ROM Hack Maybe 3DS ROM translate available?

D

Deleted-236924

Would this make it possible to have full text translations of games simply distributed as translation files placed on the SD card?

Then people would be able to legally purchase Japan-only games (for example), then be able to play their retail cartridge in mostly complete English, or does this only work with 3DS roms on the GW red card?

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
That's awesome.
But it seems the Chinese team is not interested at the moment in doing English translations themselves.
There's no need to annoy them so that they change their minds.
Besides, translating from JP>Chinese is easier than JP>English.
Japanese games have Chinese characters (kanji) that can be reused for Chinese translations.
However they often don't have English letters, and even if they do, the space for the translation needs to be expanded and the letters look ugly, wide and too spaced, so they'll need assembly hacking to make them look acceptable.
AND if they don't want to work at it, trying to force them/harrass them into doing atranslation for a language they're not interested in is a jerk attitude.
They are free to do what they like.

However, I hope they'll share their trick and exploit so that other people can do those English translations themselves.
Especially a trick to apply the translations to the roms themselves, or if possible, a way to unpack the 3DS rom to its internal files like with DS roms, would be extremely welcome.

I wanted to ask: Doesn't Nintendo of Taiwan localize 3DS games to Chinese? Or have they stopped?

Mr_Pichu

かわいいね!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! We went from not a chance to things are starting to look possible. It is just a matter of time till some more good homebrew dev tools start coming together.

LeomelsonBato

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow! We went from not a chance to things are starting to look possible. It is just a matter of time till some more good homebrew dev tools start coming together.

Yeah i hope they share the method.. So that someone can make a Japanese to English Translation..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: