Gaming Media apps that the Switch should have

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,177
  • Replies 14
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
It's a bit disappointing that the Switch doesn't (yet) have a YouTube and Netflix app because those would be really useful to use the Switch when not playing games on it.

warmo161

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:cough: vlc player :cough:

Im hoping like every1 else that a youtube app comes out, although other services like amazon prime and BBC iPlayer would be awsome! (iplayer on Wii U was discontinued last year)

Although, services like this are kinda useless if the console is always docked, you could go with tons of options: Smart TV, Set top box (Unless its a Virgin Tvio box) Kindle stick (Android device)

I hope nintendo adds some sort of built-in music or video player (Even if it uses some unknown video format, its still a video player!) Like from the PSP days...
But if nintendo are still kinda backwards wanting you to have another device for chat, then its very unlikely...

spiralshadow123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sling and Crunchyroll would be great.

I'd love spotify on the Switch. Yea, it doesn't make too much sense in portable mode, but it would be great when the console is docked.

For Premium users this would be fantastic, because they'd be able to integrate offline listening so you'd have all your playlists on the go. I don't really see Nintendo making it happen, but if they surprise us with this, that would be awesome.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Browser.
I love Wii U's Browser.
I need more good console browsers.
You must not been using wifi, or maybe is better than mine, cause wii u browser spits hot garbage. :glare:

The browser itself isn't bad or anything, is just so many problems, use it too long and it doesn't return to home menu, very bad if you have a game on pause, watching videos too long and then video player have problems, randomly disconnect from access point and the wifi all together stops working, a simple reboot of the console can fix but is annoying to have to do that. Trying to open links in new tabs by holding down the object on screen only works when it wanna, there is more but i guess i can save it for later.

Now if the switch had browser, since is 5GHZ AC, i could be happy about it. Also maybe having chrome cast or some kind of screen casting would be nice, if is nvidia based it should either be android compatible with chromecast or something maybe even display game on pc like how that geforce experience can use shield to play games stream from pc. Have a better video player and maybe even audio playback to listen to audio files like soundcloud or bandcamp. Or how bout normal apps like any modern tablet has, a video player that doesn't only work with specific formats, or video player that works with any format as well, how bout some media apps that put that nvidia power to the test. If anything a few ports of some android apps like xm player or Droidsound, a professional picture editing software, or even a built in video recording soft ware like playstation and xbox has or even broadcast to twitch or youtube, now that be nice. :unsure:

D

Deleted User

OP
You must not been using wifi, or maybe is better than mine, cause wii u browser spits hot garbage. :glare:

The browser itself isn't bad or anything, is just so many problems, use it too long and it doesn't return to home menu, very bad if you have a game on pause, watching videos too long and then video player have problems, randomly disconnect from access point and the wifi all together stops working, a simple reboot of the console can fix but is annoying to have to do that. Trying to open links in new tabs by holding down the object on screen only works when it wanna, there is more but i guess i can save it for later.

Now if the switch had browser, since is 5GHZ AC, i could be happy about it. Also maybe having chrome cast or some kind of screen casting would be nice, if is nvidia based it should either be android compatible with chromecast or something maybe even display game on pc like how that geforce experience can use shield to play games stream from pc. Have a better video player and maybe even audio playback to listen to audio files like soundcloud or bandcamp. Or how bout normal apps like any modern tablet has, a video player that doesn't only work with specific formats, or video player that works with any format as well, how bout some media apps that put that nvidia power to the test. If anything a few ports of some android apps like xm player or Droidsound, a professional picture editing software, or even a built in video recording soft ware like playstation and xbox has or even broadcast to twitch or youtube, now that be nice. :unsure:
I'm using Wii U to forum on gbatemp, watch movies and listen to music.
Those disconnecting problems faded away after having very strong signal so eh, i guess.

Reactions: Garblant

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vudu. Yes i am guilty of having a tiny digital movie collection. Friends, family and some others i know were tossing their vudu codes away. Now they give them to me instead. Now i have a tiny but growing digital movie collection. It is also the only way to get, are you afraid of the dark?, at a reasonable price. Just got the 10 volumes available at 40 bucks altogether instead of buying them at 15 to 30 each else where

Last edited by chartube12,

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Plex
because my friend hosts a plex server behind a 100/100mb connection with 6Tb of Anime, Game Center CX and other assortment of fun stuff.

Last edited by Sumea,
D

Deleted User

OP
imo, even if we had to wait until homebrew, a Discord app that allows you to play games and overlay on console voice/text chat would make by the system 3 times over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.