Homebrew Make Your Old DS(i) Feel Like a 3DS [UNFINISHED, just here to save]

Jwiz33

OP
Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
3ds4ds.png

I figured I would finish this, because it has been bothering me.

Are you a 13 year old kid whose parents won't let you get a 3DS because "it's the same thing as a DS?" Well, if you have a flashcart, your DS can do many things the 3DS has, Miis, Streetpass, 3D (jk, but nobody uses 3D anyways), and much more! The way this'll be set up is I will have a 3DS feature and under it is the DS solution. Let's-a-go!

Miis
Who doesn't like Miis? "dude miis are an abnormal science created for shovelware"
Well, I think Miis are cool. One of the main reasons I bought a 3DS was for portable Miis..
Well, the is a few ways to get Miis on a DS. My personal favorite is the Japanese DS game
Tomodachi Collection. Its basically Tomodachi Life for the 3DS in Japanese on a DS.
In case, for some reason, you can't speak Japanese fluently, (lol) jjjewel made an unfinished
English translation for it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/unfinished-tomodachi-collection-english-translation-patch.357438/ . You need a certain rom version for it to work, but that version doesn't work on all flashcarts. some will have to make Miis in Japanese (like me XD)
Another way is the game Personal Trainer Walking. It's for all regions, I think. I never used it, but from screenshots I think that the Tomodachi Collection Mii Maker is better. From both
games you can transfer Miis to and from a Wii. The last way to make Miis is with this homebrew:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mii-maker-v0-1.169816/ . It is unfinished, not 3D, so really this
one is more of a last resort. I still like it though. So, MIIS!!

NSMB2

NSMB romhacks, there are plenty of them! I recommend NSMB5: Clone Tag Team 2 and SMB: The New Worlds

SM3DW
SM64DS romhacks!

Streetpass
Tag Mode

home menu
DSision 2

Virtual Console
Emulators

PSA: I made this thread a while back, when I was very new and ignorant :P

Last edited by Jwiz33,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
this seems a cool idea, but you may need to work better on "your advertisement" every once in a while a new guy comes to the forum and asks how he can play 3ds games on his ds (or dsi)

you may want to say something like "porting 3ds streetpass plaza to ds" or "porting some of the 3ds apps\minigames to ds)

Reactions: Jwiz33

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.