Hacking Majora's Mask & EmuNAND 9.2 ?

Tomsquik Chill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Since 9.5 come out I did not hear any update from MT-Card, may be it has some incompatible with emunand 9.5

If you happen to have a backup of emunand 9.4 you can try playing this game with it.

MT launcher works well with emunand created by gateway until 9.4 I don't have any problem with classic mode at all.

I don't have this game to try it for you, I remember a nightmare I have while playing this game on N64 decade ago. lol

macnemo79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last night I tried the EUR rom on my MT-CARD and everything worked fine until I saved at the owl in the clock square and I got a black screen saying I ejected the game card. Could it be a protection of the game?

ChrisX930

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Last night I tried the EUR rom on my MT-CARD and everything worked fine until I saved at the owl in the clock square and I got a black screen saying I ejected the game card. Could it be a protection of the game?

Works fine for me.
Tried to save right now and I don't get any errors.
Using Retail Cartridge and EmuNAND 7.1 - MT Launcher
11112_904177766279955_5166937918103380132_n.jpg

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
uhhh not totally related but do we know what firmware is on the MM3D card? I'm getting a N3ds XL (reports say it comes with 9.0) and I wanna play some legit games till gateway releases their update :P

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See what happens when you extract the ROM and load it on the micro SD, I wonder if that will be the same as it works fine with mine.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
have you updated to 9.5 on MT, if so the latest MT fw is not designed for 9.5, and has caused quite a few bugs.....one of which seems to be MM not working properly, test it with 7.1-9.4 emunand
Okay, I did this right now:
- Upgrade SysNAND 4.5 to 7.1
- Started Majoras Mask (works). Created Savegame
- Downgraded SysNAND from 7.1 to 4.5
- tried to start the Game on MT_EmuNAND 9.5
- Started Majoras Mask (DON'T Work! Stucks on start).

Will try it with a Gateway EmuNAND 7.1 after I created a new SD Card for it.
yeah, thats all to be expected, you can boot upto 7.x emunand in classic mode with gateway but they disabled 7.x rom decryption unless you have the gateway card inserted when booting it up (which is also why 8.x+ emunand won't work in classic mode as it uses 7.x encryption on the home menu meaning it just freezes unless the gateway card was inserted before booting into classic mode)

losermode

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you updated to 9.5 on MT, if so the latest MT fw is not designed for 9.5, and has caused quite a few bugs.....one of which seems to be MM not working properly, test it with 7.1-9.4 emunand

yeah, thats all to be expected, you can boot upto 7.x emunand in classic mode with gateway but they disabled 7.x rom decryption unless you have the gateway card inserted when booting it up (which is also why 8.x+ emunand won't work in classic mode as it uses 7.x encryption on the home menu meaning it just freezes unless the gateway card was inserted before booting into classic mode)

So right now I have a 3DS XL (USA) with 9.2 sysnand and no gateway.

My original goal was to downgrade it to 4.5 then install CFW and emunand on separate SD cards as per the tutorial I've seen floating around here.

I guess my problem is, if I download the update for my emunand it will go straight to 9.5 right? And as you're saying MT launcher with 9.5 is problematic.

So am I boned out of having an updated >7.X emunand (need it to play Pokemon ORAS, MH4U, and LoZ eventually correct?)? I was ready and willing to give up my retail carts' saves in order to have CFW and the ability to access the eshop as well as play newer games...

:unsure:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So right now I have a 3DS XL (USA) with 9.2 sysnand and no gateway.

My original goal was to downgrade it to 4.5 then install CFW and emunand on separate SD cards as per the tutorial I've seen floating around here.

I guess my problem is, if I download the update for my emunand it will go straight to 9.5 right? And as you're saying MT launcher with 9.5 is problematic.

So am I boned out of having an updated >7.X emunand (need it to play Pokemon ORAS, MH4U, and LoZ eventually correct?)? I was ready and willing to give up my retail carts' saves in order to have CFW and the ability to access the eshop as well as play newer games...

:unsure:
yeah unless MT release a new launcher, they probably will, they usually arent too far behind gateway.....but in the meantime it would be buggy 9.5 support or sticking to 9.4 or lower without eshop updates

losermode

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah unless MT release a new launcher, they probably will, they usually arent too far behind gateway.....but in the meantime it would be buggy 9.5 support or sticking to 9.4 or lower without eshop updates

And that's really my problem. I can't even get 9.4 or below even because the updater will go straight to 9.5 from emuNAND 4.5 right?

I feel like Chaldron should make that known in his guide because it still says "9.4 emunand" which is...well...impossible to get at this moment from 4.5.

MrCheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically we have to wait for MT card to update their Launcher.dat, at which point Majora's Mask and Flipnote 3D will become launchable...?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having this problem just now. I tried using the MT Launcher with a backup I made of my 9.2. Worked perfectly.
It'd really be something if Sky3DS could release their own Launcher. It'd certainly solve this problem.

vingt-2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was having this problem just now. I tried using the MT Launcher with a backup I made of my 9.2. Worked perfectly.
It'd really be something if Sky3DS could release their own Launcher. It'd certainly solve this problem.
Hey how did you inject your 9.2 nand backup into MT card emunand? By hand ? Emunand tool does not see my MT Card emunand partition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.