Mario Rabbids RPG Is Real And Coming To Switch. Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle

apvrtvchfzkfy0os43y0.jpg

Mario Odyssey isn't the only Mario experience we'll be getting later this year.

Kotaku has recently leaked that the Mario and Rabbids crossover RPG is real and will be coming exclusively to the Nintendo Switch later this fall.

Although the person who sent the assets asked us not to share them, they corroborate the existence of a bizarre crossover RPG that’s currently scheduled to come to Switch in either August or September. Ubisoft is developing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle on the publisher’s proprietary Snowdrop engine, according to the assets we’ve seen. The game’s selling points appear to be a) turn-based combat, b) two-player local co-op, and c) a goofy sense of humor. (The art we’ve seen features Mario and crew wielding guns that shoot laser beams.)

The game will apparently have eight playable characters: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, and, bizarrely, four Rabbids dressed up as Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach.

________________________________​

I for one, a completely unbiased person in this matter, think this will be the greatest game of all time and that all other RPG's should be canceled so that this perfect game can take the spotlight. I'd like to point out I take full credit for the existence of this game. It was made for me.

Last edited by chavosaur,

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so glad that Ubisoft was able to come up with a set of annoying, slightly marketable characters so they could all but kill off one of the more promising platforming series available in favor of party games and effortless crossovers.

Thank you, based Ubisoft.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reserve all judgement until I see what the game actually is. Having said that, I don't hate the Rabbids, I'm not a fan of most of their games, but I remember liking their adventure game, was called Rabbids Go Home or something like that. I mean it wasn't anything amazing, but it was enjoyable from what I recall. So I dunno, in my opinion these characters crossing over with Mario alone doesn't really worry me, in fact they even look like they could come from the same world, hell I'd find it much more glaring if a Mario adventure game included Link or Samus as a player, and Nintendo obviously owns both of those characters.

Reactions: chavosaur

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another reason I'm happy i have yet to pull the trigger on buying a switch.

So glad ninty is spending precious time on things like this and not something nobody wants like a proper new metroid game, smash bros 5, basically anything the stupid fans want. I mean, fuck the fans, we got rabbids rpg!!!

Reactions: Subtle Demise

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel optimistic about this, I like how Nintendo sometimes likes change, and how they innovate new ideas in the market its great,

I have never played a lot of RPG's (I don't even know what to consider a RPG.) But if people managed to encorprate some action elements of Mario Games with Rabbids (Like Mario Sports games, Mario Platformers, and party games.) I would feel pretty at home.
I played a Rabbids party game of some sort on a PS3 system when I was younger (Around 5 - 7 forgot when.) Anyways, I thought it was halarious becuase looking back at some of the mini games in my head (I don't have the game anymore :( ) they seemed pretty halarious and creative, especially becuase the rabbids were the main focus of the game (they captured the main character Rayman or whatever and locked him up in prison (or an arena of some sort.)

If they manage to get these Rabbid characters right, that would be awesome (Hopefully Nintendo and Ubisoft could figure out how to make the game more crazy and funny than a normal RPG like paper mario or what not, without over-doing it to much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...