Gaming Majora's mask 3DS, please let it happen.

fischermasamune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a second reason for a remake, rather than appealing to nostalgia of people who played the original, is to provide (make available for purchase) a game that has proved to be good and has a good reputation, so people who didn't play the original may play some form of the game.

I never played the 3DS version nor I intend to buy it. But, had I never played Ocarina of Time, I would have a great experience in the handheld version. When and if I buy a Wii U or one backwards-compatible successor, I'd like to try Wind Waker, since I never touched that game and Zelda games are (at least the four I've played) very good.

About the Majora Mask remake: I really enjoyed the N64 version. However, I don't think I would buy it for 3DS, but I'd surely recommend the remake (unless it's buggy or doesn't do justice to the original someway) to those who have never played it. Said that, I'd rather see resources invested in a new game, but I understand the fans who want remakes of their favorite games and Nintendo's (and other companies) option in doing them.

About prices: in an environment of free competition, there's no such thing as fair price for an entertainment product. Nintendo sells their games for the price they want. Consumers will agree or disagree with their wallets.

Reactions: gamesquest1

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there is always next year...hell are we ever going to get a Majora's Mask 3ds are we Nintendo? Nintendo's hypothetical response "No we never had plans to do it we just like screwing with our fans hey remember when we said to look out for a cool Majora's Mask connection in a Link Between Worlds and the fact there was none funny wasn't it?."

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the MM remake is something like OoT3D, then it's hard justifying a purchase.
If they want to have an actual remake, I think Nintendo can learn from Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Tons of new features added, but still based on the original game.

To those who have never played Majora's mask (like me) it's not. I played OOT for the first time in january and that shit broke me down questioning wtf i was wasting my time on back then in the 98-99 that i didn't see this gem. Remakes aren't only for people who played the game. Im now waiting for the majora's remake now.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those who have never played Majora's mask (like me) it's not. I played OOT for the first time in january and that shit broke me down questioning wtf i was wasting my time on back then in the 98-99 that i didn't see this gem. Remakes aren't only for people who played the game. Im now waiting for the majora's remake now.

But for those who haven't played MM, there are already a multitude of ways to experience it. It seems like a waste to spend time "developing the same game" for a quick cash grab from the fans.
And yes, remakes aren't just for returning people, but at the same time, adding new features makes it that more appealing to the old crowd and the new.

Reactions: Foxi4

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your argument is "it's a good game and not everyone has played it yet!" then I'm pointing my finger of judgement at Virtual Console and all the other releases again - you have ample opportunities to play the title at more affordable prices.

Sure but if we want to play it on the go with better graphics and in Stereoscopic 3D, who are you to say we shouldn't look forward to such a thing? Price of OOT3D didn't bother me, so if this sold at the same rate, then they'd definitely get my money.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sure but if we want to play it on the go with better graphics and in Stereoscopic 3D, who are you to say we shouldn't look forward to such a thing? Price of OOT3D didn't bother me, so if this sold at the same rate, then they'd definitely get my money.
If you want to play it on the go, there's always the NVidia Shield... :tpi:

On a serious note though, there's nothing wrong with such remakes as long as they put a breath of fresh air into the game - to me, OoT:3D didn't. You liked it, you'd definitely buy MM3D, that's your prerogative - I'm just saying that I expected a tad more from something that boasts the title of "remade from the ground up", I'm merely sharing my opinion on the matter. ;)

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think wrong

You're telling me you weren't hoping for even more Zelda games to be announced?

Because no one would've bitched if MM was announced or any other game for that matter. Unless of course you're not a fan of Zelda.

I'm looking at you, people who complained about OOT 3D :/

Whatever happened to people hoping for more games in a series? then when they're announced "Oh I don't want this" *sighs* it's like the kids who complain that they're hungry but when you make them a sandwich "I don't like this, make me something else".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
(...) Unless of course you're not a fan of Zelda. I'm looking at you, people who complained about OOT 3D :/ Whatever happened to people hoping for more games in a series?
Maybe some people hope for new Zelda games. That, and complaining about a remake that doesn't accomplish the primary goals of a remake is hardly a reason to call someone "not a fan of Zelda" - there's a difference between hating and having standards. Now, to be fair, I'm not too big on 3D Zeldas - I think they're full of busy work, but I had a blast with 2D ones, especially A Link to the Past and The Oracle of Seasons. ;)

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe some people hope for new Zelda games. That, and complaining about a remake that doesn't accomplish the primary goals of a remake is hardly a reason to call someone "not a fan of Zelda" - there's a difference between hating and having standards. Now, to be fair, I'm not too big on 3D Zeldas - I think they're full of busy work, but I had a blast with 2D ones, especially A Link to the Past and The Oracle of Seasons. ;)

but the game was remade in 3d was new graphics, I don't see how that didn't fulfill what you would want?

The only thing I had an issue with the remake was the soundtrack. It's still good but the whole time I played it I thought.. needs less midi.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play it on the go, there's always the NVidia Shield... :tpi:

On a serious note though, there's nothing wrong with such remakes as long as they put a breath of fresh air into the game - to me, OoT:3D didn't. You liked it, you'd definitely buy MM3D, that's your prerogative - I'm just saying that I expected a tad more from something that boasts the title of "remade from the ground up", I'm merely sharing my opinion on the matter. ;)

Well OOT3D was definitely worth it for me, because, despite the fact that at that time I had beaten just about every Zelda title ever released (aside from Zelda II and Four Swords Adventures). OOT actually managed to be a game that I had never personally beaten at that time. Sure I watched my buddy play it when it was released nearly 2 decades ago, but I wasn't playing, and I hadn't seen the game all the way through since that first playthrough. So really for me, the 3DS rerelease was perfect. Now I've beaten Majora's Mask multiple times, but I'm still looking forward tot he idea of playing it again on the 3DS, and this is probably be Majora's Mask remains my favorite Zelda game. But Hell, who am I to talk? I got Link's Awakening DX when it was released, despite the fact that I already had owned and beat the non color version multiple times before that game's release. So (with the series especially), the right rerelease will certainly earn my money at the same price I may have even once paid for it originally at taht.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
but the game was remade in 3d was new graphics, I don't see how that didn't fulfill what you would want? The only thing I had an issue with the remake was the soundtrack. It's still good but the whole time I played it I thought.. needs less midi.
If you take the time to review my earlier posts, I laid down my "reasons" for finding the game lacking. Long story short, giving a 14-year-old game a fresh coat of paint without adding any new content or improving upon the gameplay mechanics (preferably doing both) is just busy work, especially if the new coat isn't all that amazing to begin with. Stereoscopic 3D isn't a selling point on the 3DS - it's a requirement.

fischermasamune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your argument is "it's a good game and not everyone has played it yet!" then I'm pointing my finger of judgement at Virtual Console and all the other releases again - you have ample opportunities to play the title at more affordable prices.

Why did you quote me? In this rude way? You didn't address what I wrote, just created a scarecrow, and anyone can beat a scarecrow.

You don't have to reply to any of my posts in any way; a forum can support coexisting multiple points of view. Really. However, if you do, please comment on it and not on something else.

Majora Mask is not available on 3DS Virtual Console. What you said is kind of a moot point since the topic is about a remake of... Majora Mask for... 3DS. (Even if it wasn't, the other mentioned games (WW, OoT) couldn't be played on the VC of the consoles that got the remake.)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why did you quote me? In this rude way? You didn't address what I wrote, just created a scarecrow, and anyone can beat a scarecrow.

You don't have to reply to any of my posts in any way; a forum can support coexisting multiple points of view. Really. However, if you do, please comment on it and not on something else.

Majora Mask is not available on 3DS Virtual Console. What you said is kind of a moot point since the topic is about a remake of... Majora Mask for... 3DS. (Even if it wasn't, the other mentioned games (WW, OoT) couldn't be played on the VC of the consoles that got the remake.)
I wasn't being rude, I was replying to what you said in your post:
I think a second reason for a remake, rather than appealing to nostalgia of people who played the original, is to provide (make available for purchase) a game that has proved to be good and has a good reputation, so people who didn't play the original may play some form of the game.
All I said was that those who did not play the original have an ample amount of opportunities to do so on pretty much every Nintendo home console to date. It's not available on the 3DS, no, but that doesn't mean that it's not available at all.

I actually agree with what you said later in the post, namely that you'd rather see effort put into brand-new games.

You are correct in saying that multiple viewpoints can co-exist on a forum, that's sort of the whole point of forums - exchanging opinions. Mine is that such remakes are unnecessary and if anything they should be budget titles or at the very least heavily improve on the original game - I think it's a valid opinion. Again, I wasn't being rude, so sorry if I came across that way. ;)

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Foxi will go leap and bounds to prove his point. He will not admit it but he likes to flame and troll and when confronted he will act innocent saying "i just expressed my opinion which is true anyway"

Try not to take anything you see in the internet personally though, there's a lot of misunderstanding and people don't really care about people's feeling too.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Majora's Mask 3DS isn't an 'if', it's a 'when'.

Nintendo will release it when they have a dry spot to moisten up. OOT 3DS sold like hotcakes and was rated just about as well as the original. There's pretty much 0 chance of it NOT coming out. Just need to wait.
I doubt they'll release it anytime soon though, since they're already bringing a lot of zelda to the table lately.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm not

Soooooooo... then why don't you cut the crap and reply with a half decent message and explain which Zelda game you would've wanted to see instead of Majora's Mask?

I can't think of anything. They just released a Link Between Worlds so I doubt they'd spit out another new game so soon.

I'm quite serious by the way what would you have rather of seen?

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Soooooooo... then why don't you cut the crap and reply with a half decent message and explain which Zelda game you would've wanted to see instead of Majora's Mask?
I can't think of anything. They just released a Link Between Worlds so I doubt they'd spit out another new game so soon.

I'm quite serious by the way what would you have rather of seen?

It isn't about what I would rather have seen. I just couldn't care less if Majora's Mask (or any 3D Zelda, for that matter) was announced at E3, thus invalidating your original assumption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: +1