Misc Mario Kart 7 Can't connect to Online

tarayaba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I am writting here as a last resort. I really don't know what else to do.

I am having the same problem so many people are having, but i really can't find a solution.

My ISP does not allow DMZ, so that isn't a solution.

When i try to port forward UDP traffic 1-65535, i get an error from the router (tg784n v3), that says some ports are in conflict.

I have asked nintendo wich ones they use, and they say a couple for TCP, that i can open fine, and every port for UDP. That just sounds dumb, i should not be needing to open every port, but i can't find any solution.

any tips?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Is it possible for u to download TeamViewer?
That way, it would be easier to check what's wrong.
If not then change 802.11 mode to b+g.

Deactive MAC addressing,enable UPNP and if u can disable ur modem Firewall.

tarayaba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have teamviewer, but i am not at home right now. I will check in when i am, possibly only tomorrow though, hopefully you will be around. Thanks alot for your help.

I have UPNP enabled, and i have tried disabling the firewall, but i have read that disabling firewall on the router page doesn't really disable it, you can only do it through TELNET. When i tried through telnet, i cannot find the root acess user/password for my firmware. i can only find it until the previous firmware version, and it doesnt work on this one.

Im not sure what that 802 mode is, but i will look for it in the router page. Even though it seems most options are blocked off from the router page.

tarayaba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, i don't know if i was clear, but i can access online functionalities like the eShop and the browser. Only online play seems to be not working. I own mario kart and cannot connect, and i have tried a luigi's mansion, and also can't join lobbies.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
3DS doesn't work at all with 802.11 n just b+g or b or g.
And yeah i come everyday here just send me the Teamviever information in a PM not in this thread lol.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
We could manually assign an IP for the 3DS but we can't do it if ur not at home.
Come back tomorrow here and PM me so i can give u detailed information on how to do it.

tarayaba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, i will PM you when i'm online.

but i have already tried that. Assigned manual IP adress, and tried port forwarding the following ports to the 3ds:

TCP : 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 53, 80 and 443
UDP : 1-65535.

The router tells me i have a conflict with the assigned ports.

I then tried making one rule for each port (to single out the conflicting ones), and its on the UDP ports. I have tried contacting Nintendo to give me the exact ports it uses, and they just say all of them.

I have also read that my router has a problem opening UDP ports:

"It is a bug in the router. There isn't anything you can do if their isn't a fix for it by firmware. Your only choice is to get a non Thomson router.

Shane"

http://forums.pcwintech.com/index.php/topic,2786.0.html

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Same problem TG784 this stupid router has problem on every corner. Don't know how I even got port forwarding to work. My 3DS can't connect to worldwide but with communities I can play normally. (Smashes router until it works) :gun:

Same here, I can play Kid Icarus: Uprising and Resident Evil: Revelations online, but i cant play Mario Kart worldwide...
And I could play it with no issue before i changed to Vodafone PT with this router.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)