Mario Kart DX

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man at least 2 years if not longer

edit: i looked it up. it came to the states as a dave and busters exclusive in about jan-feb of 2014. so theyve been in america for 4 years now. and im sure other places have them now as well.
Well then. Guess I'll get around to inserting my foot into my mouth lol

Reactions: Kioku

DavissDoom

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I have posted about this basically everywhere, and have had no response or help, so I am hoping this is noticed and I am helped.
Every time I launch my copy of Mario, I get the GAMERUNNING window really small, the ParrotLoader.exe launches, and after DLL Loaded and Resuming Game comes up in ParrotLoader, I get the error in the middle of the screen. Every time I try it, I get this. I have re downloaded both Mario Kart and TeknoParrot, but to no avail. I am running Win 7 x86, on a pretty powerful laptop. I don't fully know the specs for it but it can run most modern games very well unless they are the most graphically intense thing ever.
TL;DR: My MK_AGP3_FINAL.exe error won't let me play.
Any help is good help, thanks in advance!
Untitled2.png

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My game window gets minimized every single time I try to boot DX, has anyone experienced this issue too ?
Well, I finally fixed this issue by installing the DirectX SDK. I discovered that by chance actually, I decided to run it on fullscreen and it basically sperged out about Direct3D controllers.

Anyway, the game feels a bit slow, almost like MK7. Not bad, but without novelty, it feels like MK8 is still the better entry. Maybe when/if someone dumps the updates/English version, it might be a bit more interesting.
Some non-gaming related complains:
The emulator is closed source, I was quite disappointed about this.
Wine can't even get it running, it spams "fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"TeknoParrotUi.resources"". Probably due to .NET issues, might try setting Mono and maybe a x86 prefix later.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't seem to download the emulator, when i try to open or extract the archive i am being met with damaged or unknown format. This has happened with 1.32 and 1.33, am I missing something here??

Reactions: cvskid

kai98yoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why there isn't an official news thread?

"YOU CAN PLAY MARIO KART GP 3 ON PC!!!!" ... Shut up... who cares?... GBATemp doesn't need a news thread for that...

Last edited by kai98yoshi,

ReaverTeknoGods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hey reaver, can you disable the announcer in the service menu or ingame?(like you could in gp2) and will it detect steering wheels and pedals?
Community made modded file for that already :-) You should ask in the discord, I do not know where it is.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Works great! Smooth and everything!

@ReaverTeknoGods :

- Is online possible? Maybe by changing something in NetConfig.csv?

- I played this game legit in Japan. My save progress is on my Namco Bana card. I don't suppose there is anyway I can get a copy of it can I?

- Is there anyway to update the game using the test menu maybe?

- I'm using a gamepad (Wired Xbox 360 gamepad to be exact) and it seems I'm having trouble with the controls. When I set all the buttons in game settings/input mapping, I was only able to go right and left in the screens, and press ok to go to the next screen. The blue button didnt work, nor did the mario button, and when I proceeded to the race. The gas pedal didnt work. I stayed still. So I went to emulator settings and changed joystick interface Xinput, and remapped buttons again. This time I was able able to race, brake, and throw items, but still not be able to use the blue button or mario button. Also, when I have an item (like a banana) I should be able to hold it shouldn't I? That didn't work. And for items like the green shell, I can't throw it behind me because it only recognizes right and left. Can you help/clarify those issues?

Thanks!

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Install latest winrar.
Many thanks man, that sorted it!!

EDIT:
I now have MKDX running, have mapped my XBox360 for windows pad up and can set up how i want, however steering does not work on menus or in game. I can gas, brake and use items tho!! Any advice? Have tried both Diretct input and Xinput, however only direct reads my pad.

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

ReaverTeknoGods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Many thanks man, that sorted it!!

EDIT:
I now have MKDX running, have mapped my XBox360 for windows pad up and can set up how i want, however steering does not work on menus or in game. I can gas, brake and use items tho!! Any advice? Have tried both Diretct input and Xinput, however only direct reads my pad.
Use only XInput with xbox360 controller.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Works great! Smooth and everything!

@ReaverTeknoGods :

- Is online possible? Maybe by changing something in NetConfig.csv?

- I played this game legit in Japan. My save progress is on my Namco Bana card. I don't suppose there is anyway I can get a copy of it can I?

- Is there anyway to update the game using the test menu maybe?

- I'm using a gamepad (Wired Xbox 360 gamepad to be exact) and it seems I'm having trouble with the controls. When I set all the buttons in game settings/input mapping, I was only able to go right and left in the screens, and press ok to go to the next screen. The blue button didnt work, nor did the mario button, and when I proceeded to the race. The gas pedal didnt work. I stayed still. So I went to emulator settings and changed joystick interface Xinput, and remapped buttons again. This time I was able able to race, brake, and throw items, but still not be able to use the blue button or mario button. Also, when I have an item (like a banana) I should be able to hold it shouldn't I? That didn't work. And for items like the green shell, I can't throw it behind me because it only recognizes right and left. Can you help/clarify those issues?

Thanks!
@ReaverTeknoGods Any input?

Also, I stopped unlocking stuff with my coins. Nothing is happening anymore. Is that because the game is not updated?

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure here will be a newer version with bana pass support. you will probably not beable to use your unlocks since those are server side I'm pretty sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: