Maplestory 3DS: The Girl of Destiny [100% ENG Patch][Release]

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by WillTheLion, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    I can't find any problems in Tommie's dialogue, is there any other dialogue he says at about the same time to help us pinpoint the problem line?

2. theplasmastorm

theplasmastorm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Whenever you talk to Tommie, right after Horntail, but before Centaur boss

3. WillTheLion
    OP

WillTheLion GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    If you're still located where the problem is occurring could you please export your save file with JKSM and upload it here where we can see it? I'd be happy to fix it for you, we just don't have a save file near that point in the story at the moment.

4. WillTheLion
    OP

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for reporting the blank text. We accidentally broke a tag to indicate the end of some else talking that made this display nothing. It's been fixed now and it looks like a v1.03 should be coming soon to fix that.

Also the problem with quest started/finished text disappearing is due to a hard coded limit in the game where it will only display a certain amount of text in that box. We have been unable to find a fix for it, but if we do find one we'll be sure to post an update.

In other news v1.03 will also include an extra treat! We discovered the Korean version of the game had voiced videos instead of the silent ones we have had in the Japanese versions. We've now gone through the effort to subtitle the Korean videos instead and we'll be including them with the next update so you can enjoy hearing voices as you watch those short clips. The voices are in Korean but they'll be fully subtitled (except the intro song which now will have vocals).

As an added bonus I've now updated the banner image from this:

[​IMG]

To this new one that more fits the game in it's finished state:

[​IMG]

Last edited by WillTheLion, Jan 16, 2017
    Lemmingz, DarkSynopsis and DarthDub like this.
  5. Vague Rant

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Derp, guys, the previous fix (Tatamo's corrupted line) also solved this one. It was just one issue making itself known twice.

6. WillTheLion
    OP

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    Another alternate banner:
    [​IMG]

medoli900 and DarthDub like this.
  7. awesomehero

awesomehero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2010
    United States
    I'm new to the CFW scene, so I wanted to know if I could install NTR on my 3ds with 11.2.0-35 (with Luma 3ds)?

8. theplasmastorm

theplasmastorm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    yes look up bootntr. put ntr.bin in sd card root and install bootntr.cia using fbi

9. awesomehero

awesomehero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2010
    United States
    I actually figured it out some time ago, buy thanks for the advice.

10. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    If I may ask why does translating break a game if all your doing is replacing text or are you fixing things the original developers didn't bother to test before releasing the game?

11. Vague Rant

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    @RemixDeluxe, it's a combination of things, but the short version is that they boil down to technical deficiencies in the tools we're using and human error.

e.g.:
    • The final boss crash was caused by our translated graphics (i.e. images that had text in them) being much larger than the original assets in file size, presumably overstuffing the allocated RAM. Licensed developers get software that's been professionally developed with full documentation, we have tools reverse engineered based on nothing but (potentially incomplete) research into the mystery proprietary formats used in games.
    • The missing text issue we had earlier was caused by us (probably me :x) introducing invalid characters into the script, which the game was failing to parse and causing problems when it wanted to read back the script and display that text.
    The former was kind of unavoidable, the latter would ideally be avoided, but is the reason why bug reports are so important to ensuring a quality product.

EDIT: To be clear, we've replaced a lot more than just text. There are also a massive number of graphical assets which included text that had to be translated and replaced (such as the title screen, basically every menu, etc.), as well as full motion videos which needed editing to add subtitles. We have to be able to get these to and from the proprietary formats required by the game without anything going wrong, which can be a hard ask without the original tools the developers had.

Last edited by Vague Rant, Jan 19, 2017
    RemixDeluxe likes this.
  12. Deadme0w

Deadme0w Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2011
    Netherlands
    Translasion is very good after 3h with the game. Thanks guys for your time !

13. simonrule

simonrule Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    if you notice any bugs please report them so they can fix in the next release

14. WillTheLion
    OP

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    New version 1.03 NTR patch: http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/P0BGr8Ju/file.html

Features cleaner subtitles, Korean dubbed videos, a new banner with the actual English logo. A small bug that caused the Chief of Leafre to have blank text boxes has been fixed.

DarthDub, simonrule and DarkSynopsis like this.
  15. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Okay, so I got the game today and I'm trying to figure out how to get this all setup.
    I'm using A9LH (sp) and Luma3ds on latest firmware.

16. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Nevermind I solved it.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe, Jan 27, 2017
  17. WillTheLion
    OP

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    Hey Vague Rant just wanted to ask if you wanted to participate in the interview. Haven't seen you around for a bit. If so the interview is in the dropbox. Just post your response in a copy of the text file and send it back here in a private message or post it on discord.

Hope to hear from you soon.

18. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    V1.03 for Cia still has typoes that were addressed in V1.02.

19. WillTheLion
    OP

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    If you can post what the the typos are we can find and fix them easier.

20. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes Gates

GBAtemp Patron
    medoli900 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2013
    Lavender Town
    The Pack Rat Medal feature only negative stats. Is that normal?
    Also, the skill Bear Smasher says "Requires charge". It is not true, since you can charge it, but it isn't necessary.

Last edited by medoli900, Mar 13, 2017