JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I been skipping Madden all together for years actually.
If you played any version over the past decade, you know exactly what every other version is like. They pretty much just update the players and occasionally add a new feature or tweak the controls.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Isn't this exclusivity ending this year? It would be great to have some choice in NFL video games again.
I think it's already expired once and the NFL renewed the contract. I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen again as long as people still buy Same Goddamn Game Except For A Roster Change 20XX.

Reactions: 431unknown

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I have bought Madden since they got exclusive rights either actually, last on I bought was on PS2 but apparently EA settled a law suit recently and if you did buy it you are entitled to some cash.

• If, between January 1, 2005 and June 21, 2012, you bought a new copy of Madden NFL, NCAA Football, or Arena Football for the Xbox, PlayStation 2, PC, or GameCube, it’s $US20.37 per game, capped at eight in all.
• If, between January 1, 2005 and June 21, 2012, you bought a new copy of Madden NFL, NCAA Football, or Arena Football for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or, God help you, the Wii, it’s $US5.85 per game, capped at eight.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think the Wii U screen would be perfect for tactical stuff in American Football. Now I have no understanding of that game at all, but from what I've seen before ;)

Reactions: Rydian

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Agreed. Pity EA have turned there backs on Nintendo. :(
Not really, EA's a terrible company anyways and just makes the same games over and over again, then leave shit out so people would have to play them more money.

Honestly I am glad the Wii U won't be getting any of EA's games.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the wiiu isn't getting another generic sports game that's exactly the same as it's previous title except it has better gfx and MOAR power and players. who fucking cares
Investors who see such titles as easy money-grubbing, for one.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
See, there's no reason for this. I'm not saying I support Madden, but this is literally just EA being dumb.

They say they have a strong relationship with Nintendo, which is a huge lie. I mean, Battlefield, sure I can understand why. People don't realize the potential of the WiiU yet. But this? A fucking Madden game that can run and look just as good on a damn GameCube? No, I'm sorry but no. This is just EA being butthurt about something and are punishing the gamers and their fans and not Nintendo.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, there's no reason for this. I'm not saying I support Madden, but this is literally just EA being dumb.

They say they have a strong relationship with Nintendo, which is a huge lie. I mean, Battlefield, sure I can understand why. People don't realize the potential of the WiiU yet. But this? A fucking Madden game that can run and look just as good on a damn GameCube? No, I'm sorry but no. This is just EA being butthurt about something and are punishing the gamers and their fans and not Nintendo.

EA doesn't want to take on the additional costs that porting will bring if the expected profit isn't high enough to justify them. EA's own finances have been a little shaky recently, so they probably only want to take surefire bets at the moment. The Wii U's having some trouble now when it comes to sales, and that's worrying for everyone involved. Let's not pretend otherwise, or act as if it's the publishers job to see "the potential" within a struggling system. That's a pitch Nintendo has to make.

Look, I get it, your console of choice is struggling and that sucks, but does everyone have to take news like this so personally? Or have we become so defensive of our entertainment devices that we have to call companies "butthurt" the moment they make a shrewd business decision?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EA doesn't want to take on the additional costs that porting will bring if the expected profit isn't high enough to justify them. EA's own finances have been a little shaky recently, so they probably only want to take surefire bets at the moment. The Wii U's having some trouble now when it comes to sales, and that's worrying for everyone involved. Let's not pretend otherwise, or act as if it's the publishers job to see "the potential" within a struggling system. That's a pitch Nintendo has to make.

Look, I get it, your console of choice is struggling and that sucks, but does everyone have to take news like this so personally? Or have we become so defensive of our entertainment devices that we have to call companies "butthurt" the moment they make a shrewd business decision?

No I'm just tired of it because it doesn't make sense.

Publishers say they won't develop for a console with low sales.
But the only way to increase the sales, is to make games for it.
But publishers say that it's up to Nintendo to increase the install base.
Nintendo releases games and brings in a huge install base,
and Publishers still say they won't bring their games to Nintendo consoles because they can't compete with Nintendo games.

It just doesn't make sense. Nintendo wants third party developers to develop for the WiiU to increase fans. But the developers/publishers want Nintendo to do it. It's a never ending cycle. Nobody wins and nobody can win unless someone breaks the cycle. Afterall, the ones that are hurting the most are the fans. And that's not fair to them.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm just tired of it because it doesn't make sense.

Publishers say they won't develop for a console with low sales.
But the only way to increase the sales, is to make games for it.
But publishers say that it's up to Nintendo to increase the install base.
Nintendo releases games and brings in a huge install base,
and Publishers still say they won't bring their games to Nintendo consoles because they can't compete with Nintendo games.

It just doesn't make sense. Nintendo wants third party developers to develop for the WiiU to increase fans. But the developers/publishers want Nintendo to do it. It's a never ending cycle. Nobody wins and nobody can win unless someone breaks the cycle. Afterall, the ones that are hurting the most are the fans. And that's not fair to them.

It's Nintendo's responsibility to entice publishers to their system. Publishers are not your friends - they are your business partners first and foremost. If you're not doing good business, don't be surprised when that relationship suffers. Honestly, it seems like Nintendo either doesn't care or doesn't realize that.

After all, the third party publishers were there for the launch. They brought a lot of titles with them, some with extra, Wii U-exclusive features. A lot of the games may have been ports, sure, but that was sort of the idea - A welcoming party for Nintendo into the world of HD, yadda yadda yadda.

Well, the games under-performed pretty much across the board. They took a shot and got burned for it. Can you blame them for being a bit touchy and skeptical, especially as the system continues to struggle? There's a lot of money involved in game development, and publishers can't just be expected to throw it at a lagging console out of good faith that maybe things will improve eventually.

Until Nintendo recognizes the situation and invests more in promoting third party efforts and securing exclusives (cough cough Rayman cough cough), then they'll continue to suffer the consequences. If Nintendo is a victim, they're a victim of their own volition.

(Also, publishers are hardly responsible for the feelings of Nintendo fans. It's the risk you knowingly take with early adoption, after all.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1