Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by PabloMK7, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Shadowehh

Shadowehh Also known as Shadd

Jan 27, 2016
    United States
    Jeff The Killer's Bathroom
    I just decided to play CTGP-7 for fun one day, but I get random lag in the "Yoshi Falls" track (I am on the latest version: 0.12.8, NTR-CFW). This even happens when I enable the L2 cache and when I set the clock rate to 804MHz on the N3DS. Why does this happen?

Last edited by Shadowehh, Jun 10, 2017

2. PabloMK7
    OP

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    World -1
    Which Luma version do you have?

3. Shadowehh

Jan 27, 2016
    United States
    I currently have Luma CFW on V8.0 + B9S running on a 10.4 system.

Last edited by Shadowehh, Jun 10, 2017
  4. PabloMK7
    OP

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    World -1
    This confirms my theory. Custom tracks were made taking care about the 3ds limitations (hardware, NTR, OS). However, with Luma's new Rosalina menu, which runs as a another system module in the background, it's making the game lag. I've checked myself with Luma 8.0 vs Luma 7.0 and the first one lags. @Aurora Wright, @TuxSH I beg you, add a SVC that allows disabling Rosalina, just for compatibility with homebrew which was almost lagging, but now does. All the current custom tracks were made in a time period of 3 years, and remaking them again to remove the lag is just a nope. Either that, or a safe way to terminate Rosalina's thread.

Last edited by PabloMK7, Jun 10, 2017
  5. sks316

sks316 Retro Enthusiast

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    Already tried suggesting this on the GitHub for Luma. It was deemed invalid and was rejected. I wish you luck on getting this feature added to Luma.

6. Aurora Wright

Aurora Wright GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 13, 2006
    Italy
    Does it lag with this? https://workupload.com/file/d9JaET5
    Does it lag with 8.0 and LayeredFS to load the tracks (without using NTR)? We had some reports about NTR + Rosalina lagging, but there's not much that can be done given that NTR is closed source (we won't allow Rosalina to be disabled because it took over certain important Luma features)

TuxSH likes this.
  7. sks316

sks316 Retro Enthusiast

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    Well, we're fucked! Without Rosalina being disabled, we can't get a smooth gameplay experience!

8. Aurora Wright

Aurora Wright GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 13, 2006
    Italy
    Fixed

TheLegendofMario likes this.
  9. PabloMK7
    OP

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    World -1
    The problem is, CTGP-7 isn't just a romfs redirect, it relies on NTR plugins to use some features and planned features, I'll quote @cell9 just in case.
    No need to be rude towards Luma devs, they made a great work, and I've used some of the new features already. I hope this will eventually be fixed.
    I can't test it until Monday, when I'm back home.

Last edited by PabloMK7, Jun 10, 2017
    TheLegendofMario likes this.
  10. Shadowehh

Jan 27, 2016
    United States
    I wonder how exactly Luma CFW lags my game with L2 cache and 804MHz clock rate anyway. I don't think Luma CFW would be using most of the CPU anyway, plus if it was using too much of the RAM, the game would constantly lag severely. It doesn't lag through the whole map though, it only lags when I get to one point of it, but I don't know what point exactly.

11. Ryumaru

Ryumaru Creator of themes for 3DS

Feb 1, 2015
    Brazil
    I am using Luma 8 without activating the advanced settings, I left active only the option to display the word Sys in the configuration panel. The game is working perfectly in my two 3DS the old XL and the new XL. I did not have any problem of frame delay or problems in the music of the game.

12. PabloMK7
    OP

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    World -1
    It may not be lagging much right now, but with the incoming features, the lag is more noticeable.

13. Ryumaru

Ryumaru Creator of themes for 3DS

Feb 1, 2015
    Brazil
    I ran on all the race tracks that were mentioned and did not present the problems mentioned. Had several users who had problems with Luma 8 and other users had no problem. I believe that the developers will add some kind of support, the NTR loads to the Rosalina menu.

Last edited by Ryumaru, Jun 12, 2017
  14. PabloMK7
    OP

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    World -1
  15. PabloMK7
    OP

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    World -1
    0.12.9 is out:
    • Updated NTR from 3.4 to 3.5 (fixes streaming on 11.4)
    • Using other BootNTR apps will no longer work, the CTGP-7 app is now required to launch the mod.
    • You can use other BootNTR apps to launch your own plugins as CTGP-7 plugins are now in a different folder.
    • Improved OnionFS speed, thanks @Nanquitas ^^
    • Minor bugfixes.
    • Removed cia method.

Nanquitas and smileyhead like this.
  16. TotoroAway

TotoroAway Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2017
    United States
    Can someone please tell me what song they used for Concord Town? I been looking but couldn't find anything.

Last edited by TotoroAway, Jun 15, 2017
  17. Shadowehh

Jan 27, 2016
    United States
    Have you tried asking google on your phone or computer what is the song called and then putting the 3DS speaker next to the mic of it so the device can hear it?

18. TotoroAway

TotoroAway Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2017
    United States
    I tried like 6 times but got no results

19. Shadowehh

Jan 27, 2016
    United States
    Probably got it from a royalty-free website then. I don't remember any websites names though.

20. PabloMK7
    OP

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    World -1
    Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky - Treasure Town (TGH remastering project)