Maplestory DS English Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Arithmatics, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    good but ... I don't now korean or enough japanese so I can't help xD I'm here offering graphic editing :x

someone are able to convert the "En" text files to see if there are something or just placeholder?

2. DarthNemesis

DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    They're placeholders; they don't contain any text.

3. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I see .... anyway, someone want to revive the project? xD

4. coldsun0630

coldsun0630 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2010
    So, I have looked up the text files. It seems the most of texts in the current patch were translated by google translator... and that was the reason why I couldn't find any korean during playing the game.
    (maybe) All of basic informations like items, equips, chapter name were translated as well. Graphics were pretty much done, but seems not all.
    The comment at here says that lastest SVN were stopped at half of the Warrior Ch.2, but don't know if they were translated correctly.

Edit: Text files are encoded in Unicode. The ratio of valid txt files is 300/457. Others are 2-byted empty files.

Edit2: What the page is for?

Last edited by coldsun0630, Oct 27, 2015
  5. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    hmm well looks like that we should work on it from start ? or want to continue from where they stopped?

6. coldsun0630

coldsun0630 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2010
    Translating basic information was done by the old crew: only few errors are remained. So we don't need to translate them twice. For graphic files, I don't even know where the files are, so I can't tell you anything.
    But we still have 15121 lines of scenario texts total. I don't think it would be done within a short time. So sad that there are very few people here who are able to translate them...

7. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    well thsi si the problem :/

8. Arithmatics
    OP

Arithmatics I'll be holding on to you. ;}

Jan 29, 2009
    Malaysia
    IIRC it's on a github somewhere.

All that truly remained was just to make sense of the google translated things + formatting. If you can somehow contact either Tehskullz or ron975 i'm sure they'll be able to give you the access needed and whatnot.

9. Dryon

Dryon Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2017
    Switzerland
    It would be cool if someone at least make an AP patch for the 0.04redsnail version, to prevent the save troubles and the crashes.

Last edited by Dryon, Sep 4, 2017
    Arithmatics likes this.