Hacking MAIO: Moonshell All-in-One for R4s

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:

Updated Wood, R4 and Gold to 1.33 (thanks YWG)
Updated nesDS to 0.54a. (thanks huiminghao)

yaynds.gif

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New update:
All versions have been updated to Wood 1.35. (Thanks again YWG)
This should now work on R4iGold from www.r4idsn.com. (Confirmation needed)

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
New update:
All versions have been updated to Wood 1.35. (Thanks again YWG)
This should now work on R4iGold from www.r4idsn.com. (Confirmation needed)

Does this work on r4 III upgrade cuz i tried it and yes i loaded wood r4.nds becuz its not a gold and it works fine but when u load a game it gets stuck on loading can u plz fix this for r4 III ill give u anything required as in kernel files such as ds menu.dat and others plz Thanks Joel16

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
sauske_firekid said:
Does this work on r4 III upgrade cuz i tried it and yes i loaded wood r4.nds becuz its not a gold and it works fine but when u load a game it gets stuck on loading can u plz fix this for r4 III ill give u anything required as in kernel files such as ds menu.dat and others plz Thanks Joel16
It doesn't work. Just because the UI works doesn't mean it will work fully...as many people found out a long time ago...back when it was first released...Even if someone had the brains to fix it, they can't anyways...the source is still locked...

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sauske_firekid said:
I think that card is a DSTT clone so it won't work with Wood or AK. I am suprised it boots though. Can you exit to wood, exit to firmware ok?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
sauske_firekid said:
It doesn't work. Just because the UI works doesn't mean it will work fully...as many people found out a long time ago...back when it was first released...Even if someone had the brains to fix it, they can't anyways...the source is still locked...

no it cant it boots everything perfectly but it just cant play games (wifi update crc32 all works) and also its an r4 clone not a dstt clone many people r stuck with this clone including me

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
sauske_firekid said:
no it cant it boots everything perfectly but it just cant play games (wifi update crc32 all works)
I'm trying to tell you that what you are experiencing is what many other clone users have already experienced. In other words, you are no closer to using the Wood kernel than they are unless your goals isn't commercial ROMs.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sauske_firekid said:
jurassicplayer said:
sauske_firekid said:

no it cant it boots everything perfectly but it just cant play games (wifi update crc32 all works) and also its an r4 clone not a dstt clone many people r stuck with this clone including me

can someone update akaio for r4 III that will be preety cool and by the way mantis41 did u release the source code

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sauske_firekid said:
by the way mantis41 did u release the source code
There is no specific source code as this is a compilation of other peoples' work hence the very large credits in the OP.
I don't believe the source code for Moonshell 2.1 or Wood have ever been released.
The source codes for all of Xenon's work can be found in the links below.

icon11.gif
Xenon Files
icon11.gif
Utilizing XenonNDS Tools

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:

Wood 1.38
nesDS 1.0b

The BB code in the OP is giving me the shits so I have resorted to plain text. I can't get banners working and combinations of lists, indents and paragraphs seems to realy mess things up.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are you all placing your .nds files? In a folder, if so where in the micro sd's file directory? Do you guys like it better than the original kernel plus wood combined, if so why? I'm interested in tinkering but I'd love to know what you guys like most about MAIO. Thanks guys! :)

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Positives:
Menus and themes look a lot better, graphics and text are sharper.
Scrolling lists across both screens looks better.
Movies, music and images play directly from the menu.

Negatives:
Slightly slower loading times.
Settings and cheat changes require exit to firmware.
Very rare but, games can have missing icons. (fixed with Romer but then requires cheat database edit to use cheats for that ROM)

Edit: I also like to run ROMs from Moonshell because deep down I'm still a bit childish and someone told me I wasn't allowed to do it. Yes! I used to get in loads of trouble when I was younger.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Positives:
Menus and themes look a lot better, graphics and text are sharper.
Scrolling lists across both screens looks better.
Movies, music and images play directly from the menu.

Negatives:
Slightly slower loading times.
Settings and cheat changes require exit to firmware.
Very rare but, games can have missing icons. (fixed with Romer but then requires cheat database edit to use cheats for that ROM)

Edit: I also like to run ROMs from Moonshell because deep down I'm still a bit childish and someone told me I wasn't allowed to do it. Yes! I used to get in loads of trouble when I was younger.

Mantis I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm exactly the same way. By the way, great answer but a tad bit incomplete as you didn't tell me where you are putting your .nds files (games) in the micro sd card structure. I'm still hoping you answer that for me. :D

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm exactly the same way. By the way, great answer but a tad bit incomplete as you didn't tell me where you are putting your .nds files (games) in the micro sd card structure. I'm still hoping you answer that for me. :D
I forgot,
Positive: Play NES files and others directly from Menu

I have moved the NDS files around many times. They used to be all under SD:\games. Then I started using Subs like SD:\Games\Puzzle Games. I now have Directories NDS ROMs, NES ROMs, Mame Roms, Music, Movies. Some of these have a sub structure.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice it can be divided and orderly. When I watched a video of MAIO is action it was all intertwined, nes through nds games. I didn't like that setup. I'm going to try it out and be a little rebellious :D Thank you Mantis for your answers. I don't care what every one else says about you. Your ok in my book :)

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long overdue update:

Change log (v2.7):

Updates:
Wood 1.43
nesDS 1.0 release

Added support for R4iDSN (requires testing)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb