Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
MirkoD I've disabled them for now, but idk why you're having luck with them.

Anyways. V1.20 has been released. If you know anyone using an older version, tell them to update, because V1.20 contains many important (And essential) bugfixes. And if you're new to the program, have a go at it. It's optimized and runs far better now.

Reactions: DSoryu

MirkoD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MirkoD I've disabled them for now, but idk why you're having luck with them.

Anyways. V1.20 has been released. If you know anyone using an older version, tell them to update, because V1.20 contains many important bugfixes. And if you're new to the program, have a go at it. It's optimized and runs far better now.

Got 4 Hits on NZ ;-)
I'll get the new Version tomorrow and give it a try.

And please change your Bug-List in the first Post saying "Confirmed NOT WORKING on XP (No hostednetwork in XP)" because in your requirements you say that it works. I use it in XP.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Got 4 Hits on NZ ;-)
I'll get the new Version tomorrow and give it a try.

And please change your Bug-List in the first Post saying "Confirmed NOT WORKING on XP (No hostednetwork in XP)" because in your requirements you say that it works. I use it in XP.

I know there's an alternate way to do it. Check the link there.

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People having issues with the NZ World Macs, are you guys running Win 7? Because of the first octet restrictions (x2, x6, xA, xE) for MAC spoofing in windows, I have never been able to get those ones to work. It would just reset its MAC address back to the wifi card's native MAC in those cases.

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
People having issues with the NZ World Macs, are you guys running Win 7? Because of the first octet restrictions (x2, x6, xA, xE) for MAC spoofing in windows, I have never been able to get those ones to work. It would just reset its MAC address back to the wifi card's native MAC in those cases.

I'm using Win 7 and can't get those to work.

wutAbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's what happens to me aswell, when using the NZ World Macs. My MAC address reverts back to its original mac. This also occurs on personal macs, but some work and some don't. Not sure if the ones that don't work, they have it turned off or not.

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when I get bugs I can fix, I'll re-enable them in V1.21 with a warning.
Yeah the Nintendo World and most of the personal MACs from the spreadsheet are unusable for Win7/8 users. That was the main reason I kept bringing up changing the prime MACs from 40: to 4E: addresses. If you are planning on this program being Win7/8 only, you could just do away with that drop down box and instead add a warning there about the Windows limitation.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Yeah the Nintendo World and most of the personal MACs from the spreadsheet are unusable for Win7/8 users. That was the main reason I kept bringing up changing the prime MACs from 40: to 4E: addresses. If you are planning on this program being Win7/8 only, you could just do away with that drop down box and instead add a warning there about the Windows limitation.

Good thing I used 4E: in my program. I'll enable them though for V1.21, but mention that they may not work for everyone, and that it's not a bug if it doesn't work for them.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is something weird happening on a new particular adapter I bought for a friend... I was testing it and got this on the hosted network:

bqdu.png

As you can see, the Hosted Network MAC is 1E:53:50:4F:4F:2o instead of the "4E". It makes the 3DS to have 3 or 5 passes from the same mii, maybe those are people who have this same problem and are passing with the "1E" MACS.

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that seems likely... I have/had a similar thing going on with 42: octet MACs. Wouldn't be surprised if some of those people were unaware of it changing to 1E.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
So it looks like macshift isn't properly changing the MAC addresses of users. I'm going to look into this and see if perhaps there is some kind of alternative to macshift. Feel free to make suggestions!

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So it looks like macshift isn't properly changing the MAC addresses of users. I'm going to look into this and see if perhaps there is some kind of alternative to macshift. Feel free to make suggestions!

Maybe macmakeup?

EDIT: Noticed it has something to do with the adapter, tested with a "Realtek WLAN adapter" and the MAC changes properly... the another one, the "1E" is an Atheros WLAN Adapter.

Maya82

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you, I'm using this successfully on my netbook. I have two questions:

1. I'm connecting to the internet through ethernet and using my wireless internal card to make the whole mac cycling. Since I own a USB wifi dongle, I'd rather using my internal wifi to connect to the internet and the dongle to cycle mac addressed. I followed Chaldron's instructions and I named my USB dongle connection Wi-Fi but doesnt seem to work. Looks like the attwifi network is linked to my internal card, not the dongle.

2. After the mac cycling, how do I restore my interface's original mac address? I thought MACycle did it when you click the "Stop" button but it doesn't.

Thank you in advance.

Falco20019

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello Maya82

1. You could try to disable your internal wirelesscard before adding the hostednetwork. Maybe then, it chooses the correct one. I have not found a switch in the command to choose what interface to use.

2. This is not done, but you can do it in cmd with 'macshift -i "Wi-Fi" -d'

Reactions: Maya82

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Hello Maya82

1. You could try to disable your internal wirelesscard before adding the hostednetwork. Maybe then, it chooses the correct one. I have not found a switch in the command to choose what interface to use.

2. This is not done, but you can do it in cmd with 'macshift -i "Wi-Fi" -d'

I'm contemplating adding some additional command buttons in the settings tab to start and stop the hostednetwork as well as reset a MAC address.
Maybe macmakeup?

EDIT: Noticed it has something to do with the adapter, tested with a "Realtek WLAN adapter" and the MAC changes properly... the another one, the "1E" is an AtherosWLAN Adapter.
macmakeup would be nice... If it was a command-line tool. I'm not sure if I can invoke it via command line. If I can though, I'll look at it.

Edit: I'm looking at macmakeup, however, I'm not sure about the "interfaces" aspect of it. If I can figure out what it means by interfaces, I could make a test build for people having issues, or perhaps add the option to use macshift or macmakeup if one or the other doesn't work.

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
Gotta say 1.20 is working very nicely; didn't realize ya fixed the freezing. Nice job!

Got 2 friends here leeching off my laptop, we've gotten a couple hundred combined over the past night. (Which is kinda surprising, last time I tried it with my fiancee one of us kept getting the other, many times over)

My only suggestion now is a "skip" button. One of my favorite features of Chaldron's.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Team Fail how about this one? http://cdn.redeszone.net/down/soft/seginf/etherchange.rar

I have not tested it yet, but another users are getting nice results, the only issue I see is that it doen't disable-enable the adapter automatically.

Thing is, I need to be able to run it from a command window. macshift is invoked like so: C:\macshift.exe -i "Wi-Fi" 001122334455. Doing that with macshift will set the MAC of the "Wi-Fi" adapter to 00:11:22:33:44:55. Easy and clean to do.

It relies on the adapter's name as defined in Windows. macmakeup is a bit different, it assigns a number to each adapter, and from my tests, it hasn't been very reliable. etherchange doesn't seem to work in the same way either.

picano I may add a "Next" button soon, I need to figure out how to add it.

Reactions: DSoryu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo