Gaming Mario Kart 8 Promotion 8 (HELP)

JorgeSalgado

OP
Trophies
XP
Hello everyone! It'll probably sound stupid but I really need your help with something. Well, I live in Europe but I have a friend in the states that bought Mario Kart 8 and wants to give me the free code for another Nintendo game. I'd like to ask you if that would be possible, if there are still regions in the digital versions of the games and if there is something I can do in case that is true. Thank you.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Like he said you can't use a code from US in a EU console, that's just basic logic anyone should have. You can't even make a US account in a EU console or vice-versa.

Either return it to him or sell the code for US Wii U owners on eBay or somethin'.

JorgeSalgado

OP
Trophies
XP
That's what I needed to know. Sorry for my ignorance, but like in Xbox, is there a way to change the country and redeem the code?

JorgeSalgado

OP
Trophies
XP
I promise this will be my last question. Not sure if anyone has tried it but could he give me the mario kart 8 code and I would register it here in europe on club nintendo and after that chose the game and get a free code?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I promise this will be my last question. Not sure if anyone has tried it but could he give me the mario kart 8 code and I would register it here in europe on club nintendo and after that chose the game and get a free code?

You mean he registers the code for you and then you download the game on your console? Nope. Won't work.

It would be necessary to change to the US and PAL consoles only feature PAL region countries.

JorgeSalgado

OP
Trophies
XP
No, I mean, he sends me the code of Mario Kart 8 that you have to scratch ad I register it myself on EU club nintendo. Not sure if I'm making myself clear, but I guess it'd be as if I bought an american version of MK8.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
No, I mean, he sends me the code of Mario Kart 8 that you have to scratch ad I register it myself on EU club nintendo. Not sure if I'm making myself clear, but I guess it'd be as if I bought an american version of MK8.

All NIntendo games are region locked.
Digital Download, Physical cart and promotional codes.
USA Codes won't work on PAL consoles nor vice versa, its locked and will always be and there's no workaround.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...