Mass Effect: Andromeda launches March 21, 2017

MASSEFFECT-ANDROMEDA-2.jpg

EA and Bioware's latest entry in the Mass Effect series, Mass Effect Andromeda, has received a release date. The game will be launching March 21st in North America, and March 23rd for Europe. According to the General Manager of Bioware, Aaryn Flynn, the game is nearly complete, and "Holiday Build" was given to developers to test.

Mass Effect: Andromeda is our most ambitious Mass Effect game to date. We’re telling completely new stories, creating new characters, new planets, new species, and introducing new gameplay systems. And for the first time, we’re bringing Mass Effect to the FrostbiteTM game engine, an incredible engine that’s delivering a tremendous graphical jump from the trilogy to Mass Effect: Andromeda. To deliver on this, we’re taking all the time we can to make sure you’re getting the best possible experience.

:arrow: SOURCE

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I feel like the sales might be effected a little by releasing so close to the switch.

As long as Breath of the Wild comes out in March still and it's before the 21st? It may be a slow start.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:lol: - No I don't think sales will be affected by the Switch....... gave me a good laugh reading that though! (I think sales might be affected more by Mass Effect 3 myself!)

Really looking forward to this, despite unimpressive videos so far (and of course Mass Effect 3!) - I'm ready to be bitterly disappointed, but can't wait to play it anyway!
(and yes I'm also getting a Switch! :lol: )

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I really liked 1 and 2.

I also liked 3 but not as much because of the bullshit DLC move (Prothean) and the ending still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I'm still going to get it but I'm on gaurd, it's EA after all. I'm expecting another bullshit stunt in one form or another that would hurt an otherwise incredible game.

Reactions: Beannyo

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sure they will be affected, I will be thinking of getting both Andromeda and BotW+Switch in the same timeframe.
I would prefer not buying the Wii U version of BotW, so a Switch should be taken into consideration for that.
It is possible I get all that on release in March, but also I may postpone one of them by a couple of weeks. And it would probably be Andromeda. I will have to think about it.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i never noticed you as a moderator... you dont post often in eof dont you^^
No sir, I'm not a frequent poster in the EOF. However, this isn't the EOF either, and that comment was kind of off-topic.
(And it's not that weird you haven't noticed my moderator status before, the change is quite recent.)

On topic: I still think that the release date will affect the sales somewhat. Those who are interested in both the Switch and this game will probably go with the Switch first. New tech often trigger the feeling of "I neeeeed that".

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No sir, I'm not a frequent poster in the EOF. However, this isn't the EOF either, and that comment was kind of off-topic.
(And it's not that weird you haven't noticed my moderator status before, the change is quite recent.)

On topic: I still think that the release date will affect the sales somewhat. Those who are interested in both the Switch and this game will probably go with the Switch first. New tech often trigger the feeling of "I neeeeed that".
sorry, but yeah its going to be affected, especially since ME isnt planned to be released on switch

D

Deleted User

I have never liked the ME games. More of a Dead Space or Halo fan myself (if you can even compare the games). Doubt it's coming to the switch and it's funny people think the switch will affect this games sale.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's inevitable that Switch will affect sales, ME's launch being just four days apart from the likely launch of the system, but who knows to what extent. I was never going to buy the new ME game anyway, but that's because I hate EA and I hate Origin. At best I'll be pirating it.

Last edited by Xzi,

progaor06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I remind people who are saying,This game will flop all over net cuz not much footage.
Mass effect 3 game script leaked on 4chan years back ,Was yanked original ending and most plot was changed.
Then fans whined so they changed ending mass effect 3 as dlc later on,Technically has 3 endings and 2 game scripts. Me3

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
May I remind people who are saying,This game will flop all over net cuz not much footage.
Mass effect 3 game script leaked on 4chan years back ,Was yanked original ending and most plot was changed.
Then fans whined so they changed ending mass effect 3 as dlc later on,Technically has 3 endings and 2 game scripts. Me3
They didn't really change anything though. They gave the space-Jesus kid like three or four more lines of dialogue, when the problem was having a space-Jesus kid and the choice between three different colored endings in the game at all. Undertale did proper choice-consequence with multiple proper endings, and that's an indie game that cost like a fifth of any one ME game's new price tag.

C'est la vie. I knew Bioware was in for a decline in terms of quality after EA bought them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@