Hacking MAJOR WII MOD PROBLEMS (hacked 3 years ago and now lost)

TaqiMollah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, So I hacked my wii 3 yrs ago while i was still a dumb kid and now I want to get back to it and play some wii isos. I have no idea where I am right now exaclty but here are my problems.

1. USB loader gx was already downloaded on home menu but not working, it was giving me some message about stubbed clos cios etc. . I uninstalled it and installed a the latest usb loader gx and proceeded to open it up. I created a backup of "wii play" to test it out on my wbfs usb. it was succesful but when i press start it takes me back to the homebrew menu. I then changed the wbfs format to FAT32 but same problem. Please help. (if more info on the error message or anything is needed i will give, just ask)

2. Wiiflow was also installed 3 years ago but when i open it up says something about a cIos error...(if more info on the error message or anything is needed i will give, just ask)

3. WAD manager will not work. after i select ios version 249 my wiimote looses sync then i have to manuallly turn the wii off. i tried insralling "yet another wad maanger" but same problem.
4. Some channels like "mario world", "super smash bros" (original) was also downloaded on home screen but when i click on it i press start it says this channel cannot be started or something like that. Does anyone know the problem. Im guessing its my whole moded wii. I probally didnt do it right as a kid. I will provide a syscheck if needed. I really am stressed about this and cant get it off my head so if anyone would be able to help id be so happy.

UPDATE: i have fixed the problems by installing cios d2x but usb loader gx wont recognize my usb. when i had the older version it would say instalizing usb but now it says hdd instead. I have tried looking over the intenret but unable to find a solution since my one says hdd. it is worth noting that it usb loader gx displays my homescreen apps if the hdd is not recognized and the 2secs are up. (even tho i have plugged in my usb)

Last edited by TaqiMollah,

TaqiMollah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
UPDATE: i have fixed the problems by installing cios d2x but usb loader gx wont recognize my usb. when i had the older version it would say instalizing usb but now it says hdd instead. I have tried looking over the intenret but unable to find a solution since my one says hdd. it is worth noting that it usb loader gx displays my homescreen apps if the hdd is not recognized and the 2secs are up. (even tho i have plugged in my usb)
Post the syscheck.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
plug the usb on the back of your wii, if usb loader gx still didnt see it then make sure Cios d2x was installed correctly.
if you give up just install cfg usb loader and enjoy :yaywii:

TaqiMollah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
plug the usb on the back of your wii, if usb loader gx still didnt see it then make sure Cios d2x was installed correctly.
is cfg usb loader another typeof usb loader? and thanks for jumping in aswell :)

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
is cfg usb loader another typeof usb loader? and thanks for jumping in aswell :)
just like gx and wiiflow, but i never face any problem with cfg usb loader even if it's not updated from long time, but try both usb ports on the back first as those loaders don't work on the front ports of the wii.

TaqiMollah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just like gx and wiiflow, but i never face any problem with cfg usb loader even if it's not updated from long time, but try both usb ports on the back first as those loaders don't work on the front ports of the wii.
ok thanks ill get back to u by tomorrow and update u on it. since im not home yet and have no time till like 9pm AEST time. thanks again

TaqiMollah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
IT
WORKED!! every guide ive seen it always says put usb in front port but as u suggested it to put it in second and i did! it worked!!! thhxxx so much

Reactions: Lazyboss

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT

WORKED!! every guide ive seen it always says put usb in front port but as u suggested it to put it in second and i did! it worked!!! thhxxx so much
Every guide I have ever seen not only tells you to plug the hard drive into the back USB port, but specifies to use the port closest to the edge of the console. This is the same for the Switch.

Next time just use ModMii. If you run into any issues, be sure you are using the latest version of d2x. The d2x version on the site you used may not be the latest version. I have no idea. The site uses their own archive instead of linking to the github one.

https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/wiki/How-to-choose-the-d2x-distribution-fitting-your-needs
https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/releases

Reactions: TaqiMollah

TaqiMollah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Every guide I have ever seen not only tells you to plug the hard drive into the back USB port, but specifies to use the port closest to the edge of the console. This is the same for the Switch.

Next time just use ModMii. If you run into any issues, be sure you are using the latest version of d2x. The d2x version on the site you used may not be the latest version. I have no idea. The site uses their own archive instead of linking to the github one.

https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/wiki/How-to-choose-the-d2x-distribution-fitting-your-needs
https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/releases
ill be sure to do that next time :D

Reactions: OrGoN3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol