Hardware Many joypad questions.

adam ch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a counterfeit Wiimoteplus and nunchuk, which works fine, the nunchuck isn't the slickest thing in the world, but it's usable.

I'm confused by the whole WII U/Wii controllers. Some work with Wii U, others work but have to go through the Wiimote. The Pro-controller works with nearly everything and then the Classic Controller doesn't really work with anything?

1) Does anyone use counterfeit pro-controllers? Are they garbage or are they ok? Are they strictly Wii U only? No vWii?

2) I would like to use SNES joypads for SNES9xgx, will this work with those crummy under £3 USB SNES pads?

3) I would like to use real SNES pads, but you have to buy adaptors for each Wiimote and then go through that way?

4) You can pick up Official classic controllers/pro classic cheap. Thats the easiest option for vWii stuff?

5) What do you use for Wii U/Wii/Emulators?

Thanks

Last edited by adam ch,

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
1) Generic 3rd party Wii U Pro Controllers usually don't last very long before X part of them goes broke or loose, so either way you're losing. You can use a WUPC on Wii Mode too but someone who knows more about it shall reply soon (I'm more on the Vita side of things right now).

And hey, if you need an official Nintendo WUPC I could get you one for £21ish.

AenigmaDeorum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Certain third-party controllers are noteworthy, however, most are not of good quality and can only be used as a Pro Controller (and can't be used on vwii for that reason). There is one existing common third-party controller that can switch to pro controller, classic controller, or wiimote mode (although it is poor quality overall).

There are many different controllers that I haven't mentioned. First-party is generally the better option in terms of long term quality.

Here is the last detail I shall add. Certain apps on homebrew can use the pro controller.

Last edited by AenigmaDeorum,
Reactions: WiiCube_2013

adam ch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I traded Smash Brawl for a Classic Controller, playing Sanrio Smash Ball on the gamepad with the Classic pad is pretty cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real