• Views 8,287,278
  • Replies 3,948
  • Likes 278

Phoen1x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally made a torrent, and have been seeding it for a day and a half, with a garbage upload speed of 1.5 Megabytes per second. Hopefully it's seeding properly.

View attachment 88508
Jayro, where is the link to the torrent? It's not in the first post, anywhere on the linked Google Drive, or in your post announcing the torrent.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Jayro, where is the link to the torrent? It's not in the first post, anywhere on the linked Google Drive, or in your post announcing the torrent.
Check the Google drive again, it's in the medicat DVD folder. I just checked, it's in there.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It's inside the MediCat DVD folder, on both Google Drive and Mega.

cputester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello all,

first of all: very good work Jayro that you are still supporting and improving this!

Haven't been here for a while so I had the previous release. I read the last pages and downloaded the new release from Google Drive. But I can't manage to make it work on my USB Drive that I had the previous... My laptop supports both UEFI and Legacy BIOS but I have it configured in Legacy.

Used Rufus:
1)both NTFS & FAT32 and I am getting the "not a com32R image" at the boot.
2)Moreover, during the creating of the USB drive I am also getting the error for menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32 but I haven't updated since I saw that it is causing issues
3)I used option for "MBR partitiion scheme for BIOS or UEFI" which is the proposed on and what I want but the same errors. I used "MBR partitiion scheme for UEFI" and then I was getting the "The file system currently selected can not be used with this type of ISO, please select a diffrent file fsystme or use a diffrent ISO." error.
Used Yumi:
1)I tried it with Yumi to see if I can overcome the problem and there it booted (after some stupid menus from Yumi). But it booted to Win10 mini and not Medicat.

Any suggestions? I am dying to check the new release!!!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

first of all: very good work Jayro that you are still supporting and improving this!

Haven't been here for a while so I had the previous release. I read the last pages and downloaded the new release from Google Drive. But I can't manage to make it work on my USB Drive that I had the previous... My laptop supports both UEFI and Legacy BIOS but I have it configured in Legacy.

Used Rufus:
2)Moreover, during the creating of the USB drive I am also getting the error for menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32 but I haven't updated since I saw that it is causing issues
3)I used option for "MBR partitiion scheme for BIOS or UEFI" which is the proposed on and what I want but the same errors. I used "MBR partitiion scheme for UEFI" and then I was getting the "The file system currently selected can not be used with this type of ISO, please select a diffrent file fsystme or use a diffrent ISO." error.
Used Yumi:
1)I tried it with Yumi to see if I can overcome the problem and there it booted (after some stupid menus from Yumi). But it booted to Win10 mini and not Medicat.

Keep the ISO you downloaded in the Downloads folder, and then open the torrent, and it should correct what's corrupted in the ISO you got from Google Drive. That might fix your problems. The torrent is the only version of the main DVD that didn't get corrupted I think. I'll be sticking to torrents from here on out.

gemidi

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello all,

Used Rufus:
Used Yumi:

(sorry for my awfull english)
Same problem for me... But i test thee .iso file in VirtualBox and boots normally... So, my .iso is not corrupted... Any solution?? Thank you

cputester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Keep the ISO you downloaded in the Downloads folder, and then open the torrent, and it should correct what's corrupted in the ISO you got from Google Drive. That might fix your problems. The torrent is the only version of the main DVD that didn't get corrupted I think. I'll be sticking to torrents from here on out.
Hello Jayro and thanks for your help.

The iso didn't seem corrupted that's why I didn't tried the torrent trik I read. It took also 3-4 minutes for me to probably correct it, HOWEVER it didn't work. My errors are the same either with different Filesystems or BIOS/UEFI selections. I even tried another USB drive and to another PC. Even the menu errors (which I ignored) during the Rufus writing of the ISO to the USB were the same.

Any other idea?

cputester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I continued my efforts and rewrite the ISO to the usb by allowing it to replace the 2 out dated menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32. That made it work!
It booted correctly and the only thing it didn't work was the "Continue booting the PC" menu.

So, shouldn't it be correct in the ISO to not cause these issues? I am attaching the new ones if you want to compare them with the ones included in the ISO and find out what's the problem...

Thanks again!

Attachments

• changed.zip
    112 KB · Views: 345
Reactions: gemidi and Jayro

gemidi

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I continued my efforts and rewrite the ISO to the usb by allowing it to replace the 2 out dated menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32. That made it work!
It booted correctly and the only thing it didn't work was the "Continue booting the PC" menu.

So, shouldn't it be correct in the ISO to not cause these issues? I am attaching the new ones if you want to compare them with the ones included in the ISO and find out what's the problem...

Thanks again!
Now... Works great!!!!!!!!!!! Thank u'!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

Thanks again!
Yes, thank you for your find, I have merged the files into the main ISO. Do I have to create a new torrent file now, or will it be okay as-is?

cputester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I downloaded the new torrent and tried and it isn't correcting the ISO. It's re-dowloading from scratch.

So you just replaced the files I provided into the ISO or you did something else also? I am just asking in order to see if I have to download again the new ISO...

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the new torrent and tried and it isn't correcting the ISO. It's re-dowloading from scratch.

So you just replaced the files I provided into the ISO or you did something else also? I am just asking in order to see if I have to download again the new ISO...
I just replaced the two files and saved the ISO over the old one.

Da3m0n

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I just have a quick test.

The mini win10 seems to work well (but chrome didn't work?).
The portableapps package is very interesting.
However, when I tried to boot on Comodo, I got a bunch of error on a green screen. Do you think it is caused by comodo iso?

I also would like to replace Lubuntu by an other Linux distribution. What's the proper way to do this?

Thanks for your work, this kind of tools was what I was looking for.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just have a quick test.

The mini win10 seems to work well (but chrome didn't work?).
The portableapps package is very interesting.
However, when I tried to boot on Comodo, I got a bunch of error on a green screen. Do you think it is caused by comodo iso?

I also would like to replace Lubuntu by an other Linux distribution. What's the proper way to do this?

Thanks for your work, this kind of tools was what I was looking for.
Just drop the Linux ISO inside the ISO folder, and then edit linux.cfg with notepad, replacing Lubuntu entries with whatever else you have.

gemidi

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Thanks again!

Medicat boots great now!... But when i boot "Mini Windows 10" the screen shows black & "explorer.exe" never runs... :-(

Da3m0n

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, today I had more free time, so I tested my USB stick with Medicat.
I had few bugs. I already checked, the iso is not corrupted (correct hash)
So the bugs I found are :
- reboot.c32 : not a COM32R image
- poweroff.c32 : not a COM32R image
- chain.c32 : not a COM32R image
- Kon boot : boot fine but then reboot on medicat, not on hard drive (I don't know if it due to "Dummy bios detected...")
- Comodo : When loading, it freezes on a green screen with the error "AE_NOT_FOUND"

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Da3m0n,

MrZeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Yes, thank you for your find, I have merged the files into the main ISO. Do I have to create a new torrent file now, or will it be okay as-is?

If you do that the ISO hash change and this forces to download the full ISO again.

What I found more confusing is the change without changing the ISO name to clearly states it's a new one!

Mindhral

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, first of all thanks for all the work, it's pretty impressive, and very helpful.

It seems that the files you replaced before on the suggestion of Rufus (menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32) were actually changed from their Syslinux 6.03 version to their Syslinux 4.07 version.
Following that constatation, I tried to replace the other .c32 files by their Syslinux 4.07 and it corrected some things which didn't work before (rebooting or continuing booting the PC).
But I still had some errors during the boot. It did confirm though that the syslinux installed was a 4.07, while the modules were in 6.03.

Then even better, I asked Rufus to create a blank Syslinux 6.03 on my flashdrive (you need to activate advanced features for it to be available in the list), then :
- extracted the files from the .iso (using 7zip)
- added the syslinux.cfg I had kept from a precedent try (7zip doesn't find it in the archive, for some reason I don't understand since I don't know much about ISO files)
- replaced menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32 with their 6.03 version
(I actually added these 3 files before the iso extraction, but I don't think it matters)

And it seems to work perfectly, without error messages, except for the poweroff (it's possible that it's not supposed to work on my computer anyway).
I didn't check all the functionalities (far from it, given their number), and I don't understand every issue involved, but I thought I would share about my experiments so that others can test it too and in case it should help to find a better solution.

For those who want to try, I'm attaching the files I added/replaced (menu.c32, vesamenu.c32, syslinux.cfg)

Attachments

• syslinux files.zip
    112.2 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by Mindhral,

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, first of all thanks for all the work, it's pretty impressive, and very helpful.

It seems that the files you replaced before on the suggestion of Rufus (menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32) were actually changed from their Syslinux 6.03 version to their Syslinux 4.07 version.
Following that constatation, I tried to replace the other .c32 files by their Syslinux 4.07 and it corrected some things which didn't work before (rebooting or continuing booting the PC).
But I still had some errors during the boot. It did confirm though that the syslinux installed was a 4.07, while the modules were in 6.03.

Then even better, I asked Rufus to create a blank Syslinux 6.03 on my flashdrive (you need to activate advanced features for it to be available in the list), then :
- extracted the files from the .iso (using 7zip)
- added the syslinux.cfg I had kept from a precedent try (7zip doesn't find it in the archive, for some reason I don't understand since I don't know much about ISO files)
- replaced menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32 with their 6.03 version
(I actually added these 3 files before the iso extraction, but I don't think it matters)

And it seems to work perfectly, without error messages, except for the poweroff (it's possible that it's not supposed to work on my computer anyway).
I didn't check all the functionalities (far from it, given their number), and I don't understand every issue involved, but I thought I would share about my experiments so that others can test it too and in case it should help to find a better solution.

For those who want to try, I'm attaching the files I added/replaced (menu.c32, vesamenu.c32, syslinux.cfg)
Thank you, I have a love hate relationship with simple solutions lol.

EntranceJew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chiming in that the gdrive for medicat.17.04.01.stable.iso doesn't match the hash from the web download, I get:
Code:
Name:    medicat.17.04.01.stable.iso
Date:    6/28/2017
Size:    10 GB (2,419,200,000 bytes)
--------
SHA-1:    aadcc8cb7842015770c59e16a98c86b4409fc957
MD5:    d1498c35da23fd35b85db1842cd4ff42
CRC32:    ea25e318

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended