ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
C9mzY62XsAA7J7a.jpg

The National Police of Spain has arrested a man for selling hacked consoles since 2014. The man was also selling Flashcarts. The agents found that the man had made more than 220 shipments of orders arranged and closed through a known mobile phone application and that would have already obtained profits of more than 54,000 euros although these games would have reached in the market an estimated value of more than a Million.

Source

Police's Twitter Account

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 84485

The National Police of Spain has arrested a man for selling hacked consoles since 2014. The man was also selling Flashcarts. The agents found that the man had made more than 220 shipments of orders arranged and closed through a known mobile phone application and that would have already obtained profits of more than 54,000 euros although these games would have reached in the market an estimated value of more than a Million.

Source

Police's Twitter Account

Then he is a jerk. He is selling them for his own profit and a greedy. He don't care about anybody but himself and his money. He have no respect. Glad that he is getting arrest. Stupid decision!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If the systems and or flashcarts had any ROMs on them, then that is indeed an actual crime to sell them. That is actually copyright infringement and he was rightfully arrested for breaking that law.
Selling hacked system and or flashcarts tends to be hit n' miss depending on most countries laws. But in most cases if I were to say, sell my old3DS with A9LH+CFW installed and no ROMs. No one would care, I am not providing copyrighted materials. If I were to have even one pirated titled though, they could go after me for selling pirated games.

Last edited by The Catboy,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the systems and or flashcarts had any ROMs on them, then that is indeed an actual crime to sell them. That is actually copyright infringement and he was rightfully arrested for breaking that law.
Selling hacked system and or flashcarts tends to be hit n' miss depending on most countries laws. But in most cases if I were to say, sell my old3DS with A9LH+CFW installed and no ROMs. No one would care, I am not providing copyrighted. If I were to have even one pirated titled though, they could go after me for selling pirated games.
Spain antipiracy laws are as strict and stupid as they look. Where i live piracy is ilegal too, but it mostly affects to books and movies, since the authorities dont give a damn fuck about videogames (and because videogames companies such as nintendo seems to forget that south america is still a thing)

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Lot's of users here have done/are doing the same... The console is yours and it is up to you to resell it and i can't see what is wrong with that.
Selling consoles is fine, selling consoles that are hacked to people who don't know how to hack isn't. It's exploiting their inability to look up a basic hacking tutorial and making money off of that.
The hacks are supposed to be free but someone is making money off of other people's hard work.

Last edited by Seliph,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spain antipiracy laws are as strict and stupid as they look. Where i live piracy is ilegal too, but it mostly affects to books and movies, since the authorities dont give a damn fuck about videogames (and because videogames companies such as nintendo seems to forget that south america is still a thing)
Wait a second, there's another America down south? Like more south than the south? Wuuuuut.

/s

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
Selling consoles is fine, selling consoles that are hacked to people who don't know how to hack isn't. It's exploiting their inability to look up a basic hacking tutorial and making money off of that.
The hacks are supposed to be free but someone is making money off of other people's hard work.
That's called a service. It's like saying why not fix your car yourself for free instead of paying someone who can do it for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs