netsparro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
(soon)netsparro.com
XP
Country
Algeria
.... So im assuming I need smash to play any of the game mods.
No , you can paly mods using mocha and updated version of mk8 , i keep game's files clean and put mods in updates folder ( ex : x:\wiiu\games\mario kart 8 [AMKP01]\updates\harmonia menu ) n remember folder structure and code + meta folder inside that folder

Last edited by netsparro,

alonzondavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No , you can paly mods using mocha and updated version of mk8 , i keep game's files clean and put mods in updates folder ( ex : x:\wiiu\games\mario kart 8 [AMKP01]\updates\harmonia menu ) n remember folder structure and code + meta folder inside that folder

Could you walk me through that process then how you got it working for you? Pm me if you must.

I just got a smash wii u disc and sadly it doesnt not work ether, i believe it my be the disc drive though to be honest.

This would help me alot if you could, thanks.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally I did a texture mod of Rosalina that I can show off. Sadly I do not like the way youtube encodes the video. The source video is so much clearer then the uploaded video. While it was fun doing the mod, but it was a lot of work and hard work too, especially in certain area of the texture mods.

Perhaps I should release my work?

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Smb123w64gb‏ has released a new (test) tool for injecting OBJ files into BFRES files. It makes use of the NintenTools API created by RayKoopa. It in unclear as to what the limitations are currently compared to his other tool, but the nice thing about this tool is that you can import OBJ files from Blender!

Reactions: lordelan

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Reactions: CuriousTommy

Louis Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ray's API can write BFRES files from scratch.
Wow, that sounds nice! But is there any explanation, how it works?

Smb123w64gb‏ has released a new (test) tool for injecting OBJ files into BFRES files. It makes use of the NintenTools API created by RayKoopa. It in unclear as to what the limitations are currently compared to his other tool, but the nice thing about this tool is that you can import OBJ files from Blender!
Hmm, is there also an explanation for this tool? Everytime, when i start the tool, it crashes. Same happens, when dragging my obj file on the tool.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, is there also an explanation for this tool? Everytime, when i start the tool, it crashes. Same happens, when dragging my obj file on the tool.
I haven't gotten time to actually test the tool, but I think you need to use the program like this:

Linux Example: mono BFRES_Injector_CMD.exe bfres_file.bfres obj_file.obj
Windows Example: BFRES_Injector_CMD.exe bfres_file.bfres obj_file.obj

You will need to use cmd or terminal to interface with the application.

Edit: It's probably best that you paste the error, so I can have an idea what the error is.

Last edited by CuriousTommy,

Louis Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven't gotten time to actually test the tool, but I think you need to use the program like this:

You will need to use cmd or terminal to interface with the application.

Edit: It's probably best that you paste the error, so I can have an idea what the error is.
Ah, yes! Now the tool works. Thanks :)
But the other question is, how to create a KCL file (collision)?

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Louis Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is a tool created by MasterF0x that is a modification of EveryFileExplorer. It can be used for some of Nintendo's games (including Mario Kart 8).
Nice! Thanks!
But unfunfortunately, i have another problem! Every model i inject are simply not visible in the game. I'm extracting obj files by SketchUp, import them into Blender and export them with the correct settings as obj file.
I've tried to replace donut plains' and the big blue tire's model. For donut plains, i used GU_menu's model to inject and for the tire i used the original tire model.
Luckily, the KCL file seems to work!

Last edited by Louis Miles,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is there any way to change my country flag icon during online gameplay?
I use an US account because the eShop is cheaper than the Chilean eShop

D

Deleted User

Hello, I don't know where to ask help (My english is bad, sorry i'm french), but I don't know how to use the new tool (bfres injector) so I tested an another, but I get an error :

Errno13-Screenshoot-blender.png

What can I do ? Blender run as admin.

Reactions: memoryman3

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to change my country flag icon during online gameplay?
I use an US account because the eShop is cheaper than the Chilean eShop
extract common.szs's bflims. bflim255.dds is Chile's flag and bflim290.dds is USA's flag. Edit them on paint but only you will see the effects.
Note: you dont have to extract the szs to bfres, then open the bfres (sarc really) with SARC Extract but you will have to replace the bflims doing hex edits on common.bfres and then pack to szs

Reactions: cucholix

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But unfortunately, I have another problem! Every model I inject is simply not visible in the game. I'm extracting obj files by SketchUp, import them into Blender and export them with the correct settings as obj file.

There is a new release on GitHub. See if that works.

Also, I think you need to have everything be only one mesh and only have one texture applied to everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.