Mario-themed 'Monopoly Gamer' Announced

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Jun 30, 2017.

1. supergamer368

supergamer368 CustomTitle.txt

May 22, 2016
    United States
    A wastebasket reading my neighbor's mail
    So basically Mario Party the board game?

D34DL1N3R likes this.
  2. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Yes! And the best part of this "Mario Party" is that each player can move independently again. ;)

3. insomniac45177

insomniac45177 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2017
    United States
    i have a collection of monopoly games iv been collecting for years. my last count i think was 32. i several marvel ones but i also have the grey box nintendo theme one above. also a super mario bros nes version where each property is a level from the original game (1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2) and i have the gamestop exclusive zelda one. ill be getting this one for sure

Prans likes this.
  4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    [​IMG]

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    got mine today it's so damned cool. all the coins are plastic as the charterers are too like amiibos and the instruction book is made of vinyl. i asked about the characters expansions in store they confirmed they are random in the box BUT my store said they are just going to open the boxes and just sell them at $1 each so i asked them to put a full set away for me which i will get next week so i'll have all the characters :D

were going to try it out tonight but it pretty much is like mario party. you roll the dice and move than use the other dice to use your special abilities each unique to each characters to drop or steal coins. when coins are dropped if you pass them on the board they are yours. each time you pass go you fight a boss you roll the dice and if you get the number listed or higher you defeat the boss and keep the card. there are 8 bosses once all are defeated the game is over and whoever has most points wins. properties are worth points and so are bosses. coins are also worth points. so this really is mario party monopoly!

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Jul 8, 2017
    Prans likes this.
  6. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    This is totally dumb. Have you looked closely at it? It strips monopoly of most of its strategy. This is basically luck only now. I want a game that makes Monopoly more complicated, more skill based, less luck reliant. This version is like playing MK at 50cc, when I want something like 200cc. This is far too casual to pay for. Might play it for free sometime if given the chance.

7. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Your store is incredibly stupid. THEY COME IN A BOX WHICH THE CONTENTS OF ARE RANDOM, BUT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO OPEN THEM AND SELL THEM INDIVIDUALLY AT RETAIL PRICE OF $3.99 A PIECE!!! Do you seriously think people are supposed to just buy an entire box of them? Either the store is incredibly stupid like I said, or you're full of it. I'm starting to think the latter... as you keep pushing this "random" nonsense that isn't even true. I've already proved that point & now you're saying otherwise again - but that your store is being cool and "breaking the rules". I call bullshit.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R, Jul 19, 2017