Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
A more general question here. Can I get Japanese streetpass hits using this software? Do I have to add special MAC addresses? Thanks.

well there's a guy from Japan region with 80k tags, and I've seen Korea as well (they have their own languages in the notifications). So I would presume the answer is a yes

Reactions: Avenger2000

Avenger2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there's a guy from Japan region with 80k tags, and I've seen Korea as well (they have their own languages in the notifications). So I would presume the answer is a yes

Thanks for the info. I finally got this working under Windows 7. Windows 8.1 didn't seem to work together with the USB network adapter properly. I'm hoping to street pass with Japanese games like Youkai Watch.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Just set this up and looks awesome, can't thank everyone involved enough from inception to final version. Homepass is genius lol. Well I setup my Virtual Wifi Network on Win7, and I'm getting the nifty "You can connect to a Nintendo Zone" message complete with a blinking icon. I was curious how long on average does it take for the streetpass to appear?

Well strange, MACycle has already cycled through 2 MAC's, it's currently switching to the next Mac, it seems to restart the hosted network with no problem and I have it cycling through the Prime Mac's just to test, but I haven't seen a streetpass yet, I take it that's not normal?

EDIT: Set it up with a wired connection and it worked. I don't know why it doesn't work via my Wi-Fi card :(

Rourke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only thing that works for me are the 160 MAC addresses. I can see the MAC change when I do a ipconfig /all and see my 3DS pick up people.

But everything else doesn't change the MAC address. So that's connecting to a single custom MAC, to a Nintendo World MAC, or the custom list of MAC's. Whenever I try these I see it running through the normal proces in Network Connections, but the ipconfig says it's back to the original MAC. My 3DS is not picking up anything either.

What's going on?

Rourke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've found out that only the Extended Mac's work, but none of the others. I'm not sure why.

By the way, love the program. Makes things a lot easier. If I can make some suggestions to (what I think) will improve it:

1. Add a timer-bar for every indivual cycle. This way people can see how much time they still have to clear their entrance.
  2. Add timestamps to the Output field. No explanation required I think :)
  3. I think this is more difficult, but it would be pretty awesome if you can add a checkbox that prevents changing to a MAC that has been used for the last 8 hours allready. It would not only be usefull to the end-user but to improve the streetpass network too.
  4. More of a bug in my opinion: the pause/resume state should be cleared when you stop a queue. Right now for example: if I run through the extended MAC's, pause and decide to stop but will continue to do custom MAC's for example it will stay paused.
  5. Somehow show the current live mac on the network interface called Wi-Fi. That way everyone can see it worked. Perhaps use getmac for that?
  6. Also very difficult I assume: show live what devices connect to it. Virtual Router Manager does this and it's quite handy.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The only thing that works for me are the 160 MAC addresses. I can see the MAC change when I do a ipconfig /all and see my 3DS pick up people.

But everything else doesn't change the MAC address. So that's connecting to a single custom MAC, to a Nintendo World MAC, or the custom list of MAC's. Whenever I try these I see it running through the normal proces in Network Connections, but the ipconfig says it's back to the original MAC. My 3DS is not picking up anything either.

What's going on?

That is because windows drivers limitations, setting those MACs is forbidden and thus MAC is reverted back to default. There is nothinc MACCycle can do with that.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
edit: nvm it still works, didn't work due to different reasons related on my system, still no idea why the hell it shows different mac addres.
So i Noticed something weird, barely started the software however here's the output:

Okay, will use MACs in a defined order.
Switching to the next MAC. Please wait...
Waiting 3 seconds for cooldown...
Restarting hostednetwork...
Using MAC 1 of 16, 4E53504F4F46.
Skipping to next MAC Address...
Switching to the next MAC. Please wait...
Waiting 3 seconds for cooldown...
Restarting hostednetwork...
Using MAC 2 of 16, 4E53504F4F40.
Canceling the cycle...
The cycle was cancled.
Done!

here's the problem i've been running wireless survey on tomato seeing how 3ds dosen't seem to see it.

when mac was supposed to be 4E53504F4F46 the actual mac was 1E53504F4F46.
and when it was supposed to be 4E53504F4F40 it was 1E53504F4F40

i.e. 1 instead of 4 at the begining.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
edit: nvm it still works, didn't work due to different reasons related on my system, still no idea why the hell it shows different mac addres.
So i Noticed something weird, barely started the software however here's the output:

here's the problem i've been running wireless survey on tomato seeing how 3ds dosen't seem to see it.

when mac was supposed to be 4E53504F4F46 the actual mac was 1E53504F4F46.
and when it was supposed to be 4E53504F4F40 it was 1E53504F4F40

i.e. 1 instead of 4 at the begining.

Once again, this is a driver related limitation, though strange one. You have nothing to do with that rather that change the wireless adapter.

KaiserAlucard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really don't understand why it isn't working for me. I followed every step, and everything seems to be configured as it should be. And still no streetpass. Anyone could tell me where to look for errors?

MoQdVwg.jpg

GrooBdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

ortsov004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It can't, I actually use MACycle to change the MACs and Connec8 to change the SSID if I need to, just run Connec8 to setup your hotspot and then run MACycle

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I made a tool to quickly check the real MAC change abilities of your wireless adapter driver in Windows.
Just download it from http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/maccheck.cmd (If you can't download, check your browser security) and launch from the command line like this
Code:
maccheck.cmd "your wireless network connection name"
It will work for about 3 minutes, during this time the selected connection will be toggled off and on many times.
Some explanations about the result.
:toot: Any MAC - well, you're lucky
:) With bit1=0 you do not have limitation for a streetpass, all hardware MACs have this value
:mellow: With bit2=1 you can use only the same locally set like Prime MACs but native Nintendo Zone and other users hardware MACs just can't be set by the driver, it will either fallback to the hardware MAC or change it with something different. So once again, DO NOT use any hardware MACs in that case.
:O If the result is a limited number of MACs, in most cases with any common MACs available you're able to get streetpasses from the people with the same drivers. The only thing we can do is to select the most common MACs for the variety of such drivers to be the new Prime MACs. So just PM me the output and I'll gather it all.
:cry: If can't change, well, you can only report your MAC so others can visit you. No, you can't try other macshift/MacCycle/Mac-whatever- all are working over the driver which was just checked for the real MAC change.

Mhetralla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I made a tool to quickly check the real MAC change abilities of your wireless adapter driver in Windows.
Just download it from http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/maccheck.cmd (If you can't download, check your browser security) and launch from the command line like this
Code:
maccheck.cmd "your wireless network connection name"
It will work for about 3 minutes, during this time the selected connection will be toggled off and on many times.
Some explanations about the result.
:toot: Any MAC - well, you're lucky
:) With bit1=0 you do not have limitation for a streetpass, all hardware MACs have this value
:mellow: With bit2=1 you can use only the same locally set like Prime MACs but native Nintendo Zone and other users hardware MACs just can't be set by the driver, it will either fallback to the hardware MAC or change it with something different. So once again, DO NOT use any hardware MACs in that case.
:O If the result is a limited number of MACs, in most cases with any common MACs available you're able to get streetpasses from the people with the same drivers. The only thing we can do is to select the most common MACs for the variety of such drivers to be the new Prime MACs. So just PM me the output and I'll gather it all.
:cry: If can't change, well, you can only report your MAC so others can visit you. No, you can't try other macshift/MacCycle/Mac-whatever- all are working over the driver which was just checked for the real MAC change.

The CMD windows closes itself when ends, I suggest to use the command maccheck.cmd Wi-Fi > maccheck.txt.

I got this:
This interface adapter driver can use unicast MAC [bit1=0], which is not a problem, and only local MAC [bit2=1], i.e. not hardware.​
So... I can use a virtual hotspot with MACycle, and any Mac?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The CMD windows closes itself when ends, I suggest to use the command maccheck.cmd Wi-Fi > maccheck.txt.

I got this:
This interface adapter driver can use unicast MAC [bit1=0], which is not a problem, and only local MAC [bit2=1], i.e. not hardware.​
So... I can use a virtual hotspot with MACycle, and any Mac?

You can just run it from CMD or use a pipe po place result in a clipboard with | clip.
It states NOT HARDWARE. Prime MACs are not, but all MACs of official zone hotspots are hardware, you'll never reach them so don't waste your time for that MACs.

BTW this is a most common situation for the wireless adapter in Windows and my script is aware of that, the server sending to the windows clients only local MACs from the lists. It will be good if you post all of the output, it contains hardware and driver information which may help others. I have got a RaLink usb dongle which works with the native Windows7 driver much worse in terms of a MAC change, but with Mediatek drivers it works just like yours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr