Massive Steam Helpdesk leak, FFX/X-2, Danganronpa, and other PC ports

Steam_Icon_2014.png
In a rather sudden turn of events, Neogaf users madjoki and lashman found something very, very interesting. There was a Steam helpdesk leak, showing tons of games that are in the works to be ported to Steam.

A few of the listed titles are;
Guilty Gear Xrd (CONFIRMED RELEASE)
The Danganronpa series
Phantom Brave
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Dark Souls 3
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
Arslan: The Warrior of Legend
Steins;Gate
Ever17
Code of Princess
Bad Rats Show (For those who love gifting jokes)
Final Fantasy VI (CONFIRMED RELEASE)
Xblaze: Code Embryo (CONFIRMED RELEASE)
Ray Gigant
Zwei
Hyperdimension Neptunia U + Hyperdevotion Noire (CONFIRMED RELEASE)

and previously announced PC versions of games such as
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
The Ty the Tasmanian Tiger series
Little King's Story
Clannad: Side Stories

The full list can be seen in the source.

While this doesn't ensure that each of these games will be released, it does mean that publishers HAVE gone to the trouble of uploading their game to the Steam Database and starting the process of porting their game to the PC platform.

They are 100% accurate as to the contents of the database.

However,
- some names might not be what people think they are
- plans might change (e.g. games get cancelled, companies go bankrupt)

:arrow: SOURCE

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's mainly due to ignorance since I haven't played most of the other series on the list, but I'm really looking forward to the FFX port. I tried using a PS2 emulator and upscaling it, but I can't stand the way the text looks after doing that. I'd love to play the HD version of the game. I also can't wait for the Disgaea port, since I've only played the DS version and I know there are better versions of the music on the other ones, yet the DS has all the extra goodies like the Prinny commentary.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I really don't see how this entire thing could be any less reliable.

-who's the real source here? Don't give me this "it's valve!"-bullshit, as just about anyone could pretend things come straight from valve. Or from the NSA, for that matter.
-a "helpdesk hack"? C'mon...I work at a helpdesk, and we're usually the last to know things (it's in a way the meaning: assuming all goes according to procedures, we don't intervene).
-even assuming both of the above are true, who's to say that these aren't simply placeholders or leftovers from God knows when? The "last updated: a month ago" doesn't say much if they've hacked into a backup from years ago.
-even if it's NOT a placeholder, there is no status update of any of these games. They could be in development hell, marketing hell (who has the rights to said franchise?) or both.
-half life 3...do I really need to say more?

-Its directly from the Steam database
-Some of games were freshly announced (Neptunia games)
-We had leaks before from the database and they were legit
-If you at least checked one or two games from the list you would see that they are in the database
https://steamdb.info/app/408640/subs/
https://steamdb.info/sub/69606/

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.