Hacking Mario Kart 8 Modding Central

SuperDaStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pardon me, but this problem has been going on for months: Cafiine has stopped working for me. My setup is correct each time, but when loading up MK8 the boot screen is stuck (you'll notice it when the engine sounds are on loop). And when the game starts, no mods show up. It's because the server is stuck listening on 7332, which it never did before.
You sure your IPv4 hasn't changed? Check it in a command window with the "ipconfig" command.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

convertGTX.bat open and in a second the app closes, what i need to do?
Well, there's two possible solutions:
1.) Edit ConvertGTX.bat. Press enter, to add a new line, and type in "pause". This'll let you see if there's any errors.
Or, the more basic way..
2.) If there isn't any GTX files in "Convert" for ConvertGTX to do it's job, it's gonna instantly close. What probably happened is that a new folder was created inside "Convert" and that's why your batch file isn't working. Take all the files from the folder named _____.bfres and drag them into Convert. It should (hopefully) work, now.

Reactions: YoshiCrystal

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That Cafiine thing happens to me a lot and I honestly don't know the right way to fix it. Sometimes resetting my router works, sometimes I just have to try multiple times over until it gets "unstuck" basically. One time it stopped working for a whole 2 weeks.

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
At the moment, I am doing a Bowsy mod using Bowser's model, if someone is interested in help me, send me a PM
I have 3 problems:

1.- Bowser has 5 bracelets, 2 per arm and 1 on the neck, there are 3 different colours, the spike color is the same for all of them, other for arm bracelet "background" and the other for the neck bracelet "background" but I want the arms spikes in one color and the neck bracelet spikes with other, Do you know how to add a new part to the body_alb.dds for the neck spikes?

2.- Bowsy has one bracelet per arm not 2, so I thought to change the second bracelet color to yellow and "make it invisible" but if I do this I will change all bracelets colour. Do you know how to do this?

3.- When you play the character texture mod, it changes a lot of times to the original texture, so 1 second new texture, the next 1 second the original texture... I heart its something relationated with the mipmaps but i followed the MK8 Modding Central guide step by step...

I have posted an image so you can see the parts I am mentioning, and if you want to do this you can help me of course
Bye!
http://imgur.com/a/W46b0

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment, I am doing a Bowsy mod using Bowser's model, if someone is interested in help me, send me a PM
I have 3 problems:

1.- Bowser has 5 bracelets, 2 per arm and 1 on the neck, there are 3 different colours, the spike color is the same for all of them, other for arm bracelet "background" and the other for the neck bracelet "background" but I want the arms spikes in one color and the neck bracelet spikes with other, Do you know how to add a new part to the body_alb.dds for the neck spikes?

2.- Bowsy has one bracelet per arm not 2, so I thought to change the second bracelet color to yellow and "make it invisible" but if I do this I will change all bracelets colour. Do you know how to do this?

3.- When you play the character texture mod, it changes a lot of times to the original texture, so 1 second new texture, the next 1 second the original texture... I heart its something relationated with the mipmaps but i followed the MK8 Modding Central guide step by step...

I have posted an image so you can see the parts I am mentioning, and if you want to do this you can help me of course
Bye!
http://imgur.com/a/W46b0

i think u need model edits for these typee of hack
u need to use the vertex editor posted a while ago
u also need 3ds max

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Are the "purple" photos with _spm in its name vertex photos?
In this chase it's very usefull, I tried to delete spike from it but i think it's useless
And where is this editor?, In which forum?
Bye!

Last edited by victormr21,

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: victormr21

RobotMania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi ..
I have a problem with texture
I tried to change the "startgate" of mario kart stadium.
But this is what I get:

The mips are exact .. I do not know what happens..

and specular map, after inserting it, looks like this:
I tried to create the emissive map with Paint.net and that's out to me:

any help appreciated:lol:

Attachments

• ufc_startgate_emm.png
    ufc_startgate_emm.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 322
  • no name.jpg
    no name.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 368
  • alb_nrm.jpg
    alb_nrm.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 331
  • spm.jpg
    spm.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 308
Last edited by RobotMania,

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
hi , i need help : wanna edit thumbnail pics in course select screen and pics in driver select screen , but i am having a problem locating theme ,
The select characters screen pictures are in content/ui/cmn/and I don't know but it's easy there are only a few of folders and the correct has a lot of tgas of characters, items, cups...
Bye!

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi , i need help : wanna edit thumbnail pics in course select screen and pics in driver select screen , but i am having a problem locating theme ,

These are bflims (in the location victormr21 said they are) and the szs files (like Menu.szs) are SARC archives. We can't edit them yet. We can get all the way to the point of having to convert them back to bflim but there's no tool that supports the proper texture formats yet.

Are mrbean and chadderz building CTGP MK8?

No.

Last edited by Harmonia,
Reactions: netsparro

Cynda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to repack an MK8 sarc with sarcpack, but I'm stuck on getting the padding value. It says you need to find 0x8 in the szs, but all I see is a 0:

1221b182067a4b048bd1eac66d26e614.png

Am I looking in the wrong place?

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
I'm doing a mod for MK8. It modifies all cup icons (i replaced them with other objects icons) and the Bowser icon in the drivers screen.
All this files are .tga and seems that Cafiine only replaces "packed" files not individual files
How can i do it? I have the game on disc, i thought that in downloadable format i will be able to do it with FTPiiU because discs are ""non-write" (you can't modify his files) but its stupid because i have 5GB of memory.
Bye!
PD:@Harmonia your mod is awesome, congratulations! But i saw a video playing a full MK8 Deluxe (not a demo) and the icons are the same, maybe you can change in the settings
I'm trying to decompress menu.szs and menu_title.szs, i opened them in HxD and i saw Yaz0enc......SARC so i decompressed them like a szs but then i couldn't decompress them like a SARC

Last edited by victormr21,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)