Hardware Majora's Mask New 3DS XL preorder

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop on west coast is preordering again in very limited quantities guys. The manager at my gamestop just called me so I could go get one. Like the other temper just said, I have never been so excited to have a piece of paper. I am completely stoked just to know I have one coming. It was only $15 more for shipping to get it on launch day too. Good luck everyone.
What version of system firmware does it come with?
One reviewer said his review console that he just received, came with 9.0 out of the box. I will be happy as long as it is below 9.4. Any other version below is perfectly fine!

Reactions: Maximilious

Korin

Trophies
XP
Country
Preordered mine in Australia through EBgames website a few days ago. They're still available, surprisingly, however the "second shipment" will be slower.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was only $15 more for shipping to get it on launch day too.

I was about to do the free shipping but remembered reading that it's another 8-10 day wait. Once they said $15 for next day it was a SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY moment for sure haha.

One reviewer said his review console that he just received, came with 9.0 out of the box. I will be happy as long as it is below 9.4. Any other version below is perfectly fine!

If they come with 9.0 I would be so stoked for a second GW update. GW is probably waiting for the US/UK release to see what version it will be on. What review did you watch if you mind me asking?

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw on kotaku that gamestop was doing walk in pre-orders, a very limited amount too. the closest gamestop opened at 10 (3 and a half hours ago) i went there around 11 or 11:30 and asked the employee. he said he just barely got the email 5 min ago detailing how many walk in pre-orders their store could do. He also said about 5 people had already called about it before he got the email which is sad, I was going to call when they opened but figured I was going around there in an hour. I am super exited now :D sadly I couldn't trade in my 3ds but I should be able to sell it for a good amount later.

Korin

Trophies
XP
Country
Do they really need to know? Do they put in the serial number or something when you trade in?
They probably do, but I think it would be kinda sleazy to unload a 3DS that can't play games from this region onto some unsuspecting kid trying to buy a used 3DS

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They probably do, but I think it would be kinda sleazy to unload a 3DS that can't play games from this region onto some unsuspecting kid trying to buy a used 3DS

Indeed. One of the things I will never support is return fraud. Some people like to use the "Stickin' it to the corporate machine." logic, but forget that in the end in ends up hurting a normal consumer like yourself who buys the console down the road.

This is not return fraud, but the end result is fairly similar to the end consumer. If you tell them and they have no issue with it, great. If they do I'd not trade it in and would instead try and sell it for cash.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I wouldn't see any issue with this. Say someone does buy the DS and it doesn't load your regions games. Big deal, they switch it out on the spot for one that can, and the manager sends it into GameStop so they can ship it to a country that can play said games. Just because you trade it into your local region doesn't mean a world-wide company can't deal with this problem. And this promotion is happening world-wide. I would cash it in and if you're really worried about it, tell the manager they need to ship it to a US Gamestop for inventory as it's NTSC region.

Edit: Not to mention, a lot of promotions like this end up sending them into IT recycling, while keeping the pristine units that were traded in for resale.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't see any issue with this. Say someone does buy the DS and it doesn't load your regions games. Big deal, they switch it out on the spot for one that can, and the manager sends it into GameStop so they can ship it to a country that can play said games. Just because you trade it into your local region doesn't mean a world-wide company can't deal with this problem. And this promotion is happening world-wide. I would cash it in and if you're really worried about it, tell the manager they need to ship it to a US Gamestop for inventory as it's NTSC region.

Edit: Not to mention, a lot of promotions like this end up sending them into IT recycling, while keeping the pristine units that were traded in for resale.

https://ebgames.com.au/trade-and-save/what-can-I-trade

• Your Nintendo 3DS console needs to be an Australian model, in working condition and not be modified.

They only allow trade ins of the Australian model anyways as they should. Why should a company (even a huge one like GS) have to take in out of region consoles/games when their rules explicitly say they don't? You can try and get lucky with a dumb employee, but don't expect them to take it as they say they won't.

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got one today as well 2 hours ago at local gamestop. call ahead. I couldn't get 2 and they say they wont even ship another to the same address if you go to another gamestop =/

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to do the free shipping but remembered reading that it's another 8-10 day wait. Once they said $15 for next day it was a SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY moment for sure haha.

If they come with 9.0 I would be so stoked for a second GW update. GW is probably waiting for the US/UK release to see what version it will be on. What review did you watch if you mind me asking?

It was on here somewhere. The guy just remembered that it made him update out of the box to the "random theme" version so he guessed it was 9.0 out of the box. 9.0 had themes but random themes were next update. AND Yeah the $15 was definitely a "take my money please" kinda moment. I'm not gonna wait 7 days for it to get here!

I'm glad to see other tempers getting one. As soon as that manager called me I wanted to post here. I made sure I went and got mine first though, heh. Really glad others are getting them.

Reactions: Maximilious

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Indeed. One of the things I will never support is return fraud. Some people like to use the "Stickin' it to the corporate machine." logic, but forget that in the end in ends up hurting a normal consumer like yourself who buys the console down the road.
and then they can just return it to the store... right?

Korin

Trophies
XP
Country
and then they can just return it to the store... right?
If your region changing method allows me to change sysnand to EUR and even update into EUR I'll do it. Speaking of which, would that be possible to accomplish on N3DS potentially?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands