Gaming Mario Party 10 to be $49.99

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit people are trying to act like Mario Party is competitive. Like I'm arguing that online multiplayer is useless but not for "IF YOU RAGEQUIT IT RUINS EVERYTHING." It's Mario Party, why are you ragequitting?

And all this "it's Candy Land" crap? It's fucking Mario Party, it's about the most uncompetitive game. When games boil down to literally "who can press A the fastest", you know it's not a competitive game. Hell my dad does better in most Mario Party games than I do and he doesn't even play video games.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit people are trying to act like Mario Party is competitive. Like I'm arguing that online multiplayer is useless but not for "IF YOU RAGEQUIT IT RUINS EVERYTHING." It's Mario Party, why are you ragequitting?

And all this "it's Candy Land" crap? It's fucking Mario Party, it's about the most uncompetitive game. When games boil down to literally "who can press A the fastest", you know it's not a competitive game. Hell my dad does better in most Mario Party games than I do and he doesn't even play video games.
Have you played the older Mario Party's? Have you played Mario Party 9? Mario Party 9 makes Mario Party 8 look like Monopoly.

Yeah Mario Party has always been silly and random and chance time could change everything at the last second, but at least minigames made a difference. At least strategically using items and deciding to pass Boo and picking which friend to screw over and passing over a genie lamp to go for the coin star felt like it meant something. In Mario Party 9 80% of who wins is decided by who rolls high numbers in front of groups of a bunch of mini starts. It's disgusting.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you played the older Mario Party's? Have you played Mario Party 9? Mario Party 9 makes Mario Party 8 look like Monopoly.

Yeah Mario Party has always been silly and random and chance time could change everything at the last second, but at least minigames made a difference. At least strategically using items and deciding to pass Boo and picking which friend to screw over and passing over a genie lamp to go for the coin star felt like it meant something. In Mario Party 9 80% of who wins is decided by who rolls high numbers in front of groups of a bunch of mini starts. It's disgusting.

If you're doing anything "strategically" in fucking Mario Party then maybe it's time you reevaluate your life.

It's like telling people your 5 year old nephew that there's a strategy to playing Chutes and Ladders. No one gives a shit, it's fucking Chutes and Ladders.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're doing anything "strategically" in fucking Mario Party then maybe it's time you reevaluate your life.

It's like telling people your 5 year old nephew that there's a strategy to playing Chutes and Ladders. No one gives a shit, it's fucking Chutes and Ladders.

Yeah totally on the money.

People moaning and crying about Mario Party should really look to a different game to facilitate their need for competitiveness (like Smash Bros or Mario Kart).

Mario Party is a fun as fuck game, frustrating but amazing. You're not meant to be able to "master" the game.. or at least it shouldn't be like that because it would suck the fun from it. Also Board games involving dice rolls are... well mostly luck based. e.g. Snakes and Ladders.

People tearing Mario Party apart are silly as they're criticising the game for something it never really was. The only qualm I have is if I win every mini game and still lose, whats the point playing them.. but even then... Its not just about the mini games. If it was, whats the point with the board and dice rolls.

Online might've been a loss for some people but I persoanlly only see Mario Party as a local game. I can't imagine it being very fun online with people I don't know. Maybe if its with people you know, over the net.. could have been good but oh well.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I would honestly like to see is a world of nintendo games like Super Smash Bros, in the sense that games that used to be closed off to only Mario characters, can now include amiibo characters. Like how Mario Cart 8 now has Link. Mario Party should be changed to Smash Party or Nintendo Party.

loco365

Trophies
XP
So that'll be $54.99 for us Canadians then (With the packed-in Amiibo)? So around $5 to $10 less than the average game. Shit's still expensive. Now if the Canadian prices were on par with US prices, I'd be happy. I've noticed a trend recently in that USA variants of games are $5 to $10 cheaper than Canada. And it still kinda pisses me off.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Rosalina? Is that a joke? hahaha.

Good luck getting one.

I can still literally go to GameStop and buy one. Just like they had Little Mac, there was one Rosalina still available. Still not buying Rosalina because her Smash Bros. amiibo form is ridiculous. There's a good rumor going that Rosalina will get a new Super Mario amiibo form.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I can still literally go to GameStop and buy one. Just like they had Little Mac, there was one Rosalina still available. Still not buying Rosalina because her Smash Bros. amiibo form is ridiculous. There's a good rumor going that Rosalina will get a new Super Mario amiibo form.
Well, that would make sense as Rosalina is technically the daughter of Mario and Peach.

I'd buy another Rosalina.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: