• Views 8,317,338
  • Replies 3,951
  • Likes 278

KyonV2

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, if you hit TAB while "Mini Windows 10" is highlighted, you have to change the word "boot" into "BOOT", and it should work. A small oversight on my part, and will be fixed in the April release since my upload speeds are abysmal.

I tried hitting TAB but it was already "BOOT", I tried changing it to "boot" but it wouldn't work.

Alex311360

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
alex311360.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
it seems that booting on a USB for me will cause the hard drive to be remapped? booting from kon-boot will prevent me from booting back to my hard drive, and choosing the first option will instead opt to boot to the USB drive. again.

using the hard drive partition boot menu is rather annoying because if i choose the wrong one i have to shut down the PC and start all over again.

i am unaware if this occurs with any other programs or options, but it's something i thought i'd mention. how do you fix this?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
it seems that booting on a USB for me will cause the hard drive to be remapped? booting from kon-boot will prevent me from booting back to my hard drive, and choosing the first option will instead opt to boot to the USB drive. again.

using the hard drive partition boot menu is rather annoying because if i choose the wrong one i have to shut down the PC and start all over again.

i am unaware if this occurs with any other programs or options, but it's something i thought i'd mention. how do you fix this?
I don't know if its fixable or not. I just thought I'd include the option to choose the partition and disk you want to boot from.

royallyfedup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gave up trying to get Win10PESE_x64.iso to boot of a USB flash drive. Used Rufus 2.12 and NTFS to create a flash drive. Booted off flash drive and it throws an error about Not a valid Index and made references to Easeus. Checksums matched those on the Google Drive file.

KyonV2

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Gave up trying to get Win10PESE_x64.iso to boot of a USB flash drive. Used Rufus 2.12 and NTFS to create a flash drive. Booted off flash drive and it throws an error about Not a valid Index and made references to Easeus. Checksums matched those on the Google Drive file.

Same here, checksums are all matching with the ones on the google drive but while booting it gives the same errors as above. Any fixes for that?

bamlol

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello!
I have the following Problem:

Whenever I boot from the Medicat Stick I made, on the Windows 10 Desktop I receive the following errorlog:

Code:
CdUSB.Y or ISO NOT found !
Win10PESE can not mount and access files of your CD/DVD, USB, ISO on drive Y:

Possible Reason and Solutions :
1) You are not using .iso boot (You are using RealCD/DVD, BCD BOOTMGR, grub4dos BOOTMGR, etc.).
---> Check that the flag file CdUsb.Y is at the root of your media.
---> Your drive remained to the state "Not Ready" (More than 30 seconds) for a hardware reason.
---> Your drive is not recognised (driver missing or whatever, check if you can see your CD or Usb drive letter on explorer).

2) You are using .iso boot (grub4dos, isolinux, etc.) but you changed the build .iso name or path of your iso (ex: Win10PE_x86.iso, \Images\Win10PE_x64.ISO).

* If you use all from ram (all inside .wim) ignore this warning ;).
+ If you need files in your .iso to access, read following.

A) This feature requires imdisk, else will not work.
---> Be sure you have imdisk on your Win10PESE (Enable at Win10PESE\Tweaks).

B) Change your .iso name to the build .iso name (ex: Win10PE_x86.iso ) and put it to the correct path of your bootdrive.
---> Look for the default build configuration in the internal ini file (X:\Windows\System32\MountPEmedia.ini section IsoInfo/IsoName).
---> Rebuild by giving your personal Iso file name\Subfolder in the script Finals\Create ISO.

C) Use Win10PESE.ini to specify your personal .iso file name and location (solution for without rebuilding your project with your custom .isoname/subfolder settings).

2b) You are using .iso boot (grub4dos, isolinux, etc.) but .iso file to mount not accessible.
(= you can not see your Win10PESE iso file with explorer).
---> Driver missing -> add driver for your disk.
---> Some windows settings or software which disables mounting drives at boot -> disable such setting/software.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MountPEmedia.exe : Mount files of your CD/DVD, USB, ISO on drive Y:

Ini File (MountPEmedia.ini) :
  [Settings]
  ProjectName=Win10PESE
  MountDrive=Y:
  SearchFlagFile=Yes
  FlagFileName=CdUSB.Y
  SearchExternalIniFile=Yes
  ExternalIniFileName=Win10PESE.ini
  DesktopWarningLabel=Win10PESE Warning

[IsoInfo]
  IsoName=Win10PESE_x64.ISO

Program Imdisk found in : X:\windows\system32

As for what I researched, this means that the partition with the portable apps cant be mounted. Disconnecting an reconnecting the stick while Mini10 is running mounts the Y partition again, but thats not a real solution for me.

Thx for your help!

frenchbeard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Jayro (and all),

First off, thanks for the tool, always great to have close by and up-to-date.

Reading part of the thread, and seeing a lot of questions about customization of different parts, or even functionnalitiy issues, I was wondering if you ever thought about opening the code, either on a platform like github or by providing a readonly repo on some other server. That would allow everyone to add their own little tweak to it, at least on their own, or even contribute to the official version if the modifications don't break anything and bring something relevant to the table.

I think everyone could benefit from it, so I'm putting it out there.

LUPS

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,
I had the same problem, and I have modified the ISO with UltraISO and deleted the folder "EASEUS Partition Master 11.8 Technican Edition Portable"; then have saved the new ISO and used RUFUS 2.12 to create an installation in my USB and... it works!!!

It has worked for me in the "Win10PESE_x64.iso"... but I don't have the Easeus...

MineElectricity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow, this looks really promissing !

Unfortunately I'm trying since 4 hours to put it on my 16 gb 3.0 usb drive with etcher(a linux rufus) on Antergos, but when trying to boot it I get a message saying that my drive is not bootable, I would like to put it on my stick throught yumi but I can't install it with arch :/ (I tried wine :x) and easy2boot is too difficult on linux :/

In Gparted it's really weird .. I've never seen a stick like that...

btw: I extracted the 6.7zip files with the command "$ cat /mnt/steam/aranger/medicat/medicat.16.10.stable.7z.00* > /mnt/steam/aranger/medicat/medicat.16.10.zip" And I did not found an updated md5sum of your files :/

Thanks ;3

Edit: With "multibootusb" I finally got to launch the iso, but when I enter in "medicat.stable" It jumps straight to lubuntu, BUT (:3) I can edit the argument to launch somehing else than [/.../ubuntu.bs], and I don't know what I can choose .. x'D

Edit: Ok I've found that I needed to edit the syslinux.cfg of multibootusb, and I've added 2 entries (see 2 last picture) but while testing with qemu I think it doesn't update. Should I email Multibootusb ?

Attachments

• Capture d'écran de 2017-03-19 21-51-47.png
    Capture d'écran de 2017-03-19 21-51-47.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 381
  • Capture du 2017-03-19 21-56-21.png
    Capture du 2017-03-19 21-56-21.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 369
  • Capture d'écran de 2017-03-20 01-49-00.png
    Capture d'écran de 2017-03-20 01-49-00.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 346
  • Capture d'écran de 2017-03-20 01-51-19.png
    Capture d'écran de 2017-03-20 01-51-19.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 414
Last edited by MineElectricity,

MineElectricity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow, this looks really promissing !

Unfortunately I'm trying since 4 hours to put it on my 16 gb 3.0 usb drive with etcher(a linux rufus) on Antergos, but when trying to boot it I get a message saying that my drive is not bootable, I would like to put it on my stick throught yumi but I can't install it with arch :/ (I tried wine :x) and easy2boot is too difficult on linux :/

In Gparted it's really weird .. I've never seen a stick like that...

btw: I extracted the 6.7zip files with the command "$ cat /mnt/steam/aranger/medicat/medicat.16.10.stable.7z.00* > /mnt/steam/aranger/medicat/medicat.16.10.zip" And I did not found an updated md5sum of your files :/

Thanks ;3

Edit: With "multibootusb" I finally got to launch the iso, but when I enter in "medicat.stable" It jumps straight to lubuntu, BUT (:3) I can edit the argument to launch somehing else than [/.../ubuntu.bs], and I don't know what I can choose .. x'D

Edit: Ok I've found that I needed to edit the syslinux.cfg of multibootusb, and I've added 2 entries (see 2 last picture) but while testing with qemu I think it doesn't update. Should I email Multibootusb ?

Ok I did it ! :3

source : http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Menu#The_advanced_menu_system

I added
"
LABEL othermenu
MENU LABEL othermenu
KERNEL vesamenu.c32
APPEND /multibootusb/medicat.16.10.stable/syslinux.cfg
"
to the main syslinux.cfg file of multibootusb !
Now my next problem is lubuntu not working, so I ned to mess with medicats' menu.cfg but I don't understand them ... [edit before posting (lel..) I did not tested correctly, so all is good, shall I make a clean "tutorial" ?] For now, good night !

kaito1412

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey! Nice tool, I really like it. I was though wondering if Clonezilla Live could be an useful addition for the next medicat dvd? It would add a really useful (and open source) software for disk cloning and imaging!
Cheers!

MineElectricity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, what I've done don't work in uefi, so I'm restarting from scratch:
1. Does Rufus"ing" your ISO make it available to uefi ? FAQ: [yes]
1.1 If I add one of my ISO (not .ptn) to the medicat menus does it work in uefi ?
1.1.1 If no does the .ptn does ?
1.2 [FAQ] What is the problem from booting into refind efi instead of csm while my system is installed in uefi ?

EDIT: for me 1. is no :/

Thanks !

Last edited by MineElectricity,

daveo76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! Nice tool, I really like it. I was though wondering if Clonezilla Live could be an useful addition for the next medicat dvd? It would add a really useful (and open source) software for disk cloning and imaging!
Cheers!
If you run Medicat DVD on USB you can uninstall and install any programs you want. I had and always worked for me.

hug

Trophies
XP
Country
France
very nice tool
if I run "TestDisk",it did only detect the USB drive with Medicat and not the HD of my computer
if I run "PhotoRec",it detects the HD and the USB......
something is wrong....!!
thanks for your help

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway maybe you could give a tutorial of adding os's to the boot selector? @Jayro i was thinking of adding kali linux to the list and a few other boot cd's

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway maybe you could give a tutorial of adding os's to the boot selector? @Jayro i was thinking of adding kali linux to the list and a few other boot cd's
Adding your own stuff to it is easy after you make the USB. Just copy and paste another menu entry (changing its label of course) and point it to your ISO. The ISO cannot have spaces in the name, and is case-sensitive.

Reactions: MarioMasta64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Why am I always late to the party?