Also, when I booted in UEFI (My BIOS allows can boot in UEFI mode or not), Medicat directly shows me MinWin10. Anyway, thanks again for this tool which becomes better at each update.
The shortcut is Ctrl+Tab, but it don't work by default : the language stays in American.
You have to go to options for change input settings and the you will have the good keyboard.

Jayro : is it possible to make language switch easier ?
Thanks for your work !

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi again, i just tested Medicat 17.10 on my bootable HD case (Zalman ZM-VE500).
On Mini Win10, when desktop appears, i have the following error :

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    142 KB · Views: 502
Last edited by Azertix,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The shortcut is Ctrl+Tab, but it don't work by default : the language stays in American.
You have to go to options for change input settings and the you will have the good keyboard.

Jayro : is it possible to make language switch easier ?
Thanks for your work !
I will try, but I've never had experience in it, so it will be trial and error.

Hi again, i just tested Medicat 17.10 on my bootable HD case (Zalman ZM-VE500).
On Mini Win10, when desktop appears, i have the following error :
I've never seen that error before. can you launch it Start.exe from the root of the USB on a Windows machine, and see if there's an update?

Reactions: Azertix

madbomb122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayro, i tried to do a little editing of your winpe image (to change the startmenu color and a few other visual changes that i prefer), but i keep running into a problem..
whenever i try to boot the changed image (even if the only change i did was mount it then unmount with a commit) the winpe image fails to boot saying "failed to load because a required file is missing or contains errors"

i have tried editing it in your winpe (on a copy of the wim file), from creator's update, from fall's creator update, tried using ntlite, even tried another computer.. all were using the latest dism version

any ideas what might be happening? (ps it does loads fine w/o touching it, and the hash of the iso matches)

thanks

PS any chance you can upload just the changed files from medicat.17.10.stable to medicat.17.10.01.stable (since it probably is just a cfg file or 2)

Last edited by madbomb122,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
jayro, i tried to do a little editing of your winpe image (to change the startmenu color and a few other visual changes that i prefer), but i keep running into a problem..
whenever i try to boot the changed image (even if the only change i did was mount it then unmount with a commit) the winpe image fails to boot saying "failed to load because a required file is missing or contains errors"

i have tried editing it in your winpe (on a copy of the wim file), from creator's update, from fall's creator update, tried using ntlite, even tried another computer.. all were using the latest dism version

any ideas what might be happening? (ps it does loads fine w/o touching it, and the hash of the iso matches)

thanks

PS any chance you can upload just the changed files from medicat.17.10.stable to medicat.17.10.01.stable (since it probably is just a cfg file or 2)
I was using EasyDISM and 7zip to edit the boot.wim

And yeah, I could upload the changed files when I get home. (I can't do it from my phone here at work)

madbomb122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using EasyDISM and 7zip to edit the boot.wim

And yeah, I could upload the changed files when I get home. (I can't do it from my phone here at work)

i tried using EasyDISM and 7zip cant make changes to wim files, it opens it as read only (unless i'm missing something)

and thanks for willing to upload the changed file

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
i tried using EasyDISM and 7zip cant make changes to wim files, it opens it as read only (unless i'm missing something)

7zip is finicky, half the time it says they are read only, and sometimes it works fine.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

Here are the files you need HERE. Instructions are also included for those that need them, but you just extract the zip file to the root of the USB, overwriting the existing files.

Dn447

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Jayro

Just installed medicat on my multiboot usb and i love it :) Nice work!

I seem to have one little issue tho , i used YUMI and follow your instruction that i saw somewhere on the forum to use Windows PE , but i seem to be booting directly into the mini windows 10 instead of the Medicat menu (i am not in UEFI)

Any idea why?

Dave

Azertix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey Jayro

Just installed medicat on my multiboot usb and i love it :) Nice work!

I seem to have one little issue tho , i used YUMI and follow your instruction that i saw somewhere on the forum to use Windows PE , but i seem to be booting directly into the mini windows 10 instead of the Medicat menu (i am not in UEFI)

Any idea why?

Dave
Hi. Same issue with Rufus (Medicat 17.10.01) :(

alain25

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey Jayro,

Thank you very much for medicat.

Is it possible to add os mini from Windows 7, Windows Xp.

I see that main_menu.cfg i can to add.

How do you do ?

Thank

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey Jayro,

Thank you very much for medicat.

Is it possible to add os mini from Windows 7, Windows Xp.

I see that main_menu.cfg i can to add.

How do you do ?

Thank

You can add MiniXP and MiniWin7 by these commands:

Code:
label MiniXP
menu label Mini Windows XP ==>
      kernel /boot/grub.exe
      APPEND --config-file="find --set-root   --ignore-floppies /ISO/MiniWinXP.iso ; map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /ISO/MiniWinXP.iso (hd32); map --hook; chainloader (hd32)
text help
                        Boot into Mini Windows XP.
endtext

and

Code:
label MiniWin7
menu label Mini Windows 7 ==>
      kernel /boot/grub.exe
      APPEND --config-file="find --set-root   --ignore-floppies /ISO/MiniWin7iso ; map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /ISO/MiniWin7.iso (hd32); map --hook; chainloader (hd32)
text help
                        Boot into Mini Windows 7.
endtext

Just don't forget to add the MiniWinXP.iso and MiniWin7.iso ISO images in the ISO folder.

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: alain25

alain25

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can add MiniXP and MiniWin7 by these commands:

Code:
label MiniXP
menu label Mini Windows XP ==>
      kernel /boot/grub.exe
      APPEND --config-file="find --set-root   --ignore-floppies /ISO/MiniWinXP.iso ; map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /ISO/MiniWinXP.iso (hd32); map --hook; chainloader (hd32)
text help
                        Boot into Mini Windows XP.
endtext

and

Code:
label MiniWin7
menu label Mini Windows 7 ==>
      kernel /boot/grub.exe
      APPEND --config-file="find --set-root   --ignore-floppies /ISO/MiniWin7iso ; map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /ISO/MiniWin7.iso (hd32); map --hook; chainloader (hd32)
text help
                        Boot into Mini Windows 7.
endtext

Just don't forget to add the MiniWinXP.iso and MiniWin7.iso ISO images in the ISO folder.

Hey Jayro,

Thank you very much answer speed. Excuse me for my english.

The code is changed in the file main_menu.cfg ? Exactely ?

Thank

Alain

Last edited by alain25,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey Jayro,

Thank you very much answer speed. Excuse me for my english.

The code is changed in the file main_menu.cfg ? Exactely ?

Thank

Alain
Yes, you can paste this into the main_menu.cfg if you would like to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning