Gaming Mario 3D arrived

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
EB Games Australia is giving out Tanooki Hats as a preorder bonus, Mario Kart's getting a plush Mario Cap, but I guess you don't live in Australia...

Oh, yeah. And I also got a free Super Mario/Mario Kart Poster from EB the moment that I preordered them a few months ago. Lucky Me...

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
EB Games Australia is giving out Tanooki Hats as a preorder bonus, Mario Kart's getting a plush Mario Cap, but I guess you don't live in Australia...

Oh, yeah. And I also got a free Super Mario/Mario Kart Poster from EB the moment that I preordered them a few months ago. Lucky Me...

The hat sounds awesome! All we're doing is giving away a Mario 3D Land zip-case for the 3DS if you pick up your pre-order. A bit lacklustre really...

Still, I'm mega excited for this; staff purchase as soon as it arrives in the delivery early next week. Should have it three or four days before EU street date. B-)

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country

The hat sounds awesome! All we're doing is giving away a Mario 3D Land zip-case for the 3DS if you pick up your pre-order. A bit lacklustre really...

Still, I'm mega excited for this; staff purchase as soon as it arrives in the delivery early next week. Should have it three or four days before EU street date. B-)
Where do you work?! *Jealous face*
Friend works in GAME and is threatening to play it at me as soon as they come in

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
Picked mine up yesterday. B-)

Z471hl.jpg

Have yet to play it yet (look! still in the wrapper!) because of working, but I have the day off so it's going consist solely of playing this sweet cartridge of joy. ^_^

Where do you work?! *Jealous face*
Friend works in GAME and is threatening to play it at me as soon as they come in

Yeah, I work for GAME as well, man. :)

Arrived in our delivery first thing yesterday morning. No legal block preventing staff from buying it before street date (unlike Skyrim, MW3, Assassin's Creed) so as soon as my manager locked the doors at 5.30 I bought it like an excitable child. :D

Didn't have a chance to play it all night so it was sat mocking me, still sealed. :(

Aint2krayzie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing it for the last 3 days and let me say it's awesome. the 3D levels are awesome. the video runs smoothly and look gorgeous in 3D. Lots of fun. Having a blast playing it. Love the tanooki suit. I've played mario games since back in super mario bros. on nes. let me just say that the levels are not that challenging. As you progress they get a bit harder. They got clever hiding some of the 3 big coins. TIP: when you see the binoculars look for toad. he will throw down a power up, 1-up or the missing coin for that level. You can also get infinite lives with the turtle trick. just need to find the right spot on certain levels. Lives go up to 1000 before it turns to all crown symbols.
i Do have to complain that though the levels are fun and creative, they are a bit short. wouldn't be a problem except that they put a very low amount of levels. each world only has about 5 levels including the castle boss. I'm already on world 7 after 3 days. hopefully there is something good at the end.

Over all a great game and would recommend to everyone. hopefully this boost up 3DS sales. hate to see this portable die out and fail.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want this game! :( >.> If anyone in the Netherlands find it TELL IT ME. :D At least near The Hague.. ^^

Called:

Gamemania
gameshop
mediamarkt
Bartsmit
ePlaza

Most of them don't want to break the street date >.>;;

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
First impressions so far are great. There's some nice little extras hidden round all the levels, and everything flows a bit better by the levels being full 3D as opposed to purely sidescrolling (a-la NSMB). The 3D effect is really, really nice. I found myself turning it off while playing Ocarina of Time as I couldn't get my eyes to focus comfortably. With this, though, I've got the 3D on full and everything looks seamless. The 3D effect works really well and genuinely does add more depth to the levels, from a gameplay perspective. I tried playing with the 3D off but I just couldn't get along with it. This one's going to be a drain on my battery for sure.

But I'm not complaining. This is a really great game. Better than New Super Mario Bros and Mario 64 DS by far. Mario's finest handheld outing.

steve1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I beat the game and unlocked the special levels. I wont spoil it for those that havent yet but so far there ALOT better then then normal levels and way more challenging. I wish nintendo would have made these for the normal game off the start. New power ups and suprises await.

Aint2krayzie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Game is not that short. Seems short because there's only about 5 levels or so for each world. I just beat the game 5 mins ago and even though i got through it
fairly easy it still took alot of time. especially since i like to collect all the big coins. the ender is a cool twist that leads you into your second adventure . I'll leave it at that.
i will say if you remember the tanooki suit from Super Mario Bros. 3 you know something is missing from it, and in the extra levels his true power is unlocked.
Can't wait to see what lies ahead in this second adventure.

alexbulluk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Got mine today too!

AeYbzkRCMAAHNcp.jpg

Really pleased it arrived. I only ordered it yesterday!

I've been taking my time with it and I'm on world 5-castle with about 4hrs playtime, so the "main" levels are pretty short. Still a ton of fun, though. I'd have to say this is my favourite Mario handheld to date.

Btw, Where did you guys buy from? I got it from ShopTo.net

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"