Mario Rabbids RPG Is Real And Coming To Switch. Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle

apvrtvchfzkfy0os43y0.jpg

Mario Odyssey isn't the only Mario experience we'll be getting later this year.

Kotaku has recently leaked that the Mario and Rabbids crossover RPG is real and will be coming exclusively to the Nintendo Switch later this fall.

Although the person who sent the assets asked us not to share them, they corroborate the existence of a bizarre crossover RPG that’s currently scheduled to come to Switch in either August or September. Ubisoft is developing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle on the publisher’s proprietary Snowdrop engine, according to the assets we’ve seen. The game’s selling points appear to be a) turn-based combat, b) two-player local co-op, and c) a goofy sense of humor. (The art we’ve seen features Mario and crew wielding guns that shoot laser beams.)

The game will apparently have eight playable characters: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, and, bizarrely, four Rabbids dressed up as Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach.

________________________________​

I for one, a completely unbiased person in this matter, think this will be the greatest game of all time and that all other RPG's should be canceled so that this perfect game can take the spotlight. I'd like to point out I take full credit for the existence of this game. It was made for me.

Last edited by chavosaur,

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What were past Rabbids games like. I've never played one and am open to giving this game a shot.
The first 3 were party games, ala mario party. People were super upset because it was originally tied into rayman, but they dropped rayman by the third title. Afterward, the rabbids went on to be a mixture of adventure and platform games, with some party games mixed in there.

Most of the games are average but people seem to think theyre responsible for the "death of rayman," even though rayman origins and legends came out a couple years after the release of the rabbids games. The games are incredibly popular with kids and are also incredibly zany and cartoonish. Their humor is usually slapstick and random which is what makes them so endearing imo.

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
every mario & luigi game has some crazy over the top story with completly different worlds, characters including time travel and different dimension. the rabbits fit in perfectly

Reactions: chavosaur

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would like to celebrate with you chavo, but the last Mario & Luigi game was.. well, not that good. And the Rabbids? Sorry, but they're like little children screaming and running all around, being loud and annoying.

I like your profile picture though. :-)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy fuck people seem more upset about the those rabbids than those minion things. Seems like they are the video game counterpart.

I enjoyed the Rayman Raving Rabbids on the Wii. An RPG about them? Clueless what to expect. Hope it's good.

Reactions: chavosaur

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone ever enticed to buy a game because Nintendo allowed another company to use their IPs? Like is this the deal maker for you?

Monster Hunter is another good example of a series borrowing the Nintendo IP.

vinipeix

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm all for a new rpg, specially one with nintendo characters
I dislike rabbids a lot, however
I'll wait a video of it or whatever to make my final judgement

I hope it turns out good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat