Hacking Major Cock up by me or not?

D

Deleted-355425

There is no telling when or even if they will release it to be honest, I'd goto 3.18 and wait and use ecfw now.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no telling when or even if they will release it to be honest, I'd goto 3.18 and wait and use ecfw now.

Do you have to be on 3.18, I thought the exploit games worked for EU 3.18 and below? I was going to get the Space Invaders Extreme of PSN and use that for ecfw it says for 3.18 and below so I just presumed it worked on 3.10FW? I was just going to do a Restore this system job and then log into my PSN account on my PC Laptop and download it from there then on to my Vita and go from there??. What do you think is the best way? Thank you :)

Edit: also do you know any developments on these .PKG files??? Do you think they will be able to be used in the near future.

D

Deleted-355425

It will work on 3.10, it's just the ps1 Loader Superbike (what ever it's called) or tekken 2 pretty much only work on 3.18 and they play the ps1 roms flawlessly with full sound. If you just want ecfw for psp roms and play snes n the result of the emulators 3.10 is fine. IM on my phone at the mo so writing instructions will have to wait till later when I'm home. Pm me if I forget :P

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
If you have not bothered in using it previously before you updated, then just sit it out on on the latest firmware and do no update any further, who know's there maybe something found in the future. It's basically asking how long is a piece of string? as there is no real answer.

There is no real native kernel hack on the vita and tbh, the psp emulation side of things is a waste of time on the vita. I own a vita myself and 4 PSP's and, if PSP iso's, homebrew, emulators, etc, is a must, then a use a real PSP anyday of the week. Tbh mate, trading in for a lower firmware unit paying more more on top is silly really due to the way things stand at this present moment. That's just my opinion

If you don't already have a PSP, get one and install a CFW and keep the Vita as it is now for any possible kernel access exploits in the future.

D

Deleted-355425

my post from wololo:

- choose to stay on your current firmware or update manually to 3.18 using your vita and pc (ps1 roms work better on 3.18 when you run it through XS Moto/tekken 2 if US or Sports superbike 2/tekken 2 in EU)
- Install openCMA patch over CMA on your pc in admin mode
- log a ps3 onto the psn with the same account as your vita
- download the exploit games/ps1 loaders on the ps3 from the psn store and leave them in bubbleform, no need to install.
- make sure yoru vita is activated if not then format it and follow the steps when it comes on, log into the internet and login to psn account, watch the intro and then goto settings and put the vita into plane mode, reboot it.
- plug cable into vita and pc and on the vita goto cma, when it loaded unplug the cable out of the pc and leave the error screen up and plug it into the ps3 and follow the steps on the vita to go into the ps3 and copy game across
- copy exploit games across and then goto the pc and setup the exploit save files AND THE PSP 660.PBP file (named like that, make sure if file extensions are off to switch on and name like this) by putting them in the myydocuments>ps vita>86fd876g78f6gd ETC ETC> saveetc etc
-plug vita back into pc and transfer the save exploits over which you just put in the vita folder
- launch the game and trigger the exploit while holding down the Shoulder (cant remember which prolly right) button and you will get a black screen with text
- goto advaanced>install and install the 660.PBP then back out and exit, your done.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my post from wololo:

- choose to stay on your current firmware or update manually to 3.18 using your vita and pc (ps1 roms work better on 3.18 when you run it through XS Moto/tekken 2 if US or Sports superbike 2/tekken 2 in EU)
- Install openCMA patch over CMA on your pc in admin mode
- log a ps3 onto the psn with the same account as your vita
- download the exploit games/ps1 loaders on the ps3 from the psn store and leave them in bubbleform, no need to install.
- make sure yoru vita is activated if not then format it and follow the steps when it comes on, log into the internet and login to psn account, watch the intro and then goto settings and put the vita into plane mode, reboot it.
- plug cable into vita and pc and on the vita goto cma, when it loaded unplug the cable out of the pc and leave the error screen up and plug it into the ps3 and follow the steps on the vita to go into the ps3 and copy game across
- copy exploit games across and then goto the pc and setup the exploit save files AND THE PSP 660.PBP file (named like that, make sure if file extensions are off to switch on and name like this) by putting them in the myydocuments>ps vita>86fd876g78f6gd ETC ETC> saveetc etc
-plug vita back into pc and transfer the save exploits over which you just put in the vita folder
- launch the game and trigger the exploit while holding down the Shoulder (cant remember which prolly right) button and you will get a black screen with text
- goto advaanced>install and install the 660.PBP then back out and exit, your done.

Wicked guide, thank you for your time as well! :) I was just going to use the Space Invaders Extreme game, according to the guide it works on FW 3.18 and below for ecfw and its on the PSN store for only £3.99p so that's not that bad, I was going to go with that one, is that OK? I was going to sort the exploit game out asap to my Vita but I need some solid advice if that is OK to run with. I see your a fellow UK countrymen so you would know best so what would be the best game for me on 3.10 of PSN?

D

Deleted-355425

if you are on 3.01 then go for Numblast its the bee's knees, infact you dont even have to do anything once you press play on the game on the dashboard it just boots you into ecfw if its all setup right lol.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
if you are on 3.01 then go for Numblast its the bee's knees, infact you dont even have to do anything once you press play on the game on the dashboard it just boots you into ecfw if its all setup right lol.

I'm on 3.10 not 3.01, shame though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh