Hacking Major_Tom Explains Game Dumping/Mods on 3.60

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i edited the saves with the p4g save editor and put them back in my game and they worked and changed fine, so i can't see how that would work without them being decrypted

just to be clear i'm still running the game icon with molecular shell booting in it's place and ftping in, so the system still thinks the cartridge is running, it's just starting molecular shell's eboot instead of the cartridge one
yeah, that's what i was asking - so great, you didn't need to run near. ok, works for me too.
maybe near is only needed to be run for the actual game files, but not the save...?

Ciphray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep the cartridge files remain encrypted but the save files do not, don't need to use anything but normal molecular shell to write files into the patch folder, doesn't seem to use any type of game by game encryption there

tried dumping an mp4 file and it wasn't playable with the same method the saves were decrypted by.

at least this saves time for save editing, no reboots or app.db hoops to jump through

Last edited by Ciphray,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yep the cartridge files remain encrypted but the save files do not, don't need to use anything but normal molecular shell to write files into the patch folder, doesn't seem to use any type of game by game encryption there

tried dumping an mp4 file and it wasn't playable with the same method the saves were decrypted by.

at least this saves time for save editing, no reboots or app.db hoops to jump through
yes, all we need now is a simple homebrew that swaps two patch directories.
for example: swapping GAMEID_real or GAMEID_shell to GAMEID, so that we don't have to manually do it each time :D

- or if vitashell let us make bookmarks/pin folder to the first screen... :)

Last edited by cearp,

kwii626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I've run into a little bit of a wall. Every time I try to unpack the data.cpk it tells me that the cpk signature is not found. I had a little bit of a problem opening my game as it says the file was corrupted and on my last attempt it worked so, I'm able to go into my gro0 and extract the data in there. Problem is, every time I extract the English version it fails on me. I've extracted the JP version just fine. I actually forgotten to mention that I could not open the game through the browser and had to open it through the game itself.

Last edited by kwii626,

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you could extract the Japanese, then it's the same procedure with the English one. Nothing changes other than the TITLEID. Just make sure you have the right one though.

kwii626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I was able to extract the japanese was because I downloaded it from a site. I'm not gonna divulge that information because I'm afraid of breaking the ToS. When I dumped the game myself, I've gotten the same error over and over.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The reason I was able to extract the japanese was because I downloaded it from a site. I'm not gonna divulge that information because I'm afraid of breaking the ToS. When I dumped the game myself, I've gotten the same error over and over.

That's what I thought. What error did you get from the browser when dumping your english copy?

EDIT: You need to dump it from the browser or it won't work. Have you checked that your entries in app.db are correct? It's easy to forget to set the flag to '1' under tbl_uri as well. If you have a PSTV, remember to use the email app instead of the Near app.

Last edited by Cinnamon,

kwii626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought. What error did you get from the browser when dumping your english copy?

EDIT: You need to dump it from the browser or it won't work. Have you checked that your entries in app.db are correct? It's easy to forget to set the flag to '1' under tbl_uri as well. If you have a PSTV, remember to use the email app instead of the Near app.
So I redid the whole thing from scratch and I finished extracting everything. Another problem rears its ugly head and I'm now getting error c2-10520-8. I got rid of the molecularshell files, as I'm using the physical copy, and I edited the PARAM.SFO file app version to be 1.01. Every time I pop in the game it just shows me that error.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Which folder did you get that param.sfo from? If it's the app0 folder then that param.sfo is the wrong one. The right one should be in ux0: for digital version and gro0: for cart.

Also, how did you edit your param.sfo? Hex-editor?

kwii626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used the param.sfo from the rip I made of the game which was gro0. I've used the param.sfo editor from the github guide to edit the file. Now when I insert the cartridge the game just draws a blank if that helps.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've used the param.sfo from the rip I made of the game which was gro0. I've used the param.sfo editor from the github guide to edit the file. Now when I insert the cartridge the game just draws a blank if that helps.

That clears it. Try using a hex-editor since they are more reliable to me. I always get errors using the sfo editors with most of my games.

Reactions: kwii626

kwii626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I grabbed my backup rip from the game and changed a fresh param.sfo. I used HxD this time to manually change it myself but it's still showing the error code.

g.a.u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyway to undub soul sacrifice delta ?
replace voice_ue.pk with voice_jp.pk not working
google
"[可运行] PSV游戏【灵魂献祭DELTA】港版中文VRK版 百度盘" to get chinese ( japanese voice) dump

Last edited by g.a.u,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended