UgotHacked.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
mariobros1 said:
I think brawl+ uses a file replacement hack which loads the files from usb,
If only someone made a MKWii version,
And NSMBW.
Like i said before, Riivolution might be able to do just that, but for mkwii?
QUOTE(Chadderz @ Feb 14 2010, 12:57 AM) We're interested in Riivolution, looks promising to open up these tracks to many more people!

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Riivolution is not a very friendly way to go, they seem to be alienating a very large portion of wii users by not supporting USB loading or backups. Would not be a good way to get the most users experiencing modded tracks. The Brawl+ way would be the best, but that requires someone to create an ocarina code to load from SD. (Come to think of it, brawl has some SD code in the game for the snapshots so maybe its not that easy for other games)

Ugothacked

OP
Trophies
Website
UgotHacked.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
mariobros1 said:
But what about the people who use usb devices and have either lost their original disc or broke it?.

Well, they could go on a website and search for the Mario kart wii ISO, you can download it and burn it, its legal AS LONG AS YOU HAVE BOUGHT THE ORIGINAL ONE, or you could do it if you really dont care about the law. Ok, you can download it, then you can store it on your PC and use Wiiscrubber and extract the tracks, replace them, use WBFS manager and send it over to your USB, easy.

QUOTE(nikeymikey @ Feb 15 2010, 02:23 PM) Riivolution is not a very friendly way to go, they seem to be alienating a very large portion of wii users by not supporting USB loading or backups. Would not be a good way to get the most users experiencing modded tracks. The Brawl+ way would be the best, but that requires someone to create an ocarina code to load from SD. (Come to think of it, brawl has some SD code in the game for the snapshots so maybe its not that easy for other games)

EDIT:
Making a code would be hard, I have usb gecko and i got no idea how to make a code like that, i do not think its possible. One of the greatest Code maker ever is mdmwii, he is a great friend of mine, and he hasnt been successful making one, well, YET that is.

mariobros1

Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
Yeah that is a way...
The problem is that you would need to have a at least a 4gb sd card or a hard drive,
In my case I use a 4gb sd card but I would need another to put the iso with custom courses on,

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mariobros1 said:
But what about the people who use usb devices and have either lost their original disc or broke it?.

I think he was refering to Riivolutions inability to load from USB or backups. Personally i think the devs of Riivolution are just being asses with their anti piracy code. Doesnt affect me personally cos i own MOST of my games on a retail disc. But i know there are those who dont, who would still like to use riivoution, especially with the NSMBW remake thats happening!!!

Ugothacked

OP
Trophies
Website
UgotHacked.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
mariobros1 said:
Yeah that is a way...
The problem is that you would need to have a at least a 4gb sd card or a hard drive,
In my case I use a 4gb sd card but I would need another to put the iso with custom courses on,

No you dont, the Mario kart Wii iso is around 2.62 GB i think, or a little smaller, maybe 2.57 (I cant remember)
I have been able to shrink it. The Mario kart wii iso is mainly THP files that take almost half of the space. I have realsed a version of my "UgotHacked Wii" but that doesn't have much size changes. I am working on another one, right now it is 2.01 GB I am tryig to get it to be less then 2 GB for you people that dont have 4GB USB drives. If you wanna know how to shrink is, its really easy:

First, Find a THP file from any wii game that is less then 5MB.
Now, replace every THP file on Mario kart by it.
Now the game is smaller

Its that easy. Although you don't get such a "Beautiful" looking wii videos in the menus and credits, its much smaller. Some THP files on Mario kart wii take 120MB each, and there are a hole bunch of them.

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HI ALL
only a question,and probably stupid but after i have applied the patch, the name of the race is the same of the original one, so what can i do to reconize the races that i have changed with the patch?

Chadderz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chadsoft.co.uk
XP
Country
wasabisun said:
HI ALL
only a question,and probably stupid but after i have applied the patch, the name of the race is the same of the original one, so what can i do to reconize the races that i have changed with the patch?
The name of the course is not stored in the same place as the course. It is stored in serveral .szs files which are all in the Scene\UI\ folder of the disk. The should be some files like award.szs and event.szs, and some similarly named ones but with _U or _E for example. These control the languages, so for example _G is German on a PAL version of the game. You simply need to find one of your own language, open the file common.bmg, and from there you can change the names. To make sure it changes everywhere in the game, you should change all of the common.bmgs of your own language (there is one in each file). To make this quicker, you can export the common.bmg file from the szs modifier by selecting it, closing the editor, right clicking on it's name and pressing export. Importing can be achieved in a similar way. Hope this helps.

goembario

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there some tutorial that explain how to make a custom track?
I'd like to make a custom track
tongue.gif

IAmError

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do these tracks only work for single player? I notice if I start up a track with 2 or more players, it goes back to the original track.

fred bloggs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IAmError said:
Do these tracks only work for single player? I notice if I start up a track with 2 or more players, it goes back to the original track.

Yes I noticed this too - it only changes the single player track not the multiplayer track....

Ugothacked

OP
Trophies
Website
UgotHacked.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
goembario said:
Is there some tutorial that explain how to make a custom track?
I'd like to make a custom track
tongue.gif

Yes, well, I am working on one, its gonna be big help.
wink.gif

IAmError said:

No, they do work with 2 people, you have to replace both files for it to work, yes the _d.szs file too.

QUOTE(junker_man32 @ Feb 21 2010, 11:27 PM)
they should do this liek the reggie level editor where you dont have to burn a disc everytime you add a level, instead load it of sd card

It is impossible, currently anyways, But you can do it with USB gecko and the USB gecko Option on the SZS. But the problem is, the data might get swapt a little while it is sending it to your wii. Sometimes it may get currupted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water