Gaming Mario Party 10

styckx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my Amiibo bundle in the mail today.. This game is bad.. Nothing imaginative about it.. No "story mode".. The normal Mario Party mode is about as cut and dry as you get

Select it
Pick character
Pick Board
Level starts

No grand entrance.. No attempt to add a story line or any kind of atmosphere.. Just pick a board and go
Bowser mode is boring and unimaginative also. Nearly the same concept as above except you spend most of your time watching 4 CPU players play and random mini games to keep them from advancing to you.
This might be the most boring Mario Party I've ever played... It just reaks of rushed and sticking to "just the basics"

Also.. The having to randomly switch between the Gamepad and Wiimote annoying as hell

styckx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks m8
Good to know as I was probably gonna get this game

I shit you not I hit the home button and closed the game before even completing a Bowser mode board because I was so bored with it. The regular Mario Party mode is ok, but if you played MP9.. You've played this.. The mini-games are different but the concept is nearly identical. Just with zero incentive to actually beat the levels..

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow thats disapointing.. tomorrow i'm suppose to have it.. i hope i wont be as much disappinted then how i was with smash..no story mode kinda reduce the ''hype'' of playing it more then once imo.. (. on smash i've pased more time with the stage builer and photos then the actual game ..)

Reactions: Kippykip

styckx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thats disapointing.. tomorrow i'm suppose to have it.. i hope i wont be as much disappinted then how i was with smash..no story mode kinda reduce the ''hype'' of playing it more then once imo.. (. on smash i've pased more time with the stage builer and photos then the actual game ..)

All 5 boards area available to play right off the bat. You don't have to win shit to play any of them.. Just available to play right off the bat. Zero incentive to play or beat any level.

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
I shit you not I hit the home button and closed the game before even completing a Bowser mode board because I was so bored with it. The regular Mario Party mode is ok, but if you played MP9.. You've played this.. The mini-games are different but the concept is nearly identical. Just with zero incentive to actually beat the levels..

Wow that sucks. I played MP9 and it was "ok" but wow

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
There's a lot of people who don't seem to be happy with Mario Party 10. Either for the amiibos paywall, lack of Wii U Pro Controller, being an everyone's a winner, no online play or other reasons.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My boys really wanted it so I ordered it from Amazon and it should be delivered. We are on the road this weekend.

If they know I bought it i am goi g to have to keep it, but if they don't and I can tell them it sucks I can save $100 by returning the amiibos as well. We either have some or I bought the others except for toad which typically seems unavailable.

When did MP 9 come out? I am thinking I never installed it on the Wii and maybe that would be a decent substitute?

styckx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just beat the Bowser board in 1st place. You would think, Mario game + beating Bowser in first place would get some kind of cut scene, reward etc. Nope. Ends just like any other board.. With nothing except you getting the star and a graph. So damn generic

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. May pick it for $15 six months from now used. :) over on reddit the review recap seemed to be across the board 6/10.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As much hate as MP9 gets, it was still a step-up from all the GameCube games. If it weren't for MP9, the series would still be dead from the abortion that was Mario Party 8.

I think the N64 games were the best, in particular Mario Party 2. It was refined from it's original form from #1 and it hadn't become tired and repetitive yet. I liked Mario Party 3 for adding some new characters and also giving you the ability to hold three items at once, which I don't recall being in Mario Party 1 or 2.

I think from here on in, the series should become one-per-console, like many other Nintendo IPs. Mario Party hasn't deserved 10 console games, 3 handheld games, and 3 arcade games over 17 years while other series have been cruelly neglected.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would anyone want to play this online? It's supposed to be played locally. Playing online would feel just as boring as playing with the CPU. They would still be strangers you aren't allowed to talk to.

Also, isn't Mario Party 8 considered the good one? I never played 9, installed it, never played. The car thing made no sense, never bothered to play it with just the CPU. People don't want to play video games with me that often, not going to waste my chances on Mario Party.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1