Gaming Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story (u)

uzi

Trophies
XP
Country
cheats dont even work lol i put power 999 for mario .. still does old damage... i put 2x exp .. still get 2-3 exp from the 1st battle hmm

nm i went in the menu and forced cheats on /// not default

AniDanny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
uzi said:
ok weird.. i put in new 1.5 akio in and game loads with soft reset on .. click to play new file and i just get black screen .. no cheats enabled aswell... untouched file

Tested here at Akaio 1.5 + clean trimmed rom with soft reset on and new game worked fine, try copy the game file again.

I got a version of the rom to get past the "select a file" menu (finally) using AKAIO 1.5. It then froze up when I tried to go into the second room. Giving it another try...

unsure.gif
Froze up again.

The file I'm using now is 77,778kb. In AKAIO v1.4, it worked as far as the file select screen, and then froze. I tried to apply the XPA patch, but it seemed to not work on this file.

I have another file that's 131,072kb, and come up as a white screen without loading the rom. Applied the XPA patch, and it seemed to work, but the rom itself didn't work when patched. I then tried both patched and unpatched again in v1.5, and continued getting the white screen.

Also had a file that was 89.2mb, with the same results as the 131,072kb file.

It might be that it's not a trimmed rom, as I don't actually know what that is... anyone wanna help me out there? I also don't know how to toggle soft reset, or whether it would make a difference, but it seems to be on right now (R+L+Start+Select resets the game).

AniDanny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fallinroxas said:
@AniDanny: It works fine for me. Try formating your microSD.

Formatted, then put everything back on, and it didn't seem to recognize anything on the card. I wiped it, and am copying everything over again. Results soon! (hopefully)

Edit: Alas, post-format, it still freezes at the same spot. I think I'm just gonna go out and buy the game tonight.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About that graphic corruption on the top screen. On my retail game still in the retail cart sometimes when I get a special attack puzzle piece a black line appear then disappear, so I don't think it can be fixed.

Knarf

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
fallinroxas said:
It's going to get harder to patch games for the R4. Because Nintendo sued them and I'm sure the R4 company gave Nintendo their code....So yea...

@Knarf: I have stated earlier that the XPA patch is the best. Use it with the XPA release. No problems besides a black line in the top screen every once in a while.

I tried that and it doesn't work... I'm using the official firmware from acekard.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
AniDanny said:
Yuan said:
uzi said:
ok weird.. i put in new 1.5 akio in and game loads with soft reset on .. click to play new file and i just get black screen .. no cheats enabled aswell... untouched file

Tested here at Akaio 1.5 + clean trimmed rom with soft reset on and new game worked fine, try copy the game file again.

I got a version of the rom to get past the "select a file" menu (finally) using AKAIO 1.5. It then froze up when I tried to go into the second room. Giving it another try...

unsure.gif
Froze up again.

The file I'm using now is 77,778kb. In AKAIO v1.4, it worked as far as the file select screen, and then froze. I tried to apply the XPA patch, but it seemed to not work on this file.

I have another file that's 131,072kb, and come up as a white screen without loading the rom. Applied the XPA patch, and it seemed to work, but the rom itself didn't work when patched. I then tried both patched and unpatched again in v1.5, and continued getting the white screen.

Also had a file that was 89.2mb, with the same results as the 131,072kb file.

It might be that it's not a trimmed rom, as I don't actually know what that is... anyone wanna help me out there? I also don't know how to toggle soft reset, or whether it would make a difference, but it seems to be on right now (R+L+Start+Select resets the game).

89.2MB is a PATCHED ROM!
128MB is CLEAN ROM!

white screen loading the rom?
try FORMAT your microSD card

AniDanny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
89.2MB is a PATCHED ROM!
128MB is CLEAN ROM!

white screen loading the rom?
try FORMAT your microSD card

This was immediately after formatting my MicroSD card, unfortunately...

Edit: I copied the 128mb file back over just to confirm, and how about that it works. Elixirdream has miraculously fixed my rom. Thank you sir!
yaynds.gif

Gosyac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
Anyone knows if there is a fix for the SuperCard DS One? I tried patching my rom with the AR code but I can't seem to patch it successfully. I read that the current patch sometimes makes you lose your save... If there isn't I guess I'll wait for a proper fix.

I'd like to know this too. I've read through the entire thread and didn't see any mention of a working solution.

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamerjr said:
JesseB said:
ewo2 said:
Anybody know if this thing works on an EDGE?

AFAIK the only cards it doesn't work on yet are the DSTT and the R4. Try using the search.

Doesn't that include M3 ds simply?

The M3 simply and the R4 are the same exact card under the hood. Just marketed under different names.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Gosyac said:
Raika said:
Anyone knows if there is a fix for the SuperCard DS One? I tried patching my rom with the AR code but I can't seem to patch it successfully. I read that the current patch sometimes makes you lose your save... If there isn't I guess I'll wait for a proper fix.

I'd like to know this too. I've read through the entire thread and didn't see any mention of a working solution.

SC USERS

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181293&st=0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE