ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I installed it after reading a lot and it's awesome. Would it be possible to add crazy modes like 200cc? Is anyone on the dshack scene interested in that?
Thanks again and great work!

Reactions: SomeGamer

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
200cc would be really nice (love playing at this speed on MK8), but that can ruin MK7's online play. Certainly some people will abuse of it :(

I don't know, maybe doing some way to make 200cc replacing the 50cc mode? Since in online races, usually there's 100cc, 150cc and Mirror mode... I don't remember playing at 50cc online, at all.

Last edited by KaleoOmega,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, I tried some races online. This is what I got from some of the custom tracks:

- Rainbow Road N64: the game froze in a blank screen before the race starts.
- Icy Kalimari Desert: played normally, possibly because this one is most a texture reskin.
- Sandcastle Park: the race started normally, but after the first turn, I couldn't follow the old course (through the low screen), neither the new course. So I became stuck, and after trying sometimes, I fell out of the course. Then everytime Lakitu catched me to return to the course, he dropped me again on the pit, entering in a loop. Soon after I receive a communication error and was disconnected.
N64 frappe snowland works online (you can download that CT on dshack.org)

Does the NTR way work with eShop copies? I got MK7 from Club Nintendo, and I'd rather not have another copy sitting on my SD Card if I can help it.

It should with hans.

200cc would be really nice (love playing at this speed on MK8), but that can ruin MK7's online play. Certainly some people will abuse of it :(

I don't know, maybe doing some way to make 200cc replacing the 50cc mode? Since in online races, usually there's 100cc, 150cc and Mirror mode... I don't remember playing at 50cc online, at all.
I already made a 200cc plugin for MK7, however, it was abused for online play cheating, that's why I won't be doing something similar anymore.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Even if they join from their own game cartridges instead of download play?
Nope, only download play.

Reactions: KaleoOmega

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nope, only download play.
What if they join from their modded games?
Also, I'm pretty sure that since we can use hans now, a lot of people will get more interested in this and might help, in case we get more content added we'd have to reinstall everytime?
Btw don't give up 200cc only for that. Maybe someone finds a way to restrict it for single and LAN play only

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
N64 frappe snowland works online (you can download that CT on dshack.org)

Thanks, didn't noticed that one. Will recreate my romfs then :)

Also, I saw a GBA Sky Garden circuit for download, but this one replaces SNES Mario Circuit 2 - that already has a SNES Mario Circuit 1 mod.
It is possible to make this track replace another one instead?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks, didn't noticed that one. Will recreate my romfs then :)

Also, I saw a GBA Sky Garden circuit for download, but this one replaces SNES Mario Circuit 2 - that already has a SNES Mario Circuit 1 mod.
It is possible to make this track replace another one instead?

Nope, unlike Mario Kart Wii, the course name is everywhere on the course file, so a CT will only work on the slot it is developed, and there only can be 32 CT. Untilsomeone manages to do an asm hack to allow more CTs...

Reactions: KaleoOmega

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nope, unlike Mario Kart Wii, the course name is everywhere on the course file, so a CT will only work on the slot it is developed, and there only can be 32 CT. Untilsomeone manages to do an asm hack to allow more CTs...

Right, good to know. I will give this GBA Sky Garden a try, then. :)

manlego

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, one thing that i noticed while playing this is that the tracks names still is the orininal track's name even on the modded tracks.
Did i do something wrong? The game still runs completly fine aside from that.

akira123

Trophies
XP
Country
I just can't load it. :/ I've named the file correctly- 00030700, I've deleted everything from 00000FF0 to 00000000, I've used my own romfs files that I'd dumped, edited and then rebuilt. I just don't know what's gone wrong, every time it just says 'unvalidated icache' Maybe it's a problem with my 3DS? I've tried loading through themehax and ironhax.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I just can't load it. :/ I've named the file correctly- 00030700, I've deleted everything from 00000FF0 to 00000000, I've used my own romfs files that I'd dumped, edited and then rebuilt. I just don't know what's gone wrong, every time it just says 'unvalidated icache' Maybe it's a problem with my 3DS? I've tried loading through themehax and ironhax.
It needs to be named 00030700.romfs

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It isn't finished, it lacks itemboxes and coins. I'll have to finish all my CT :unsure:

Well, I played on it a bit, and aside from that (and probably some custom music to fits here), it's a good track already! Looking forward for when you finish this one. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.