Gaming Mario Kart 8 to be getting a major patch plus free DLC on August 27th

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
- Map for tv screen = As long as we still have the option to turn it off then its a great change.
- DLC car = Cool i guess?
- Menu after a race will be default on "next race" = Ridiculous that this wasnt the case originally. Great change and long overdue
- Last user car added to save = Saves time scrolling through all the car bits. Good change
- Edit others highlight = Not entirely sure what this will change but more options to the replay stuff is always good.
- Records = Finally! Great change
- Improved online stability and "other problems" = Online has always been fine for me and i dont see any exploits or glitches in the game but good change!

Reactions: _acid_ and yuyuyup

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online where I live, at least wireless, is absolutely unstable and unreliable, often dropping in MK 8 and it's annoying as hell. Suffice to say, I hope this helps somewhat, failing that, I'll get a LAN adapter.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
- Map display will be added on the TV screen
- Mercedes-Benz DLC will be available for free
- Default menu selection following GP race is changing to next race (instead of view highlight)
- Last used kart customization added to save - Edit others’ highlights
- Records screen with total coins, online win-loss record, character selection rates, etc.
- Improved online stability
- Other problems will be addressed

Read more at http://nintendoeverything.com/upcom...on-screen-improved-online-stability-and-more/
Nothing about more racing tracks being added or fixing the fucking Battle Mode but these improvements are welcomed. :)

i don't see: fixed fire hopping the one thing that needs to be fixed!:glare:

This doesn't seem to be used online, it's more of an offline trick because even if you firehop against other online players it doesn't mean you'll end up being on 1st place necessarily.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
doesnt have anything to do with being 1st it's used to cheat you out of a place and it's fucking rage inducing! one of the reasons i don't play online right now.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
doesnt have anything to do with being 1st it's used to cheat you out of a place and it's fucking rage inducing! one of the reasons i don't play online right now.

It's not cheating it's simply a trick that's there to be used if the player wants to or not.

No different than gaining an infinite amount of lives in a Mario platforming game. You either use or you don't. Pick your choice and move on.

I won't be playing MK8 until this DLC/Patch is release because I'm burnt off the game and have no interest in playing it now.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Map display will be added on the TV screen"

Nice. I use the pro controller to play and it's annoying to have to keep the gamepad near me as well, so I can see the map. I wonder if what weapons people are holding will be shown on screen as well, or if that will still be gamepad only.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They should change the Game Pad maps so it's more akin to the Bottom Screen display in Mario Kart DS/7; A Top-down view of the track so you can see what's coming up behind you.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
no no no IT IS cheating. your not supposed to do that it's a glitch it is NOT a trick and using a glitch to do something is cheating

Nintendo obviously polished the game well enough (except Battle Mode) to know the pros and cons of Mario Kart 8 and they knowingly left the Fire Hopping as an alternative for players who want to use the trick to make use of it, while others use different methods.

You know, collecting an infinite amount of lives in a Mario game is cheating but has Nintendo done anything about it? No. It's always been there to be used, some take a crack at it others don't.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
no no no ninty didn't intend to put this in
no-sir-you-are-wrong-thumb.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1