Gaming Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Online Question

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but...Does anyone know if Mario Kart 8 Deluxe shares the same online servers as Wii U's Mario Kart 8? Just wanted to know if I should expect cheaters/hackers when playing online, like on Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS, seeing that cheats are now available for Wii U as well.

Unia4L

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If there servers are shit again then i'm not even paying for online, i'm not going to buy a switch until I know what the server speeds are, if they're the same as the old servers then I am not buying the switch.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

To be honest, I rarely had issues with MK8's servers (even MK Wii's servers were pretty stable when I played on it), if you have a LAN adapter, you can get even more stability compared to WiFi.
Been playing MK8D and it's lagless. If there's anything I'd complain about is that during the first matches I kept getting booted off until I got into them.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Unia4L

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have a pc try to get a program to monitor your ping for the Nintendo server (so you wirelessly scan your switch) and tell me the results (if you can get a program of course)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing MK8D and it's lagless. If there's anything I'd complain about is that during the first matches I kept getting booted off until I got into them.

One thing that's nice that they added in spectator mode is it now display what lap the players are on, something GameXplain showed on one of their videos, so it's no longer a mystery how long we have to wait. And the WiFi I have is pretty good, 100 mbps, so I don't think I'll have any issues whenever I get the game :P I rarely got lag on MK8 (haven't played it in a while though), been playing a lot of Smash with my friend in the UK, occasional lag but otherwise very stable.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

One thing that's nice that they added in spectator mode is it now display what lap the players are on, something GameXplain showed on one of their videos, so it's no longer a mystery how long we have to wait. And the WiFi I have is pretty good, 100 mbps, so I don't think I'll have any issues whenever I get the game :P
I also noticed that when the system randomly chooses a stage from a user, it's either 100 or 150 which means it can be rather dull if you end up on 100cc. To be fair, you can drift as much as you want and that certainly boosts ya up but 100cc shouldn't even be allowed online.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If there servers are shit again then i'm not even paying for online, i'm not going to buy a switch until I know what the server speeds are, if they're the same as the old servers then I am not buying the switch.
All I know is that GameExplain did at least a good 30 minutes of Battle mode online using phone thethering (to check stability + data usage), and it ran rather well for them.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also noticed that when the system randomly chooses a stage from a user, it's either 100 or 150 which means it can be rather dull if you end up on 100cc. To be fair, you can drift as much as you want and that certainly boosts ya up but 100cc shouldn't even be allowed online.

To be honest, I'm not that good at drifting or fire-hopping, I haven't practiced enough, maybe with the Switch Pro controller, that might be somewhat easier to do?

All I know is that GameExplain did at least a good 30 minutes of Battle mode online using phone thethering (to check stability + data usage), and it ran rather well for them.

Yeah, the fact they fixed the 59 fps issue is also a huge plus for me, I'm one of the few people who noticed it, and it drove me crazy; I'm glad they have a proper battle mode, I can finally have my friends and I play it.

Reactions: Xabring

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest, I'm not that good at drifting or fire-hopping, I haven't practiced enough, maybe with the Switch Pro controller, that might be somewhat easier to do?

Yeah, the fact they fixed the 59 fps issue is also a huge plus for me, I'm one of the few people who noticed it, and it drove me crazy; I'm glad they have a proper battle mode, I can finally have my friends and I play it.

I thought my game was literally always lagging online because of that glitch.

Also fire-hopping is gone now, so no use. It actually makes you slower, guess its a new physics engine.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought my game was literally always lagging online because of that glitch.

Also fire-hopping is gone now, so no use. It actually makes you slower, guess its a new physics engine.

I never used fire-hopping (I wasn't good enough to get it down, as pathetic as that is), and rubber-banding AI seems to be better balanced (unlike Fast RMX, which I hear is unforgiving in that department), but at
the very least, the game seems like the game the Wii U iteration should've been.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never used fire-hopping (I wasn't good enough to get it down, as pathetic as that is), and rubber-banding AI seems to be better balanced (unlike Fast RMX, which I hear is unforgiving in that department), but at
the very least, the game seems like the game the Wii U iteration should've been.
The wiiu version wasnt THAT bad. Still, i like the changes.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's just me, and I'm one of the few people who noticed the 59 fps issue, glad they fixed it. Why they couldn't patch it in the Wii U version is beyond me.
Im guessing it was a hardcoded bug that no amount of updating could fix. Or they just didnt know how to without re-making the entire game's code.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh there is lag. It depends on your upload speed. when it laggin i cant pick an item and i have to wait for the game to stop it. when that happens your items will hit players and they will spin but not slow down. thats because they are not getting hit on their screen. at-leaste their coins pop out. also items will go through your banana/shell on your ass sometimes.
and even better you can have blue shell immunity. on wii u mk8 my friend and i with 2 wii u's in the house onine were 1st and second online and blue shells would hit the 3rd place guy. great times. we musta not been 1 and 2nd on their screen. the race results said we were really 1st and 2nd tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back