Hermpie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all.

Is it just me or are there more people not satisfied with the nintendo switch?
I have all nintendo consoles since the NES and this is the first dissapointment from Nintendo. (i'm 40 years old)

I played mario kart 8 on the Wii U , so i'm not doing that over.
Never was a Zelda fan , the game on the switch looks great. just not my kind of game.
Now im wandering what will be the next game that I want to play?

the only game im looking out for is Mario Odessey.

The game I still play the most is Wii U sports club.
I hope something like this will come to the switch soon.

last remark , it doesn't feel like a real console , more like a 3ds portable with a tv out option.
the controller and 3d rumble feel cheap and are too small.
and guess what : the pro controller from the wii u is not compatible.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well is really a you problem, not we problem, or should i say "Is a U problem, not WII problem" :P

If you don't like it, then sorry you don't like it. Is not up to us to convince you to like something you don't like. We aren't marketing committee people, we are simple users on a forum.

If you would like some game recommendations, I wrote a review on 2 games, Blaster Master Zero and Mighty Gunvolt Burst, two games for $10 I recommend especially for the DLC. There other reviews on this site for nintendo switch games, if any of them aren't your fancy, maybe sell it or try and wait for a game you want to play is released. :teach:

D

Deleted User

i truly love the switch. i mainly play in handheld mode but sometimes in docked too ( bomberman for example with friends)
best console i ever had (and i had all consoles c64 upwards)
i mainly love the switch because it can be played on bus and train and since i dont have a lot of time i can play while traveling from one destination to another.
there will be new games out shortly - so dont worry too much

Reactions: ATofix and Reecey

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The current library of games is somewhat amusing now I think about it. The only real big Switch exclusive is ARMS (and Splatoon I suppose but that's out on Friday so it doesn't count lol). Don't get me wrong, I love my Switch, and I enjoy Zelda and Mario Kart 8 as portable games more than I ever did tethered to a TV - but for people who are after a home gaming system... Eh. Maybe it'll be worth it for them by the end of the year when we have Fire Emblem Warriors (even if that's being released on 3DS too...) and Mario Odyssey, amongst other things.

Reactions: GamingAori

Hermpie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
blaster master , looks like a NES game. did I buy a 350 euro console for that?
Sorry in advance, Im not trying to badmouth the switch , I think it misses a brilliant game like wii sports...

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not going to make you like it.

If you don't have the patience to wait for games like Pokemon, fire emblem, Mario Odyssey, Metroid prime, Dragon Quest, Xenoblade, Monster Hunter, Skyrim, Fifa or any of the other key franchises that have been said will be coming to Switch then you shouldn't have bought a launch console.

Remember Switch is not even 5 months old yet, it still needs time for game's to establish and the library grow.

If you're not interested in those titles then I'd question why you are even buying a Nintendo console at all, stick to the other big 2.

Nintendo began with handhelds, have always excelled in handhelds and have always delivered with their handhelds, if you are surprised by Switchs' handheld DNA then probably you should have used some logic when you saw what was clearly a handheld before buying and done a bit of research.

If you don't like it, cool, it's still got a great resell value you probably won't loose hardly any money, trade it in and get on with your life.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
i truly love the switch. i mainly play in handheld mode but sometimes in docked too ( bomberman for example with friends)
best console i ever had (and i had all consoles c64 upwards)
i mainly love the switch because it can be played on bus and train and since i dont have a lot of time i can play while traveling from one destination to another.
there will be new games out shortly - so dont worry too much
I love it too! Yeah the Switch is miles ahead in quality and intuitive design against any other Nintendo console also has this guy even got a Nintendo Switch or is he just going by what he has red or seen because actually owning the console and using it is a huge difference and also I'm sorry but if you have actually used it on the go with the joy cons etc.. it comes into its own way ahead of anything else gaming wise! I cant fault it at all its amazing stuff! and MK8D & Arms anywhere, anytime is just the bollocks!! I think.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: andyhappypants

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I suppose when the Mario games start dropping along with the Pokemon i'll cave in and buy one.

Which is perhaps why you don't like the switch as of yet since the games are not appealing for you just yet.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
blaster master , looks like a NES game. did I buy a 350 euro console for that?
Sorry in advance, Im not trying to badmouth the switch , I think it misses a brilliant game like wii sports...
If Wii Sports is your idea of a brilliant game then the Switch might not be for you as it seems they are focusing more on core gamers this time around rather than casuals. It will probably have its share of casual trash like Wii Party (or I guess it would be Switch Party) but it won't be the main focus of the console like it was with the Wii.
Hi all.

Is it just me or are there more people not satisfied with the nintendo switch?
I have all nintendo consoles since the NES and this is the first dissapointment from Nintendo. (i'm 40 years old)

I played mario kart 8 on the Wii U , so i'm not doing that over.
Never was a Zelda fan , the game on the switch looks great. just not my kind of game.
Now im wandering what will be the next game that I want to play?

the only game im looking out for is Mario Odessey.

The game I still play the most is Wii U sports club.
I hope something like this will come to the switch soon.

last remark , it doesn't feel like a real console , more like a 3ds portable with a tv out option.
the controller and 3d rumble feel cheap and are too small.
and guess what : the pro controller from the wii u is not compatible.
Did you try Splatoon 2? That's one of the best games coming out for it this year IMO, but it's certainly not for everyone. I'm not traditionally a fan of shooters though and I still had lots of fun with Splatoon 1 and I'm sure I'll have just as much fun with the sequel.

And well, the Switch is a pretty mediocre home console, but it's a great handheld. The screen all around looks great with the resolution, contrast, size and such, games look great and play great on it. In TV mode games don't run as well or look as good IMO and when you look at the specs they are pretty bad even for a current gen home console, and this is supposed to be next gen. However, I can look past that since where the Switch really shines is with its portability and the ability to play full console experiences like Zelda and Super Mario Odyssey on the go. Regardless of what their marketing says (nevermind that in Japan it's actually marketed as a handheld), I'll still look on it as a handheld first, as that's what the specs indicate.

There aren't a whole lot of big system sellers out for it just yet, but once Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey are out, I'll be pretty satisfied with this year's library. Zelda, Mario and Splatoon in the first year? I can't complain about that.
There are a bunch of good games on the eShop to hold you over though, Kamiko for example is great, Snake Pass and Snipperclips are fun too, and there are lots more, have a look around.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Hermpie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
has this guy even got a Nintendo Switch or is he just going by what he has red

yes I have a switch , my hands are too big for the kiddy controllers. and above statements are correct. I miss proper games.
Im not looking for great looking games, but great playable games with friends.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blaster master , looks like a NES game.
Is called Blaster Master Zero, and yes, is a remake based on the original NES game from 1988 by sunsoft. No it doesn't suggest is bad. Is made by inti creates, competent game devs who are actually EX-Capcom employees and have been making mega man games since 2001 with Mega man Zero, ZX and Mega man 9 & 10, is a metroid-vania style game and if you played mega man ZX on NDS is much like that, the dlc is a bonus. Judging a book by the cover is not the best way to determine if a game is good or not. There is a free demo on eshop for nintendo switch and 3DS.

did I buy a 350 euro console for that?
t was a gift ... so I would never sell it.
Ummm..... yeah.......... why did you say this? :huh:

Once again, it was recommendation. You don't have to like the game or play it. I was trying to suggest a game you could find enjoyable.:mellow:

Reactions: SolarKnight777

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
yes I have a switch , my hands are too big for the kiddy controllers. and above statements are correct. I miss proper games.
Im not looking for great looking games, but great playable games with friends.
No offence buddy but I'm 27 and tbh have big hands and I can work the controllers just perfect! I think your just trying to play it down as "Kiddy Stuff" and using it as an excuse..

Last edited by Reecey,

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it was a gift ... so I would never sell it.

"they" say a lot , checkout all the games that didn't come to the Wii u....
Wii U also never sold with this momentum, Wii U also had 3 great Mario games, Mario Kart, Smash bros, Star Fox, Xenoblade, Poken, Monster Hunter, Zelda, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors, Darksiders, deus ex, need for speed, fast racing, backwards compatibility and emulators to play every Nintendo game created from NES to GBA to N64 as well as Sega systems, Nintendont for GameCube games and more.

This was a console that didn't even sell.

Already we have titles such as Metroid and Pokemon announced for Switch so that's already more franchises coming to Switch than the Wii U got.

Like I said, Switch is 5 months old and selling like a cure for cancer. If you don't want to sell it put it away and come back in a couple of years and see what the library is like then.

You can't expect a console to have a Sony quality library in 4 months of launch, especially following a disastrous previous entry. It will take time to regain confidence with developers however with sales like these it's unlikely to not easily eclipse WiiU in terms of quality titles.

Just wait.

Reactions: Ryccardo and Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii U also never sold with this momentum, Wii U also had 3 great Mario games, Mario Kart, Smash bros, Star Fox, Xenoblade, Poken, Monster Hunter, Zelda, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors, Darksiders, deus ex, need for speed, fast racing, backwards compatibility and emulators to play every Nintendo game created from NES to GBA to N64 as well as Sega systems, Nintendont for GameCube games and more.

This was a console that didn't even sell.

Already we have titles such as Metroid and Pokemon announced for Switch so that's already more franchises coming to Switch than the Wii U got.

Like I said, Switch is 5 months old and selling like a cure for cancer. If you don't want to sell it put it away and come back in a couple of years and see what the library is like then.

You can't expect a console to have a Sony quality library in 4 months of launch, especially following a disastrous previous entry. It will take time to regain confidence with developers however with sales like these it's unlikely to not easily eclipse WiiU in terms of quality titles.

Just wait.
Yeah that's very true, if the Switch was so bad then how come its still selling so well, even to the point you still cant buy one unless you want to go to a scammer on ebay and pay £500 - 600 pounds for one. Its even sold well above the wii and counting.. and that's within 5 months of its release.

Last edited by Reecey,

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope your right Risingdawn
Even if I'm not seeing as you got it as a gift look at this way, at least you get to play the great 1st party games that do come out for Switch with no initial console cost, even if they are few.

The Wii U had 1st party AAA games that were really must play games, things like Xenoblade, Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash bros etc. I'd have been gutted to miss out on quality games like these, at least now you won't with Switch.

I don't care about a console, I don't care about a brand and I don't care about a corporation. What I care about is a quality game, no matter if it's a Nintendo, Sony, PC or Microsoft game, if the games great I want to play it.

Gamers should enjoy games, not brands.

Last edited by Risingdawn,
Reactions: Shadowfied

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this turned sour fast :ninja:
What are we looking at here? A person disappointed with a free gift of nintendo switch over not enough games available for a 5 month old console? Or someone asking for suggestions of games to play? Try some demos, they have them for a reason (even though is very limited) but is better than nothing. Sorry you don't like it and no one here is trying to make you like it, this is basically a opinion based thread with other opinions that somehow is supposed to be centered about influence? I'm a bit confused.

You could try asking why do other people like the switch, or ask for game recommendations. I dunno what more to say.:unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night