Hardware Mayflash MAGIC-NS Wireless Controller Adapter for NINTENDO SWITCH & PC

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is still unclear what the purple mode actually does as the red mode is used for the switch. If you use lsusb on linux, red shows as Hori Ltd. and Purple shows as Nintendo...
The purple mode seems to be functionally identical to the red mode except for one addition: the adapter now supports rumble. It seems that the red mode emulates the hori wired controller, while the purple emulates a pro controller.

Reactions: cearp

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated, will test in a second.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can confirm this is the case. Before using this mode, make sure to go to settings on the switch and turn on switch pro wired connection.

Okay, great! is there any lag on inputs or other problems?

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reading what mayflash has on their site, the purple LED mode is NOT for use on a PC. All it does is make the controller seem like a pro controller on the switch so it can support rumble. If you are using a PC, use only the blue or green LED modes (blue preferably).

Also, if you want to use a pro controller on the PC, you don't even need this adapter. All you have to do is connect it with Bluetooth. It works perfectly with my joycons, and I believe it also applies to the pro.

Thank you for your quick reply... i do use my switch pro controller with bluetooth of my pc, but directinput mode has its limits, so i needed an "xinput solution", instead of using x360ce every time. well, let's see future updates from mayflash.

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't feel any after a couple of versus rounds in ARMS. I was played with a wired controller however, I don't know how bluetooth will be.

Things I have noticed using my xbox one s controller over bluetooth on purple:

Puyo Puyo Tetris doesn't work. You can get to the menu, but nothing more. Inputs do not work

Pokken tournament DX Demo. Vibration feature won't stop. It will not stop vibrating as long as you are playing it.

Also, Mario Kart 8 works, but is a little too zealous in its vibrations

No change in minecraft, but I don't think it uses vibration anyways

Minna de waiwai spelunker works perfectly fine

Bomberman has no vibration even though there should be with the joycons

Reactions: ThisIsDaAccount

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I wanna know why my standard HID Logitech adapter for my wireless keyboard won't work, especially when it works on everything else, even the Wii U.

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart 8 was a bit excessive with vibrations, as was ARMS. I don't have any other games so I can't confirm the others sadly.

Because I had contacted mayflash about it, but they replied that they could not find the problems. They were using the Japanese versions though

I wanna know why my standard HID Logitech adapter for my wireless keyboard won't work, especially when it works on everything else, even the Wii U.

I dont believe the magic-ns adapter supports enough inputs for a keyboard to work. Thats why it does not.

UsujioTarako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
-Wirelessly connect your PS4, PS3, Nintendo Switch Pro, Nintendo Switch Joy-Con, Wii U Pro, and Xbox One S Bluetooth controllers to your Nintendo Switch, PS3 or PC system.

No mention of the 360 controllers. SO CLOSE!
Chances are that it will work with 360 controller because it supports Xinput which the 360 controller uses but probably only the Wired one will work (That's going off the device itself looking like it has a USB on the back)

D

Deleted User

Chances are that it will work with 360 controller because it supports Xinput which the 360 controller uses but probably only the Wired one will work (That's going off the device itself looking like it has a USB on the back)
Lad, get Chrome, you're clearly using Internet explorer, because this was answered MONTHS ago.

macendale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried the adaptor with an X-arcade joystick? I would love to use mine on Ultra SF2, but haven´t been able to confirm it works.

drchink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've updated the adapter to the latest version, synced my wii u pro controller to the purple switch pro mode, but the controller doesnt work. i tried it with my ps4 controller and same issue. it does work on the red mode. i wanted to get the vibration. did anyone else have the same issue?

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've updated the adapter to the latest version, synced my wii u pro controller to the purple switch pro mode, but the controller doesnt work. i tried it with my ps4 controller and same issue. it does work on the red mode. i wanted to get the vibration. did anyone else have the same issue?

From what I have figured out, the purple mode is still in development. It works on my xbox one s controller, but it isn't exact. Maybe it has something to do with the HD rumble stuff. I don't believe the Wii u pro controller has a vibrate function. I could be wrong on that though. Personally I use the red mode more as all the games that support the pro controller so far seem to use the vibration more as a gimmick than anything else.

Landbasered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this be used in conjunction with other adapters to get wired Dualshock 2 or other controllers to work on the switch?
Also can it work through a sub hub?

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this be used in conjunction with other adapters to get wired Dualshock 2 or other controllers to work on the switch?
Also can it work through a sub hub?

Don't know about the sub hub, but some adapters have been confirmed to work. There's no guarantee it will work, but it's a pretty good chance it will.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr